“Avoid this place!”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Smiths Falls
Reviewed 5 June 2008

We were going to stay at the Best Western but there were a couple of blokes hanging out of a window and loud music blaring in the background. So, we decided to move on and ended up at the Comfort Inn. I wish we'd stayed at the Best Western now.

I think the reviews before me (apart from the first couple) have said it all. It was vile. Filthy, run down, smelly and .... did I say filthy?

AVOID THIS PLACE!!!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank leesecole
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge

Reviewed 30 December 2007

Happy New Year to Kim, Tina & Zulay for a job well done and beyond the call of duty. Very pleasant staff to interact with.
Our room was clean, large and everything was there that we needed.
The breakfast was great with a good variety to choose from.
Our overall experience for 8 days was beyond our expectations and we have nothing but praise for the staff & Zulay.
Great job well done to all of you and we will recommend this hotel to anyone going to Smiths Falls.
Donna & Jake Maryniak
Calgary, Alberta

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 13 August 2007

I stay at Hotels frequently and this was by far the worst Hotel ever.
To start it took us over an hour to get checked in. When we arrived at our room door the card would not work so after many trips to the front desk to complain that our card would not work in the room door which was assigned to us we heard people in the room and realized that the room was already occupied. They then gave us another room "which only had one bed in it" even though we had reserved for 3 people (2 1/2 months prior to the visit) they told us that was all they had left so take it or leave it but we are not giving you a discount or a refund. I could go on for hours but I'm sure you understand.
It cost us $100 a night and there were absolutely no services available and the Hotel and it had a terrible odor and was extremely dirty and run down.

After this visit and the way we were treated I will never stay at a Comfot Inn again.

If I was this chain of Hotel I would be ashamed to have my name on this place.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank TravelerfromQC
Reviewed 2 August 2004

Building was very old and musty smelling. Balconies were falling apart! Very dangerous! Pieces were falling to ground below. One tiny dirty elevator was very gross! Room was filled with cob webs and several spiders! Balcony door would not open. Bathtub was dirty, shower curtain was disgustingly dirty! Shall i go on? A complete dump that should be condemened! I don't know how Comfort Inn could put it's name on this dive! Do not stay here!!! 0 star Hotel!

8  Thank Leafs_Country
Mattawa, Ontario
Reviewed 3 December 2003

I was very unimpressed with the comfort inn and so were the people I went with. The balconies are in terrible shape. They were cracked and seemed pretty dangerous to be on. The balcony door on my friends room didn't close right, the only way to keep it closed good was using the lock. She asked to change rooms and the room they were going to put her in the balcony door wouldn't even open.The stairway was a major disgrace as there was writing on the walls, two of the floors had a pile of dirt on the landings, there was major damage on the ceiling near the windows, there was all kinda chips-holes-and unproperly done drywall repairs in the stairwell. There was an article of clothing and a baby diaper on the roof below us. the radio on the alarm in my room did not work while it did in my friends. There was also water leaking in my friends room. The heat wasn't working too well.

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
London, England
Reviewed 22 September 2003

First impressions were bad,. The car park was falling to bits the tarmac was all crumbled and riddled with potholes. Not a good impression. Things didn't improve.The building is a concrete relic from the 1970's. It would have been quite something in it's prime but now it's old and looks ready for demolition.Reception was yellowed with age & decor was in need of updating. The two check-in staff were efficient. Can't say much more than that.The safety certificate in lift two years out of date. The lift was very rickety and I would have used the stairs except were on 4th floor and had lots of luggage.Room had been refurbished and was your standard characterless corporate. Balcony was a disgrace. Water stained and filthy. No furniture and not somewhere you would want to spend time.Air conditioning unit in room was as old as the hotel. Extremely noisy and then failed to work at all. Moved (after many hassles with reception) to another room. Not as well appointed and the bathroom was damaged. Air-con worked but all the buttons had broken off so was not adjustable.Bed comfortable but the discovery of a pair of earplugs (not ours) led me to the conclusion that the sheets were not clean. Relieved I didn't find them until the following morning.Breakfast was also a disgrace. Small table in reception with half a loaf of bread (still in supermarket bag) and pack of cereal dumped on it. We declined for fear of poisoning ourselves.We paid $99 for B&B and it was a complete rip off. If the Smiths Falls Comfort Inn was my only choice I would choose to sleep in the car.

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Allentown , Pa.
Reviewed 13 August 2003

when we pulled into the parking lot . I thought "drats" it was behind a run down mall. The lobby looked better than I thought it would. The woman behind the desk was pleasant , another plus. the room o.k. but, we had no remote control, no iron, no hair dryers . the floor wasn't vacuum along the side of the bed. So needless to say I won't be going back

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
#4 of 4 in Smiths Falls
Tay Inn
Tay Inn
#2 of 5 in Perth

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!