Comfort Inn Simcoe
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sherwood Motel(Brantford)
Comfort Inn(Brantford)
View Hotel
All reviewsbreakfast roomstayed hereport doverpicnic tableshot breakfastodorbbqmicrowaveappointmenttrees
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Reasonable price and a clean comfy room. Park right at the door. Friendly staff. Quiet at night. I will be back!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Barb295, General Manager at Comfort Inn Simcoe, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2011

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you had a comfortable, pleasant stay. We know how important it is to get a good rest when you are travelling on business. We hope you are taking advantage of the many benefits of our Choice Priveleges Rewards while you travel as well.

On your next visit, please enjoy the added comfort of our upgraded room! You will find it especially relaxing.

We hope to see you here next time you have business in this area!

Barb Rideout

Reviewed 28 July 2011

We only had the opportunity to stay at this hotel one night but will definitely be back. We overnight in Simcoe several times over the summer months and this was the first time at the Comfort Inn. Of the 3 chain hotels in Simcoe, this is by far the best.
The rooms were very clean as were the hallways and the common areas.
The beds were very comfortable and I don't know what it was about their pillows but they were the best.
We didn't make it for breakfast (about 10 minutes late) and they do shut it down when they say they are so get there on time if you want food.
It was great they had a small fridge in the room too.

Room Tip: 2 floors...bottom floor has patio doors to the parking lot...2nd floor has nice bright windows
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Barb295, Manager at Comfort Inn Simcoe, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2011

It was fortunate that you gave Comfort Inn a try over the other two chains on your most recent visit to Simcoe! We do have recent updates to most of the rooms which include new carpeting, bedding, linens, and oooh those pillows! Awesome, aren't they?

It's a shame you missed the complimentary breakfast. We hope you did enjoy the 24 hour gourmet coffee and tea service!

All rooms feature fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. Just this week our 23" tv's have been replaced with large tv's.

Now that summer is over, we hope you come back and enjoy one of the many events in this area this fall!

Barb Rideout

Reviewed 18 April 2011

My husband and I are in Simcoe for a temporary work project. He appreciates that coffee is ready in the breakfast room before he leaves at 5:15 a.m. I appreciate the fridge and microwave and comfortable bed. Once a week or so I use their laundry service; they wash, fold and deliver to our room (same day) everything we can fit into a HUGE bag, for $20. The front desk and housekeeping staff are friendly and helpful. The breakfast is great--fruit, pastries, boiled eggs, scones, toast, tea and coffee. I have had no problems with the wireless Internet; I'm obviously using it right now. TV choices are limited, but they do get the major networks and some cable channels. Canada Superstore (groceries and almost everything else) and Zellars (like Target) are an easy walk, and there is a Harvey's/Swiss Chalet Restaurant next door. Wednesday evenings, guests are treated to light meals in the breakfast room. Last week was a delicious chicken soup; the week before, a chicken pasta dish.

There is a road leading to a wholesale apple distributer next door--you can't miss the sign. They have a tea room with very reasonable pastries, and unique house accents for sale. And lots of apples, or course, as well as cider and other treats.

The hotel is set on the highway, but downtown Simcoe is but a two-minute drive, or a 15 minute walk. I walk there almost daily to participate in the actvities at the Senior Centre. If you're of "seasoned" age and are going to be here a while, ask to be a temporary guest as I did. Wonderful people, lots to do. Tomorrow is line dancing class--woo hoo!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Blackwell752
Barb295, Manager at Comfort Inn Simcoe, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2011

Thank you for a rousing and insightful review. Your generous observations about our hotel are greatly appreciated. As well, you have given readers a colourful description of our area and some of the town's people whom you encountered along the way. Your review is a testament to our small town and its pleasantries. It was most certainly a pleasure having you as guests and hope you will return when your husband can enjoy a leisurley visit as well.

Reviewed 19 March 2010

I travel all over Canada and the Us and stay in ALOT of hotels. I only wish every hotel I stay at had as nice of staff as this hotel.
They were sweet right from the minute I walked in.
One of the house keeping staff offer to go open my patio door for me so I didnt have to carry all my stuff the long way.
I have never had anyone at any hotel I have stayed at offer that. Was so nice!!!
Also I had a nice gift basket in my room as a welcome with chips, pop, water and other snacks. It was a very nice touch.
Thanks Comfort Inn Simcoe...hope to see you next year:)

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind words toward the staff at Simcoe Comfort Inn. We strive to make our guests feel welcome and at home during their stay. Little touches might give a guest a big lift after a long journey. Since your stay here, we have added complimentary gourmet coffee and tea and hot chocolate which guests will find in the breakfast room, along with peanuts, popcorn, and cookies. We hope you will visit again soon while the weather is sunny and you can enjoy the BBQ in our park-like back yard!

Reviewed 7 July 2009

We stayed two nights at the hotel, as part of a large group of family and friends attending a nearby wedding. We paid a wedding rate, which was good ($99/night).

We arrived around noon, and they checked us in immediately, which was nice. Rooms are on two floors, with no elevator. Our room was fine ... two beds, desk, etc. And four pillows per bed! For some reason we didn't have a fridge and microwave, although everyone else with us had one in their rooms.

Breakfast was in a VERY small room off the lobby. Hotel was busy, so there were lots of people in the breakfast area. Food was perfectly fine - fruit, juice, boiled eggs, toast, etc. Just enough to get you going for the day. We left by 9:00 am, returned by 11:00 am, and our room had already been made up. We needed a rollaway bed, very late one night, and they delivered one immediately. Service was excellent.

Location was very central to everything. Lots of stores and restaurants were nearby, and Port Dover was only about 15 minutes away.

Overall, it's a very good place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family

Thank you for your very nice review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. Since that time we have added fridges and microwaves to all of our rooms. Most of our rooms have been fitted with new carpeting as well. We have a few new items to the complimentary continental breakfast. Also to our 24 hour coffee station we have added gourmet coffee, tea, and hot chocolate. For guests looking for a bit of a snack, they will find locally produced peanuts, popcorn, and cookies, which are also complimentary.

We hope that you will return for a visit soon. Our property is in full bloom right now and there are many festivals in the area during the summer. Please e-mail us at simcoecomfortinn@hotmail.com for a discount on your next stay!