“Mixed experience”

Sheraton Parkway Toronto North
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Richmond Hill
Reviewed 18 April 2014

My wife and I were there for four nights. The hotel is located in a commercial area about $75 from the airport by cab. It's immediate surroundings at street level are pretty down at heel... looks like an area that's been neglected. My first experience, checking in, was positive... great staff, friendly and helpful. Next experience was one of two elevators out of order. When I opened the door to my room I smelled cigarette smoke. I immediately called the desk explaining I'd reserved a non-smoking room. Reply was that all the hotel rooms were non-smoking... well sorry but someone has been smoking in my room. Can I get a different room... no we're all booked up but I'll send housekeeping to clear the smoke. I went for dinner and when I returned it was clear someone had sprayed some kind of air freshener so now I had smoke and flowers.
Other than that the hotel is OK and the staff were to a person, just great.
Hotel is connected to a shopping mall,so all kinds of sketchy characters walking around- there is no key card required to get to the guest room floors. I also found it annoying that there were so many children apparently staying there. Not really a business hotel. On the positive side it's definitely worth paying for the club package... provides access to a really nice lounge with a good breakfast and evening horsd'ouvres.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank cmbtraveller
There are newer reviews for Sheraton Parkway Toronto North

Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Great suites, very friendly front desk. Amazing breakfast buffet. Fresh, gourmet and totally wonderful. Out daily server was Peter and he was AWESOME. He felt like a friend when we left. Looked forward to seeing him everyday. Make sure to ask for him! Pool is deep in the basement which is kind of weird. Long walk and doesn't seem like it is used very often but our child liked it anyway. Starbucks in the lobby is perfect for early morning meetings. Close to many restaurants.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank beach724
SheratonParkway221, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Parkway Toronto North, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear beach724,

We would like to thank you for staying at the Sheraton Parkway Hotel as well as taking valuable time to give us such an amazing review.
Peter has been with us for many years and he is always loved internally and externally at our hotel.
We are glad you have enjoyed your time here with us and we wish you would come back to visit us again soon. In the summer we will have our heated outdoor salt-water pool opened, we also have two large indoor pools for you to enjoy.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Lobby was nice. The rooms were okay. A bit dated. Nice tvs. The view was a roof. Nothing nice. The restaurant Crave was actually pretty good! I had a steak sandwich and they brought shot glasses of soup. Was really neat. The gym..... A couple elliptical machines, dumbbells and a bike. Not really a gym in my opinion. The parking lot was a nightmare!!!! Tiny spots, huge potholes, I pulled an Austin Powers trying to get out of my spot. Not enough parking spots. There's a Tim Hortons in walking distance. The conference rooms were really nice. Starbucks located in the lobby and a gift shop.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Hello trixyt,

Thank you for staying with us and taking valuable time to write us a review. It is reviews like these that help us better ourselves as an organization.
We are glad you enjoyed your meals at the Crave Restaurant. We are proud to be one of the few hotels with a 4-diamond award winning restaurant, owned and operated by our hotel.
I'm sorry to have disappointed you with our 24-hour fitness room, it is rather small. However, we have a 25,000 sq. ft. athletic centre that is opened and free to use for all our staying guests. It includes a studio, cardio machines, free weight room, 7 squash courts and much more. I hope you could visit us again and use the great facilities we have available for our valued guests. We also have over 1000 parking spots including 3-levels of underground parking, but we do apologize for some outdoor potholes given the harsh Winter we just had. We will have those patched up as soon as we can.

Thank you again for writing yet another great review for the trip advisor community!

Reviewed 24 March 2014

My number one requirement in a hotel room is a clean, comfortable bed. The king size bed was very comfortable, lots of comfortable pillows and blankets. The room was clean and the decor pleasant. The staff at the front desk were helpful and polite. We were offered help with luggage, a nice touch. We didn't take them up on the offer but definitely good service. Guests have complimentary access to the Parkway Health and Raquet club next door which is accessible down a hall from the front desk. The pool/whirlpool were very busy when we went to use them on Saturday night and so we headed to our room without using them.
The location was great for our two day stay. One day we drove where we were going and the other day we drove a short distance to the free weekend parking at the north end of the subway. We then purchased an all day pass to get around Toronto using the TTC.
The only complaint I would have is that internet access is not included in the room price. Most hotels I've stayed at give this as a complimentary service even in much lower priced hotels.
Very relaxing stay, would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: We stayed on the seventh floor and didn't hear a sound from any other guests the whole time we w...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear OntarioKwin,

Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Parkway Hotel. We are thrilled to get a great detailed review such as this. We are glad you were able to use our hotel and also enjoyed a day in Downtown Toronto. I have passed this review to our management office as a success story to be shared with our staff.
We hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

We stayed one night for an event being held at the Sheraton North. Overall, it was a great experience. Room was nice, staff was friendly and attentive. Conference facilities were amazing. I would stay again.
It was so easy to access coming from the north. Very convenient location.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Lynda R

Hello Lynda R,

Thank you for visiting us all the way from Collingwood. Our convenient location right off of the Hwy-404 helps travellers find us even during their busiest days.
I hope you will visit us again during the summer, when we have one of the best Canada's Wonderland packages available.

Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night. Rooms are dated but most service was good as with most Starwood properties. Hallways were loud and service in lounge was not very good. The server was just not very nice. Didn't seem to care. Seemed like it was a bad day or something.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Hello CanucksFan154945,

Thank you for taking your time to review our property. We are glad you were okay with our the service we provided during your stay. However we are terribly concerned about your club lounge experience. This review has been passed down to our management office for further investigation. I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize for the inconveniences you've encountered during your stay.

We hope we can invite you back to give our club lounge another try. We usually get good comments about the new renovations and service there.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Complaint 1: I checked in late (1:45am) after a long day of delayed flights. When I showed my ID (passport) the clerk went to make a photocopy of it. I asked why and she said, "we have to." I told her, "no, you don't" and demanded to see the photocopy destroyed, it was. If you value identity protection don't stay here.

Complaint 2: The hotel was very loud even at 2am. I had a room at the end of the hall and I could still hear people in the hallways.

Complaint 3: I don't think my room had seen a maintenance person since the Clinton administration.

Complaint 4: $7.99 for slow wi-fi.

Room Tip: Best tip for a good room here, go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Richard B,

I'd like to start off with a sincere apology for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay. It was not to our hotel standard and I've passed down this review for our management office to discuss and investigate.
We do offer Internet at $7.99 as we provide Canada's fastest network while our IT specialist make sure our network experience as little down time as possible. We hope you understand.

We hope we can invite you to visit us again and give us another try.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond Hill
Hilton Toronto / Markham Suites Conference Centre & Spa
Courtyard Toronto Markham
Courtyard Toronto Markham
#11 of 15 in Markham

Been to Sheraton Parkway Toronto North? Share your experiences!