“Old hotel showing age”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Richmond Hill
Milan, Italy
“Old hotel showing age”
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Old hotel, old rooms, ancient bathroom. And in my case very expensive as well. Hall ok but upstairs it shows huge signs of time passing. At least you get big rooms, but that is not enough. Difficult to turn lights on. and internet for a fee, which does not help. Bed was big and confortable. Air on extremely noisy, on the unbearable side of it. Stained sofas and walls. Badly in need of a renovation

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Stefano A
SheratonParkway221, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Parkway Toronto North, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Hello Stefano A,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that our property was not up to your standards. As a large property in the heart of the GTA, we thrive to stay on-top of our game, and that is why you will see constant updating of our guest-rooms, public areas and our conference spaces.
We comply to all of Sheraton and Starwood's high standards and we continue to serve travellers and our local community with the best we have to offer.
I hope we can invite you back again to give us another try.
Thank you again for your review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Richmond Hill, Canada
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

We went to Sharaton parkway North yesterday for brunch. I have had many many bad experiences in restaurants but never once one so bad that made me write a review.

From the beginning we go in the front desk doesn't know where we are suppose to go. They tell us to go to where there is a line up. I said I made reservations for 1:30 and it's 1:15 and they said yes I have to line up and find out where we have to be seated. we go than finally after 15 min someone asks our name and says we have to wait so they can find a free table!!

We waited another 10min, than someone comes and directs is toward one of the banquet hall rooms. The room is so owe capacity, loud, disorganized and ugly. It looks like a homeless shelter.

We get seated and wait to order our drinks, it's another 40 min before anyone comes to ale our drinks. We looked and put our hands up nothing !!! It wasn't the staffs fault as the person who organized this had no organization skills or got greedy.
They were so under staffed that the staff simply couldn't give service. I said to my husband, maybe the food is good.

Wow the food was one of the worst foods I have had in a long time. It was cold many things were empty and extremely messy. They charged $32.99 per person and they served frozen chicken nuggets!!'

Yes there was cold egg Benedict with dry Hollandaise sauce on it. The description on the web-sight did not matc what they severed. The desert table was a joke. I forgot to mention that not once did anyone come to pick up out old plates or ask us if we are fine or need another drink. Also when my sister asked for capaccino they said only coffee is included!!!!

I enjoy good food and if the food and service is good I don't mind paying. We were 6 adults and 1 child and our bill came to $300 and gratuity was included even though we had no service at all.
I have had much much better food in all inclusive resorts, and that's not a compliment.

We picked this place because my sister had her wedding here five years ago. The food was amazing and the chef was great. I think the chef has changed and it's a shame. It was the most unorganized even I have ever been to, ruined our
Mother's Day. I wish I had taken a picture of the room and the food. I'm so disappointed I will never ever again go back to any Sheraton parkway North. When I went to the front desk to complain they said they had many many complaints about the brunch. They gave me the name of the organizer and I left him a msg I haven't heard from him yet. I called head office and spoke to a lovely lady who was very upset when she heard, and she insured me that someone would get back to me.

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Liliaylar
SheratonParkway221, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Parkway Toronto North, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Liliaylar,

Thank you for your review. We are terribly sorry for the experience you've had at our restaurant, especially on a important special day such as Mother's Day. We've had many successful Mother's Day brunch year after year. This year our marketing effort had increased and we had more last minute reservations than we anticipated, and therefore experienced high volume during the brunch. We are now taking action by analysing our efforts this year to make notes of the obvious improvements and the not-so-obvious improvements we will need to make for a better Mother's Day next year.
We want to apologize to you and your company whom experienced this inconvenience with you. We hope we can have one chance to invite you back to our hotel and restaurant.

Travellers are raving about these Richmond Hill hotels

Old Bethpage, New York
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed two nights with husband and two kids. Got king bed suite. Location was good as it was in the middle of where we needed to be. We expected a nicer room for what we paid. Shower was tiny, decor dated, the bed wasn't comfortable, the carpet was dingy (not the best with a 2 and 4 year old). We didn't use any of the services but went in the pool which was freezing. We will try another hotel next time.

Stayed April 2014
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 18 April 2014

My wife and I were there for four nights. The hotel is located in a commercial area about $75 from the airport by cab. It's immediate surroundings at street level are pretty down at heel... looks like an area that's been neglected. My first experience, checking in, was positive... great staff, friendly and helpful. Next experience was one of two elevators out of order. When I opened the door to my room I smelled cigarette smoke. I immediately called the desk explaining I'd reserved a non-smoking room. Reply was that all the hotel rooms were non-smoking... well sorry but someone has been smoking in my room. Can I get a different room... no we're all booked up but I'll send housekeeping to clear the smoke. I went for dinner and when I returned it was clear someone had sprayed some kind of air freshener so now I had smoke and flowers.
Other than that the hotel is OK and the staff were to a person, just great.
Hotel is connected to a shopping mall,so all kinds of sketchy characters walking around- there is no key card required to get to the guest room floors. I also found it annoying that there were so many children apparently staying there. Not really a business hotel. On the positive side it's definitely worth paying for the club package... provides access to a really nice lounge with a good breakfast and evening horsd'ouvres.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank cmbtraveller
Canada
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Great suites, very friendly front desk. Amazing breakfast buffet. Fresh, gourmet and totally wonderful. Out daily server was Peter and he was AWESOME. He felt like a friend when we left. Looked forward to seeing him everyday. Make sure to ask for him! Pool is deep in the basement which is kind of weird. Long walk and doesn't seem like it is used very often but our child liked it anyway. Starbucks in the lobby is perfect for early morning meetings. Close to many restaurants.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank beach724
SheratonParkway221, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Parkway Toronto North, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear beach724,

We would like to thank you for staying at the Sheraton Parkway Hotel as well as taking valuable time to give us such an amazing review.
Peter has been with us for many years and he is always loved internally and externally at our hotel.
We are glad you have enjoyed your time here with us and we wish you would come back to visit us again soon. In the summer we will have our heated outdoor salt-water pool opened, we also have two large indoor pools for you to enjoy.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Lobby was nice. The rooms were okay. A bit dated. Nice tvs. The view was a roof. Nothing nice. The restaurant Crave was actually pretty good! I had a steak sandwich and they brought shot glasses of soup. Was really neat. The gym..... A couple elliptical machines, dumbbells and a bike. Not really a gym in my opinion. The parking lot was a nightmare!!!! Tiny spots, huge potholes, I pulled an Austin Powers trying to get out of my spot. Not enough parking spots. There's a Tim Hortons in walking distance. The conference rooms were really nice. Starbucks located in the lobby and a gift shop.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Hello trixyt,

Thank you for staying with us and taking valuable time to write us a review. It is reviews like these that help us better ourselves as an organization.
We are glad you enjoyed your meals at the Crave Restaurant. We are proud to be one of the few hotels with a 4-diamond award winning restaurant, owned and operated by our hotel.
I'm sorry to have disappointed you with our 24-hour fitness room, it is rather small. However, we have a 25,000 sq. ft. athletic centre that is opened and free to use for all our staying guests. It includes a studio, cardio machines, free weight room, 7 squash courts and much more. I hope you could visit us again and use the great facilities we have available for our valued guests. We also have over 1000 parking spots including 3-levels of underground parking, but we do apologize for some outdoor potholes given the harsh Winter we just had. We will have those patched up as soon as we can.

Thank you again for writing yet another great review for the trip advisor community!
Ontario
Reviewed 24 March 2014

My number one requirement in a hotel room is a clean, comfortable bed. The king size bed was very comfortable, lots of comfortable pillows and blankets. The room was clean and the decor pleasant. The staff at the front desk were helpful and polite. We were offered help with luggage, a nice touch. We didn't take them up on the offer but definitely good service. Guests have complimentary access to the Parkway Health and Raquet club next door which is accessible down a hall from the front desk. The pool/whirlpool were very busy when we went to use them on Saturday night and so we headed to our room without using them.
The location was great for our two day stay. One day we drove where we were going and the other day we drove a short distance to the free weekend parking at the north end of the subway. We then purchased an all day pass to get around Toronto using the TTC.
The only complaint I would have is that internet access is not included in the room price. Most hotels I've stayed at give this as a complimentary service even in much lower priced hotels.
Very relaxing stay, would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: We stayed on the seventh floor and didn't hear a sound from any other guests the whole time we w...