“Flavours In Force... mmm”
Review of Thai Basil

Thai Basil
Ranked #95 of 447 Restaurants in Richmond Hill
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Toronto
“Flavours In Force... mmm”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Yes it's flavours that unite, clash & mend in your mouth. Starting with the mango tea! talk about different (delicious).
This meal is a walk into flavour lane, from duck to eggplant- it's all very tasty!
I have added some pictures to help you "visually".
Judging by the number of customers on the week end, do make a reservation.

• Visited November 2013

Toronto
“A favourite of ours”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My husband and I go here a couple times a month for dinner. Good menu and drinks list - I like a sake with Thai food and my husband likes a beer from that area of Asia. The food is very good and the service is friendly and helpful. The Tam Yun soup is very tasty as are the curry dishes. We always order a pad thai so we can take some home for next day's lunch -- it's always such a large serving.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank JenMP
Port Dover, Canada
“Good Thai sauces”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Treated my best friend and her husband, who visited Toronto recently, to Thai Basil. They stayed with relatives at Richmond Hill and I brought them to Thai Basil due to reviews on TripAdvisor. The place was packed but they had a couple of tables available so lucky us for having gotten a table even without a reservation.

The female wait staff was very friendly and hospitable and took our orders right away. Our orders came within 10 minutes, even less, I think.

For starters, we ordered green mango salad, pomelo salad, soft-shell crab and tom yom gung with chicken. I actually enjoyed the fresh salads and the tasty soup. The soft shell crab was a bit of a disappointment. I had expected it to be hot and crispy but it was not. The sauce that came with it was very good, though.

For our main entrees, we had duck curry, thai basil shrimp and the steamed mullet covered with lots of vegetables. The first two dishes were really good. I wasn't too sure what to make of the mullet, though. I think the sauce didn't quite work with this type of fish ... something like white fish would have been more suitable. But that's just my taste.

Overall, Thai Basil is okay. I won't make the trip all the way from Mississauga though since I have my personal Thai restaurant favorite located here in Mississauga.

• Visited October 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia, United States
“Average Taste”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I went here with my wife for Dinner I chicken with peanut sauce and the spinach. It was very lightly seasoned. However, I was looking for more favor. The price was a decent value and the flatbread was pretty tasty.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Steve H
Canada
“Lettuce Wrap & Green Curry”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We visited Thai Basil via recommendation and I found my best green curry here. I don't take too much for spicy food but the curry here satisfied my appetite with flavours and body..the best! We ordered the lettuce wrap before our main course, its perfect complement of spicy meat, vegetable, cool lettuce leaf wrap made the dish unforgettable.

You should give it a try! The ambience is very nice.

• Visited July 2013