“Still good breakfast, but definitely changed owners”
Review of Richmond Grill

Richmond Grill
Ranked #57 of 472 Restaurants in Richmond Hill
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We just had breakfast here and realized they have changed owners. The breakfast is still better than surrounding places that offer breakfast; but the old management and staff made the breakfast slightly better.

3 of us had similar breakfasts with different styles: 3 eggs, 1 type of meat, toast and home fries. My one friend went with blueberry pancakes and home fries.

Food here is always less greasy and I like that they do not butter your toast for you (restaurants always put too much!).

Atmosphere is calm, friendly and definitely homestyle. Servers have changed since owners changed; in my opinion, servers are friendly, semi-professional but not as good as previous servers. I noticed that the waiter did not clear off any tables and I thought that was weird; until much later, another boy wearing casual street clothes started clearing off all the tables with dirty dishes on it. How odd that the waiter did not clear the tables and just left it there, so unsightly!!! That's another negative of this place; other than the change in management.

I recommend here for breakfast, as I have only ever eaten breakfast here and no other meal.

1  Thank Karmen L

Reviewed 17 June 2014

It was our 2nd year anniversary and I wanted to take my husband to a very nice restaurant. I have lived in Richmond Hill for many years, and have been to The Richmond Grill years before. The locals here know that this restaurant is a diamond in the rough. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but the interior is very nice. The owner is super friendly, and made sure to sit with us for a few minutes. He made us feel so comfortable that we stayed for nearly two hours, enjoying our meals. I have never spent that much time in a restaurant before as I always felt the push to get us out the door, so this was so welcoming.

I won't forget that meal anytime soon. Mostly because I was celebrating a special occasion with the man I love, but the restaurant and meal made it that much better!

1  Thank CityOfCyn
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

We'd been going here for nearly 20 years and always enjoyed the food and service. We hadn't been for nearly a year and wondered what we'd find. All was very good - was a really great meal with something on the menu for everyone. The steak was raved about and it certainly seems to be their
specialty. It was a Friday night and the place was busy with a nice neighbourhood feel. Leslie as always is a great host and you can't beat Jacob for service. We won't wait so long to return!

1  Thank Peytonsage
Reviewed 8 February 2014

We were looking forward to being back at Richmond Grill since we had good previous experiences here. Had the beet salad and it was sour with a boatload of balsamic vinegar. Same for my wife's organic field green salad. Followed up with a veal chop and it tasted like it was past its due date. Service was mediocre at best. No one came by to ask how the dinner was. My wife had requested a different side but that request was not fulfilled. The only thing good was the martini.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

We have been going here with our friends for many years. Why? Consistently good food, wonderful staff and great service.

1  Thank fcain