“Great service for delicious food”

Montana's BBQ & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Montana's BBQ & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 460 Restaurants in Richmond Hill
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Montana’s is all things BBQ to all people. Whether you’re in the mood for southern style in-house smoked ribs and pulled pork or looking for some Canadian BBQ flavour across our burgers, steaks and sandwiches; Montana’s has the perfect atmosphere to bring the family or meet up with friends. Fire up the good times at Montana’s BBQ & Bar!
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I joined my son for a dinner in this nice restaurant ,it start by this big smile manager with this very kind host that direct us to a table that i asked to be quite area ,it was 10 minutes from my coming and the restaurant has no place for any body and line up at the entrance .the timing to receive your order is perfect in spite of all those peoples ,food came fast after couple of nice drinks and you can get the advise from the host to tell you what is the most asked food ,food are fresh delicious,very good amount and the best of every thing is this smile on those peoples working there which never disappear in spite of all this crowds ,go and try mixed chicken and meat fajheta and also full ribs with BBQ sous ,one coars light very cold fresh ,you will never regret. go and try it is this one at MAJOR Mackenzie and high way 404 in canadian tire plaza ,go with your family and I am sure you will never forget this dinner or lunch ENJOY.sorry we have no time to take pictures as food is very delicious :-) .

Reviewed 9 July 2013

We went to Montana's last night as it was the closest restaurant we could find (didn't want pizza or fast food) when there was no power and flooding in our area of Sheppard and Yonge. Most of the city was the same. Normally we wouldn't travel so far for dinner or head downtown but that wasn't an option. However, we would make the trip to Montana's again after our experience. The food was great but the service was incredible. The restaurant was packed as it was on the border of an area with power and there were a lot of people who had the same idea as us. Our server Bev (not sure of her name, could have been Bes) told us they were never as busy on a Monday but the food and service were great. Given that they were really understaffed, they did a marvellous job of handling the crowd and not seeming to be overwhelmed. The ribs are delicious but I wasn't crazy about the steak. I can be rather picky though. We want to go Wednesday for All You Can Eat Ribs!

1  Thank shawnawhitmell
Leslie H, Guest Relations Manager at Montana's BBQ & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Dear shawnawhitmell,

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your experience with us during the Power Outage! We'll see you soon for AYCE Ribs!

Reviewed 16 May 2013

I try to always rate my experiences as honestly as possible and emphasize that I still do plan to return here because they are a convenient walk from my home. I enjoy their burgers and the atmosphere is nice. My problem is that the last two times I went, I literally had no one come to my table from the time I got food until I was ready to ask for the check. Never a "how is everything?" question or check if I wanted another drink and more frustrating was that I was the only one sitting in my section. I asked the girl after I got my bill if they were spread thin across multiple sections and it did sound that way but I told her of my frustration and very hesitantly left a far less than usual 10% tip. simply out of courtesy and because I do want to return her despite the service. It's a nice place if you have lots of time but I've seen some of the staff talking with each other when people at tables are trying to get attention and I know they can do better even with the staff they have. On a positive, when you do get their attention, most of the staff are very friendly and I've never tasted something here that I didn't like. So, I'm giving them more chances and this more of a heads up for people in a rush.

1  Thank RCollier
Leslie H, Guest Relations Manager at Montana's BBQ & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

Dear RCollier,

We really appreciate your comments and concerns and hope you do give us a chance to make it right! We are taking this concern very seriously, and in the future we will work harder to ensure every table gets checked on periodically throughout their meal. We want our guests to always have the best experience possible. Please email me directly at lesliehacker@rogers.com so we can make things right! Thank you again for taking the time to tell us about your recent experiences at our location, so we know exactly what we need to improve on.

Reviewed 13 May 2013

A great place to eat if you don't want all the fuss. Good food, good price and always good service. Real casual but that's what the target is so it works well.

Reviewed 16 February 2013

Montana's is a reasonably priced family restaurant. The decor is log cabin chic, with fairly hard surfaced wood furniture. The log cabin interior with high ceilings can often be rather cool as hot air rises and this building style is harder to keep warm. The ribs are a specialty and quite good. The burgers are quite good, as are chicken fingers. A safe choice for the family with good food variety.