Grey Gables Inn Bed and Breakfast
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Travellers Inn(Pembroke)
View Hotel
All reviewsb blibrary roomeggs benedictlumber baronold mansionkensington roomfresh fruitnew ownersbreakfast was excellentlovely roomwhole buildingfriendly ownershome away from homenext morningfrench toastottawa valleyfree wifi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Art and Shirley run a perfect gem in Pembroke. I have stayed frequently over the past three years, in nearly every one of their charming suites. Wonderful breakfasts, comfortable rooms, and welcoming and accommodating hospitality every time! First rate.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 October 2011

Very unque and beautiful spot--an old lumber baron's mansion now converted to a B&B. Quiet, comfortable, hospitable, good bed in our room, and a superb and beautifully presented breakfast. Shirley was very welcoming, Would return in an instant. Shirley suggested an excellent casual restaurant for dinner just down the street (East Side Marios).

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2011

Stayed here for the weekend of my wedding. We live in the Pembroke/Petawawa area and have never been in here until this past weekend. It is unbelievable. The architecture is stunning. Every room in this 4 plus story mansion is impeccably clean. Rooms are a good size, there is alot of suites.
Location is very central. Service was second to none. We were made a fresh sit down breakfast on the Saturday morning that consisted of yogurt parfait, eggs benedict, OJ & coffee. Sunday we were given the choice of a continental breakfast option in room or sit down in dining room. We chose in room and it was really great, especailly considering it was our first morning as husband and wife together.
Even though we live in the area that this B & B is located we will definitely be back!! We would recommend this location first to friends or family before recommending any of the other hotels in the area.
If you are in the Renfrew County area CHECK IT OUT! :) You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Melissa C
Reviewed 16 August 2011

We stayed at this lovely Manor house and found it was well worth the money. The local hotels cost about the same, but this is a better choice. Rooms are outstanding, clean and the breakfast is very classy and delicious. My only complaint would be the BEDS. Please, please Gray Gables, change your mattresses. My parents also stayed at this B&B on a different date and they had the same complaint. We stayed in different rooms. The beds are horribly uncomfortable.

It was also difficult to find anyone to ask any questions after we checked in. There is no info. on anything in Pembroke or area. We wanted recommendations of a restaurant besides Boston Pizza. There is not even a bell or something that you can call someone to ask a few questions.

Room Tip: The Kensington (fully equipped kitchen) and The Library are amazing rooms
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 April 2011

We had stayed at this B & B in Feb and again in March. The rooms were lovely and we booked late Feb/early March to again stay 1 night on Apr 29. We originally had booked the kensington but then changed to the Dover which was all confirmed. Then a short time before our trip I received an email telling me that the room was no longer available and that all other suites were taken. I emailed back and suggested that they 'bump' someone else who had booked later than us, as we had booked a long time in advance and there were several rooms open at the time we booked. I never received any response so I telephoned. When I said to Shirley that I had not had a reply from her, her response was that she had already told me there were no available rooms as everyone else was booked for more than 1 night. Obviously they didn't care what predicament that left us in, but were more concerned with taking a longer booking.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple