“Amazing place to stay.”

Grey Gables Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Pembroke B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 March 2014

My partner and I stayed at Grey Gables Manor B&B and it was the most beautiful bed and breakfast I have ever stayed at. The decor is beautiful, the owners are so friendly and accommodating they make you feel like family. We will definitely be going back. I. Give this place an A++

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 March 2014

An overdue review that I wanted to post, as I travelled here last summer, but it is one that deserves my full attention, because as a foreign service officer who has travelled dozens of cities in dozens of countries, this B&B was a unique experience, to say the least. Grey Gables is an old mansion that has been converted into a B&B. The hosts were kind and accommodating for an early check-in and late check out. I stayed in the library room and will definitely be back. It seemed more like a five-star boutique hotel than a B&B. Art & Shirley Nugent, the proprietors, strike the perfect balance between guest attention and privacy. Very charming couple with impeccable taste. Breakfast was delicious, although more plentiful than I am used to for breakfast. Great coffee. Here's the kicker, though: when I wanted to extend my stay but they were fully booked, I was able to rent their cottage in nearby Round Lake. If I thought that the furnishings and decor at Grey Gables were impeccable, their cozy & elegant cottage blew me away. To put things in perspective financially, 3 nights at this first class establishment cost me lest than 3 nights at a crummy Holiday Inn in Ottawa! I think they could easily raise their room rates, but I'm not complaining...Will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Try the Library Room!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I was immediately charmed by the building, its history and hosts. The carved walls and ceilings as you enter and throughout are impressive. My partner and I stayed in the Library over the weekend, and while I am not the biggest fan of sleigh beds, I slept wonderfully. Breakfast was well considered and delicious.

Room Tip: The Library is spacious and is the only room on the ground level.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Teresa S
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My boyfriend booked the Library Room at the Grey Gables Manor this past weekend for my birthday and the Rik Emmett concert. The place was absolutely stunning! The decor in the room and the common areas was incredible and the room itself was well beyond anything I could have imagined. We have stayed in a number of B&Bs and this was by far the best one we have stayed at, I really can't say enough about it. We didn't want to leave! We definitely plan on going back for a weekend getaway .... soon.... :)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cindy B
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I recently stayed here for 5 nights with my 18 and 20 year old children. We stayed in the Dover room which had more than enough room for us, 2 double beds and a single bed as well as a huge bathroom and separate kitchen. We hardly ever used the kitchen because we were visiting family most of the time but it was very well stocked.

Our rooms were immaculate and the breakfast in the morning was amazing. We never had the same thing twice. Orange juice in chilled wine glasses, fresh fruit and separate yogurt, coffee or tea, and the main dish which usually had some form of eggs. It was delicious and better than anything you would get in a restaurant, and we were full until suppertime. We met fabulous people every morning also!

The rooms are very spacious but you can also wander around the "manor". There is a games room in the basement, several outdoor patios, a sunroom, etc. I think my daughter summed it up best when she said she felt like she was living in "Pride & Prejudice".

Shirley & Art are wonderful hosts and I wouldn't hesitate to return. If you choose not to go for the breakfast option there is a Tim Hortons and other restaurants within walking distance.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank SOC_cardlady
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Grey Gables Inn was fabulous, and Pembroke was a wonderful surprise! A nice town, bigger than we thought, with lots of lovely residential areas. We couldn’t believe our eyes when we arrived at “Grey Gables” - AKA “Downton Abbey” for us!!! This B&B was a huge, fabulous, amazing old lumber baron’s mansion built in the 1800’s and beautifully kept / restored...furnished with all original English Tudor style furniture. Gorgeous woodwork and beautiful ornamental tin ceilings, perfectly decorated large bedrooms with comfortable beds, TV and desks - really one of the most AMAZING places we’ve ever stayed!
In the evening we ate at a very good Italian restaurant - Anthony’s - recommended by the B&B owners, Shirley and Art. They prepared a wonderful breakfast of eggs benedict, fresh fruit, sausage, bread, yogurt on exquisite old china....MMMmmmm...we hated to leave this gorgeous mansion!!!

Room Tip: ANY room here will be awesome. We had the least expensive room and it was huge, comfortable, wonder...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GCCMusic
Reviewed 26 June 2013

This is absolutely the best B and B that I've ever stayed in! My husband is still talking about it. The Inn is an old majestic home that once belonged to a wealthy lumber baron. When I booked they said we had the "library". Well not only did we have a massive old library just like out of a movie, we had a beautiful bedroom and ensuite too. I felt like I was in an episode of Downtown Abbey. In the evening we sat out on the front porch and had drinks. A short walk to the downtown for dinner. In the morning we sat in the dining room and were treated to an awesome breakfast. I might just go back to stay for no reason!

Room Tip: They have several "suites" which I would chose from. Take a walk around the neighbourhood...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MitchB62
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pembroke
Best Western Pembroke Inn & Conference Centre
Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre
Econo Lodge Pembroke
Econo Lodge Pembroke
#6 of 11 in Pembroke

Been to Grey Gables Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!