“Pembroke stay”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Pembroke
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Room a decent size.
Beds, pillows comfortable.
Frig and microwave in room.
Furniture, lamps, table, chairs dated. Newer carpet.
Bathroom clean, but also starting to show it's age.
Restaurants, mall, gas, convenience stores within 2-10 min. walk.
Free wireless.
T.V. small, not a flat screen.
Mini golf, sitting area at back of hotel. Plenty of parking.
Location on main street in Pembroke.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank JJ1959

Reviewed 27 July 2011

I have traveld to Pembroke multiple times and always had great service love the BBque in the back the miniput and patios

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank jean_gauthier24
Reviewed 23 July 2011

very clean room, grounds are well kept, personel is polite and always willing to help

Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank chhockey
Reviewed 6 July 2011

Clean, comfortable, fairly quiet. Dog barked 5 doors down and we could hear him, but were still able to fall asleep.

Miss the no breakfast. Other Comfort Inns have spoiled us with great breakfasts for the price.

Surprised that smokers smoked right under our window. It would be better if staff smoked at the picnic area in the south east corner. The noisy a/c units keep us awake all night, therefore we need to have an open window. We opened the window when we first arrived and went to do an errand before bed. When we returned to our room, it smelled like a smoking room.

And my husband said this used to be a smoking room because he noticed stains in the bathroom sink.

Staff was nice, but we were told there was a microwave in the room. When we went back to tell him there was no microwave, he said "Oh, some rooms don't have a microwave." Microwave information should have been accurate!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2011

The Inn is located with rooms that overlook a lake. The ground level patio rooms are great with parking right outside. There is a specific dog friendly area to allow pets their own green space and a very pretty and well cared for garden in the same area.
The general manager of this Comfort Inn, Marilyn, was incredibly accommodating and generous and even provided us with refreshments when we arrived after a very long day's travel. She went out of her way to make our experience there a very memorable one.
HIghly recommended .

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank sun11moon
Reviewed 24 May 2011

I was travelling through with my partner in early May, going to sudbury and decided to stop in Pembroke to rest. When i walked in to see if they had any availability they made my presence aware immediatly with a polite greeting and a great smile. The woman kindly told us about the property and how that had a "Sunshine Room" which include free coffee, tea and snacks 24 hours. The room was very clean and smelt great! The beds were amazing, I have a bad back and I had an amazing sleep in their beds! The staff really makes you feel at home, and they are the friendliess staff I have ever met! And trust me, I have travelled alot ! Their prices were good, I would pay anything to stay with them, they were amazing! The location is amazing, right on the Ottawa river, you have a great view of the river!!!! Beautiful step out patio doors for easy access getting in and out of your room. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is travelling near pembroke. Try it, you'll love it! :)

Room Tip: Ask for a riverview room, their beautiful!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PLal124
Reviewed 24 May 2011

I stayed with my Mom after her surgery because this hotel had a handicap room for her wheelchair. (No hospice available) From the moment we walked through the door, the service was unbelievable. From helping me at the car to opening our hotel room door, the experience was everything I did not expect. They called at least once a day to see if we needed anything. When I went to the desk to make a request, the service was immediate. Professional but very warm and caring. We stayed three days and the experience for both Mom and myself was simply amazing. I would highly recommend this hotel and the staff. Few offer service like this anymore.

Room Tip: Ask for the LCARE rate
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank happytotravel2011
Heretoserve, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2012

Thank you for your very kind words. We have all been in situations where loved ones need our help and it was an honour to be sensitive to your needs. We trust the recovery will be quick and we'll be able to serve you under happier circumstances.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pembroke
Holiday Inn Express Pembroke
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in Petawawa
Petawawa River Inn & Suites

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!