“Very helpful service, quiet and comfortable rooms”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Pembroke
Wisconsin
“Very helpful service, quiet and comfortable rooms”
Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

Had a great stay at this comfort inn. Front desk staff was very helpful and friendly. Clean and comfortable rooms and ours had a refrigerator which was nice. The only thing i noted was that the hotel needed some updating in areas. But that aside, i would.stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013
Heretoserve, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 13 July 2013
We are always excited when someone takes the time to share their experience with us. Thank you so much! I know that hotel rooms can get tired looking very quickly but we are having another complete renovation next year which will finally include a breakfast room of our very own. We appreciated the comment about the mini fridge as well. Many don't realize that we offer mini fridge, microwave and keurig coffee makers in all our rooms without additional surcharge.
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and I sincerely hope we'll have the opportunity to serve you again next year when our renovations are complete. Enjoy your summer now that the sun has finally come around :).

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Sliema Malta Sli
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Nice view of the river, outside the centre, very helpful staff. Free parking, I like that they call me in my room if everything was OK, minigolf and the garden is quite good for relax outside. Clean room!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dennis7Malta
Heretoserve, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 4 July 2013
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We sincerely appreciate the time you took! Yes, we are very proud of our hotel and our guests tell us it's evident in our team pride and service. We are the only hotel in Pembroke to overlook the Ottawa River so it is fun to relax in our backyard. Our mini putt is a hit :).

Thank you so much for being our guest. We appreciate your business and hopefully will have another opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Enjoy your summer!
Hudson, Canada
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I thought I was really going to enjoy this Hotel, Sure it's not the Plaza, but I rate Comfort inns based on Comfort inns. This is the first Comfort inn I have ever stayed at that doesn't offer a breakfast. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't cost that much to put a loaf of bread and bagels out. The staff was amazing, everything else was great- but there is no food on site; breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Kevin_Ilaqua
Heretoserve, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We do have an amazing team here and I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are getting a breakfast room at long last in our complete renovation scheduled for next year and we'll all be delighted and excited by it :). Choice Hotels has very high breakfast standards so although we'd love to do something temporarily in-house, we would not be able meet those standards without the renovation. This is why we offer the $5 breakfast coupon to Fresco's. We prefer to give our guests the option of a nice hot breakfast to start their day. I do sincerely hope however, you will come back when our reno is complete because the Choice Hotels breakfast is really quite an excellent breakfast.
Thank you again for being our guest and we do look forward to serving you again!
Montreal, Quebec
Reviewed 4 June 2013

We were received at the front desk by a most helpful staff member. We travel with 2 dogs so our room had to be on the bottom floor. He gave us a room facing the back parking lot, but also faced the green space. Green space, mini putt, swing chair, gazebo, beautiful view of the river, and a great area for the dogs. Owners remember to clean up after your dog to keep it pleasant for other's. The hotel has put up a post that hold poop bags and a garbage can. We were offered breakfast coupons for the next day. Went right next door for dinner and it was good. Rooms were clean, well equipped, silent air conditioning. Would definitely recommend to anyone traveling in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Heretoserve, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 5 June 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words. They are sincerely appreciated. Yes, we do welcome pets. We're all family orientated people and consider pets as part of the family :). We are working on a new area for our pets and we're really quite excited about it, but it seems to be slow in coming. Perhaps by your next visit it will be up and running. I also want to thank you for your comments about Andrew. We are very fortunate to have a great team and I'm so glad we made you feel welcomed and valued. Have a great summer!
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 26 May 2013

My elderly parents and I recently had to attend a funeral service in Pembroke, so we were not expecting to enjoy our stay. From the minute we entered the lobby, the atmosphere was friendly and welcoming. As another reviewer mentioned, the front desk staff is the friendliest we have ever encountered. I have travelled around the world, and this is the first time I have ever received a courtesy call to confirm that the room was satisfactory (thanks, Kim). The room was clean (thanks, Donna) and my father also noted that overall the hotel smelled fresh. Despite being right off of the main street, the room was quiet, thanks to someone else's advice to book a room with a view of the river. And yes, we did receive breakfast vouchers the following morning. If we ever find ourselves in Pembroke again, we will definitely be staying at the Comfort Inn. High fives to all of the staff.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of the water are quieter.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank cruisers6
Heretoserve, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 27 May 2013
Thank you so much for your review.
We are very sorry for your loss. It's a very difficult time and we are grateful for the opportunity to serve your needs.
We appreciate your very kind words about our hotel and about our team, in particular Kim and Donna. We are very fortunate to have such a caring team.
We hope we do get the opportunity to serve you again, but hopefully under much happier circumstances.
Again, please accept our sincerest condolences for your and your parents loss.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 17 May 2013

My mom was in Pembroke Hospital and I needed a place to stay (3-7 days). I usually stay at Starwoods properties but Choice Hotels is a good solid option 2 in their absence. When I tried to book online, the Comfort Inn was sold out, as were several other 'chain' properties. However i called directly and was able to reserve a room without any difficulty. The front desk staff are wonderful, understanding and very accommodating. After 4 nights, I have met many of them and do not have a single complaint. Maybe Starwoods trainees should be sent here! Actually, almost everyone here in Pembroke is extremely nice. Gotta love small town charm.

The prices for Pembroke are very high but there are several discounts which were helpful - CAA and Venngo/significant association. Apparently that needs to be booked online and I think that there are only a few rooms available at that price. Venngo claims that the discount can be used in store but it didn't work for me. Oh well. What the need to do is partner with the hospital as a 'recommended' accommodation and give a good rate. I talked t several people in the hospital and they could not recommend anywhere. Except Holiday Inn as it was NEW. And $50 more than Comfrf Inn.

My room was as expected to be for this hotel in Ontario (not the price though which has very little correlation to the quality in this limited market). It was clean, didnt smell, great beds with 4 pillows each) and had all the amenities (fridge, microwave, bbq terrace sort of thing if that is a bonus to you). And who cares if the coffee cups dont match? EXCEPT there are no sheers on the patio doors. The blackout curtains are marvellous for when you need a mid day nap (break from being stuck in a hospital all day) but horrible for waking up in the morning. I suppose that is the trade off of having a ground floor room with sliding doors but sheers would be such a welcomed improvement. I like to see daylight when I wake but I don't want others seeing my sleepwear! Or lack thereof.

The other perks to this property is location. 2 minutes by car to the big box stores (Walmart/Canadian Tire and the mall). Oh yea and Boston Pizza. It's also right beside several fast food joints and restaurants, including CT gas and cnvenience store. Ive bonded with the Domino's Pizza staff. They are open till midnight. Also Keurig Coffee. This property is also apparently pet friendly but the fenced pet pen needs some attention (broken rails). Not that it would have mattered to my 3 lb dog though as the fencing is much too large. Not too many people have ridiculously small dogs though and 'pet friendly' is always a a bonus. But he wasn't with me. :(

Last note... If you want a ground floor walk out, book one in the middle of the halls. If you are near the exits, you will have wake up calls starting at 5 AM through to roughly 7:30A as the regular guests generally work in the area or here for training. The doors to the exit slam really loud. Not their fault but a consideration if you aren't an early bird in a bat cave (which CAN be great for sleeping inn after most of them leave.) After 3 horribly interrupted sleeps I asked to be changed and I very happy.

I hope I never have to come back here but if I do, I will be at the Comfort Inn. For sure.

Room Tip: If you want ground floor, ask for something half way down the corridors.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank shawnawhitmell
Heretoserve, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
Thank you so much for your very kind words and recommendations. Quite a few of us have recently lost loved ones, others are in the process, and I think this makes us all highly sensitive to the special needs of those who are dealing with illness of a loved one. I'm glad you mentioned our location which is pretty much 2-5 minutes away from everything. This is a huge convenience for our guests and we are very grateful to be so close to everything a guest could need. We hope your Mom is doing well. Any kind of surgery is stressful, for the patient and the family. Hopefully we can serve you again under happier circumstances.
Princeton
Reviewed 15 May 2013

This review would be more reflective on the Expedia system of booking, just prior to check out, I heard another guest ask for breakfast voucher for a restaurant down the road. I asked the desk clerk about that and she informed that we didn't get breakfast as we had booked thru Expedia instead of directly thru Comfort Inn's website. So we compared the prices....SAME !!! Don't know how fair this is but as a long time subsciber to Expedia I'm going to have to reconsider using their service. The hotel itself was fine, and the desk people were both very nice on check in and check out

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dan N
Thank you very much for your review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Unfortunately in this very public forum I can not go into details on how third party reservation systems work but I do encourage you to reserve directly with us via our own toll free number 1-877-289-9008. The reason is because we can better serve your accommodation needs (since we know our hotel best) and provide the discounts you may qualify for that do include breakfast coupons. If you would like more information on good reasons to book directly with us, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Again, thank you so much for choosing us and we look forward to serving you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pembroke
Best Western Pembroke Inn & Conference Centre
#8 of 11 in Pembroke
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in Petawawa

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!