“very very nice stay”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Pembroke
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Terrific basic hotel. Clean, looks recently redecorated, well equipped. I have travelled a lot on business, and my basic requirements are good beds, great pillows, good strong shower, fresh air available. All of those were here, and just fine. Staff were very pleasant, friendly, and helpful. Lobby very nicely decorated for Christmas. Lots of thoughtful lobby additions, like paperback books to borrow, board games to use--shows that someone's really invested some thought and care, above and beyond the basics. We'd go back in a minute!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Jody H, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear KK from Redbridge,

Thank you so much for the review. As a team we are happy that you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to your return and would like to share that we are getting renovated in 2014 with a breakfast room on property.
The summer would be a perfect time to have a return visit as you would see the renovation and more games out back with a beautiful view of the Ottawa river.

Have a Merry Christmas and all the Best in 2014!

Reviewed 21 November 2013

My husband and I have stayed here 3 times. The first two times was wonderful. The staff friendly, helpful. They had no problem giving you more coffee or cream if you wanted it in your room. The last time - I will NEVER stay there again. I had the misfortune of going to ask for more coffee, just as a large group on a bus had finished checking in. The staff looked at me like "what do YOU want?" I meekly asked for some more coffee and was told that if I had not drank the decaf in my room I could trade it in for regular. WHAT??????????? Last time we stayed, no problem, here is two more no big deal.

Breakfast also switched to restaurant next door. Closer yes but bad food.

The one good thing I can say is the property out back is nice and it is pleasant to sit out there in the evening.

I was so sad about the rude staff. My husband will not return again. So now you have lost a loyal customer and a choice hotels member.

Room Tip: One in the back with a view toward the river is a nice view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lovesgirl01
Jody H, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear lovesgirl01,

My apologies for the disappointment you had with our location your last stay. I'm really glad the other two stays met your satisfaction. Our backyard that overlooks the Ottawa River is loved by many -thank you for sharing that as a room tip. Know that we appreciate all comments as they are used to monitor future improvements needed.

In 2014,we are excited to share that the rooms will be renovated as well as we will have a breakfast room on property. Til that time there is $5 off breakfast coupons at both FInnigans and Frescos for those that have a preference.

It is my hope that you both will come and visit us real soon-

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I am a platinum level member of choice hotels group, which only means that I am well aware of what to expect in a Comfort Inn; ie both the good and the bad.
BUT this particular location is the absolute worst!!!
I had stayed here before and wasn't happy, but thought it was an aberration as the property supposedly has won awards from the choice group, but second time was NOT the charm.
The people that work at the front desk are some of the rudest and most arrogant hotel employees it has ever been my misfortune to have to deal with.
The hotel does not provide breakfast, and when I asked, I was told...oh we have a coupon for the restaurant next door. If I didn't ask?? I declined, so I do not know if it was a discount or a free meal, either way I was not happy. All I wanted was a muffin and a coffee; especially considering this property is priced higher than most Comfort INN
I was driving a medium duty truck and was directed to park behind the restaurant next door, even though their lot only had a handful of cars. This leads me to believe the two businesses are jointly owned and the motel is driving business to the restaurant for breakfast.
No newspaper was provided.
Express checkout was not handled properly and when I asked to have it corrected the snooty manager at the front desk told me I was already checked out and nothing could be done to help me. I guess my displeasure was obvious and she said "have an amazing day"
Last but not least the wifi is so slow here it is unbelievable..think dial-up 1997
literally McDonalds free service is way way way better

Room Tip: stay at the Best Western or Holiday Inn or Travelodge if you are in Pembroke
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Jody H, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

On behalf of my entire team I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectation your last 2 stays. Your satisfaction is important to us and most importantly with your Platinum status as hotels, especially Choice Hotels are your home.

In 2014, our hotel will go through a major renovation with an addition of a breakfast room on property. It is my hope that you will re-consider staying with us again when you visit Pembroke so that we have a chance to make a first impression.

Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel has everything you could need - great location, affordable, friendly staff, clean, comfortable rooms, and a $5 voucher for breakfast each morning you are there. I stayed at this hotel with 10 people and we all agreed that we would return!

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Natalie R
CustomerServiceLove, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. I will definately share this with our team- Next year we are excited to share that we will be renovated and for the first time have a breakfast on property. We hope to see you back to share in our excitement!

Jody

Reviewed 26 September 2013

had a great stay! The hotel is nice, the rooms comfy and clean and we got a $ 5 voucher for breakfast in the roadhouse next door. The staff was super nice! Pembroke is nice as a town. You need a car to go places though.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank F V

Those 3 words definately explain the Comfort Inn Pembroke and what we strive for- Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. I noticed that you mentioned the $5 breakfast coupons for the breakfast next door. What i would love to share is that we will be renovated next year and will be able to offer you breakfast on property. Stay tuned and share in our excitement- Sure hope to see you back real soon!

Reviewed 23 September 2013

We were here for an overnight with a few riders and it was a very nice, clean, comfortable hotel! Yes the decor may be a bit dated but it was well kept and did not take away from our enjoyment! Isnt that what its all about?! The front desk handled check in professionally and always with a smile, eventhough there was a huge line up! I am picky about the beds at any hotel I stay in but this was quite comfortable and LOVE the pillows! Had a great night sleep! It was perfect waking up with a Keurig coffee machine at your disposal! Brilliant!! No messing with pots, etc! Wish we had more time to play a round of mini golf, if the weather had cooperated! Oh and yes....the little rubber ducky in the bathroom was priceless! Instantly put a smile on my face after a long day! Thanks Nicole for keeping the unit clean! Would definitely stay here again when in the area!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Green146

This review brought a smile to my face as I could almost hear you as i read the review. I was quick to share this with the front desk and Nicole. Thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn Pembroke and I really hope you visit us again real soon. The exciting news is that we will be renovated in the early parts of 2014. Stay tuned for pictures and updates as you will find rooms renovated and a breakfast room on property.

Thanks again for the smiles

Reviewed 9 September 2013

This is an older hotel. Period. Nothing is renovated or new. It is fine for a one-night stay and is in a good location in Pembroke. The morning/afternoon front desk staff was wonderful. They were very friendly and accomodating. The rooms and bathrooms were clean.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for writing this review-

Dear Guest,
I can't wait for you to see the something special that is going to be coming to the Comfort Inn Pembroke in the early months of 2014. All rooms will be renovated, we will be 100% smoke free and have a breakfast room on property.
Stay tuned all websites will be updated as soon as this happens.

Jody Higgins

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pembroke
Holiday Inn Express Pembroke
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in Petawawa
Petawawa River Inn & Suites

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!