“Comfy Comfort Inn”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Pembroke
Guelph, Canada
“Comfy Comfort Inn”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The hotel had gone through a renovation so our room was very comfortable. There was plenty of free parking.

Our room was at the back of the building so we had a nice view of the Ottawa River. There was also a BBQ, mini-putting, sitting area, and playground.

Our room had a comfortable king-size bed, hide-a- bed, desk, microwave, coffee-maker and fridge.

The bathroom had a modern vanity and good bathtub shower combination.

The room was clean and the decor was simple and tasteful.

The employees were friendly.

A CAA card will give you a discount.

The breakfast is included but it was not great.

Two shopping malls are close.

There are restaurants within walking distance.

There is free Wi-Fi.

We would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you want a view of the Ottawa River, ask for a room that faces the rear of the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Jody H, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Dear Pam Gurd Hughes,

Thank you for being a guest of ours at the Comfort Inn Pembroke. Reading your review brought a smile to my face-
We are so excited to have our guests share in our newly renovated hotel. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay!
Have an amazing summer!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
London, Canada
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We have recently stayed overnight in this hotel, four people two, double beds. There is extra charge $10 for for each person, that's ok. but we were not told beforehand about it. We would expect all charges to be stated clearly before making our decision, not only shoved piece of paper to sign. (Yes, I know should've read before signing). This put us in very uncomfortable position, as friends of ours paid for this accommodation.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Jody H, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you Adam R for writing in and sharing your concern.

When a reservation is made we ask how many people will be in the room to determine the room type and the rate. Always feel free to ask any questions before signing your registration card. I'm sorry that there was confusion at check in and i really do hope that you enjoyed your time in Pembroke with your friends and that you had breakfast in our first ever breakfast room.

Paris, Canada
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

This is a comfortable, easy to recommend hotel right on the main drag. Efficient and friendly staff. My room was spotless and everything looked to be brand new. Keurig coffee maker in the room was nice to have. Hot breakfast was served in the morning. The only issue was the slow Wi-fi on the second floor. Would have been 5 stars if not for this.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Jody H, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear Wingman_ Dan,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at the Comfort Inn Pembroke. This past May we underwent a total renovation with refreshed rooms, hallways and a first ever breakfast room. It's been a nice addition to our hotel.
I will definately share this with my staff as they take pride in every room they clean and guest they meet. I have also taken the steps to contact my head office who will work closely with myself and our third party internet provider.

I hope you have an enjoyable summer and we look foward to your next stay!
Texas
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Be aware that this hotel is under some significant construction at the time of this review. The room we enjoyed was clean and well-positioned so that we were able to drive up to the rear sliding door with our car to load and unload. This was appreciated! The desk staff were both courteous and helpful. The internet wireless service they provide is handled by an outside provider and it is essentially worthless, even for the briefest of emails. As our Canadian data plan was limited, this is the reason I give it four instead of five stars as we needed useful wifi and this just could not be used at all during our stay. Their breakfast room is also under construction so they are providing five-dollar coupons to a nearby restaurant for breakfast. We found this to be an exceptional value for a wonderful breakfast! They may want to consider maintaining that option even after their breakfast room work is completed. Speaking as a gardener, I was very impressed with their landscaping work at the front entrance and sign. As this review says in the title, I am looking forward to the final result after their construction and renovations are complete.

Room Tip: Wifi does not work anywhere in this hotel, including the lobby. Bring your mifi or cell phone to sta...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Jody H, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Texas Travel59

Thank you for sharing about the Comfort Inn Pembroke. We can't wait for you to see the final product either! The front lobby is very modern and our breakfast is super yummy i would love to be able to make you a waffle on your next visit.
The internet wasn't as strong during renovations as there was a lot of activity going on in the building. We are actively correcting that with our service provider. If you ever need to use the internet to search please inquire with my staff at the front desk we would be more than happy to assist.
I could use some tips on gardening (smile) please make sure that you stop by the desk and introduce yourself on your next visit!

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 22 June 2014

A very pleasant hotel, well-equipped with comfortable rooms. The inn is partway through renovations, but these did not affect our stay in any way. The reception area seems to be preparing a breakfast section: this was not yet ready, but instead, the hotel offers $5:00 vouchers for a meal at a nearby restaurant. The central part of Pembroke is a short drive away, but the inn is close to a large shopping mall.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Jody H, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Crawfj,

Thank you for writing in and sharing your experience at the Comfort Inn Pembroke. I am excited to write that today was our first day for breakfast and the comments have been awesome.
I would love to be able to make a waffle for you on your next visit to the Ottawa Valley.
Have an amazing summer and we hope to see you again real soon!

Yours in Hospitality,
Richmond, Canada
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

I recently did the cross country drive I do twice a year, from Vancouver to SW Nova Scotia. Pembroke was a one night stop, and after staying at another local hotel last September, and having a less than stellar experience there, I stayed at Comfort Inns on six of the seven nights on this trip. A trip with dogs by the way.
In my professional life, working with a professional sports team, I spend an average of 85 - 90 nights a year on the road and stay in some of the best hotels available, but I have to say that the staff at the Pembroke Comfort Inn could give lessons in customer service to most other better known hotels.
I arrived in the late afternoon to a hotel that was in the midst of a major renovation, in fact the hotel office was a guest room.
The young man working the desks, and the manager Jody welcomed me like a long lost friend. They made sure that I knew where to take the pups for a good run, and also they showed me the area behind the hotel the staff have put together, complete with a mini putt course.
Yes there was some dust, breakfast was a voucher to a restaurant next door, but the people is what made this stay special.
Comfort Inn should consider having the staff from Pembroke give seminars to staff from other locations on how to make a guest feel special. I was so impressed with these folks, I highly recommend staying with them.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Jody H, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Thank you Chef Steven 56 for writing in and sharing your experience. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and you need to know that you, your family and pups always have a place to stay at the Comfort Inn Pembroke.
So many things have happened since you checked out we are now out of the room and into a beautiful lobby with breakfast coming soon.
Have an amazing summer and we hope to see you on your return!

Yours in Hospitality
Aurora, Canada
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Although this hotel advertises itself as "Pet Friendly" it really isn't. We reserved a pet friendly room at this hotel for two nights. There was an additional charge for our dog which we were aware of and found the additional charge to be reasonable. No problem at this point.

After a day long drive we arrived at the Comfort Inn in Pembroke only to be told when we registered that although our dog was allowed to stay in the room with us, we COULD NOT LEAVE THE DOG ALONE in the room! This was not mentioned at the time of our reservation and is not indicated anywhere on their website. When we mentioned this to the proprietor we were informed that this is a standard policy for 'pet friendly' hotels. This is the first time we've encountered this and we've been travelling with dogs for the last 17 years.

What is the point of this Comfort Inn calling itself pet friendly when you can't even go out for a meal or shopping without bringing your pet with you. During warm weather this is impossible since it can be deadly to leave a pet in a car on a warm day even for 5 minutes!

The proprietor contacted other 'pet friendly' hotels in Pembroke and we were able to find alternate accommodations that allowed us to leave our dog alone. Strange thing is that one of the hotels is part of the same chain that includes Comfort Inns. So much for being a standard policy when 2 out of 3 pet friendly hotels allow pets to be left alone.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Jody H, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear LJM Aurora,

Thank you for writing in and sharing your concerns. Since our conversation we have taken the steps to make sure that it is on our Choice site so that pet owners travelling are aware that their animal is not to be left unattended. I know myself as a dog owner that my pet is well behaved in my presence but they are nervous in a surrounding not familiar to them especially that of a hotel setting. This is the main reason we have asked that they are always with their owner.
When we made this decision it wasn't to punish the pet owner but allow the family to visit our hotel and be able to stay all in the room.
You are right each hotel does have a different policy but with being newly refreshed we are excited to share the new rooms with our guests.
To all those travelling with pets we definately welcome you to the Comfort Inn Pembroke. Have an amazing summer!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pembroke
Holiday Inn Express Pembroke