“Finally a great place to stay in Pembroke”

Holiday Inn Express Pembroke
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Pembroke
Canada
“Finally a great place to stay in Pembroke”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I have family in the area. For many, many years I have held my nose and paid for overpriced and sub standard hotel rooms in Pembroke. I was pleasantly surprised when I booked my recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express. I booked my room directly with the hotel over the phone. Hotel staff did their best to get me the lowest rate I qualified for. I had not asked for early check in, but I arrived early, and my room was available. The room itself was very nice; large and well appointed with a comfy bed with good quality linens. The room also had a mini fridge (which would come in handy if you wanted some in room snacks or beverages), free wifi, and a complimentary morning paper. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. I did not partake of the free breakfast, so I cannot comment on that. There is a full service restaurant at the truck stop which is right across the road from the hotel as well. There were a few glitches; the in room telephone was not working and the television had a mind of it's own, but because of the free wifi, these were non issues for me. I recommend this hotel without hesitation. I will be back.

Room Tip: A king bed room on the fourth floor is quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Jessica S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pembroke, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear ReginaCanada,

It is always a privilege to hear from our guests and their experience while staying with us. I thank you for taking the time to leave your comments as we truly value hearing from you.
Thank you for your kind words and I am thrilled to hear that your room was comfortable and the Team provided you with the service that we strive for every day.
I am sorry to hear that the television and telephone were problematic and will research what happened to ensure that these issues are corrected to ensure this does not happen again!
We hope to see you again next time you find yourself in our area!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We were on a motorcycle trip. They actually offer a decent discount rate for bike tourists which was a surprise.

New hotel. Everything was very nice. Staff were very pleasant. Breakfast was good. Everything was clean.

Would definitely stay on our next trip through.

Highly recommend.

Stayed September 2013
Jessica S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pembroke, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Dear Bob-Vicky,

Thank you for these kind remarks about your stay with us. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay during your motorcycle trip and we look forward to seeing you again.
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

Just returned from another great stay. Jennifer on the desk was very friendly and knowledgeable about her job. I had two rooms reserved and she was able to make a rom change to accommodate my needs as well she was very happy as they needed the type of room I reserved. Breakfast Sunday morning was very busy but the two staff were fast and efficient and keeping things restocked. The pancake machine was not working properly but my family really enjoyed the pan dots that the machine kept on spitting out so most of them did not go to waste. Pool and deck were very clean as well as our room. The glass shower in our king room gave the bathroom a nice upscale feel.

Once again thank you for a great stay. I will be back again.

Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Pointsguy
Jessica S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pembroke, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Dear PointsGuy,

I want to take a moment to thank you for your kind words. Our Team values all feedback and they will especially enjoy hearing that you enjoyed your stay with us!
I will ensure Jennifer is aware of your kind words.
Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay!
Iroquois Falls, Canada
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I have started making the Holiday Inn Express my first choice when travelling for business. The service and room are always great. The hotel in Pembroke was almost new so the bathroom had been given an upgrade. It had a walking shower which gives you more room and easier access, I like this design and I usually only see it it more expensive Hotels. Other than that It was all good as usual... I would easily recommend and return to this Hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear Leonbass,

Thank you for your review of your stay with us. I' am truly glad you enjoyed your stay and know our Team works to provide a great hotel that guests love!
We look forward to seeing you again
Canada
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Our family of six stayed here while driving through Ontario.

The hotel was very clean (new), the staff was friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable and reasonably priced.

We were planning on pushing through to Ottawa but were tired...Next time I think we will just choose to stay here instead of in Ottawa - less expensive and the staff was much more accommodating to our family of six than anywhere we have stayed in Ottawa.

The one downside was there were not many options for dining after our late arrival - The Irving Big Stop across the street was basically it...but was satisfactory for a cheap late night meal.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Jessica S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pembroke, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Hello NSJoanna,

It is always a privilege to hear from our guests and I thank you for your comments. I am so glad you took the time to stop in and try out our new property on your way to Ottawa.
We hope to see you again next time you are passing by. Thank you again!
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Ah!, after a long day in Chapeau enjoying the sun it was excellent to return to a brand new Holiday Inn Express. The only issue was a elevator that went down so I could not return my luggage cart. Breakfast was top notch as usual, nice to see the tea biscuit on the buffet. My daughter said the pool was very nice and the furniture on the pool deck was a nice change to the standard metal chairs.

I will make sure I book again next time travels take me to the Pembroke area.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Hello Pointsguy and Thank you for your feedback.
I do wish to send our apologies for the issue with the elevator during your stay. We were able to get that up and running within a couple of hours but I am sorry this happened.
I am so glad you enjoyed our new facilities and our Breakfast and even more glad to hear that you will be back again! We will look forward to your return!
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Pembroke has needed a new hotel for some time as the Best Western and Travel Lodge are tired. If you are looking for a B and B Grey Gables is fantastic and should not be missed.

The staff at the Holdiay Inn are keen and friendly and rooms are very nicely done. Obviously everything is spotless, as it is brand new. Breakfast was a small but very good buffet. The only disappointment was the "Fitness Centre" which is just 3 or 4 cardio machines. For a brand new hotel not to have a multi station gym or even a set of free weights is very surprising. I hope more equipment will follow.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Snikt21
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pembroke
Best Western Pembroke Inn & Conference Centre
#9 of 11 in Pembroke
Time Travellers Motel
Time Travellers Motel
#5 of 11 in Pembroke

Been to Holiday Inn Express Pembroke? Share your experiences!