Bayside Inn
US$99
  • Beachfront
Travellers Hotel(Parry Sound)
TripAdvisor
Mid Town Hotel(Parry Sound)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe ownerbed was very comfortableboutique hotellight sleeperbring earplugstrain trackswalking distancefrench toast or eggslovely old buildingfresh fruitcontinental breakfastking rooman extra chargeprivate bathroomnice breakfastenjoyed our staypreserves
Reviewed 11 February 2013

We stayed one night at the Bayside Inn. Innkeeper, Jeff, could not have been nicer or more accomodating. We had room 301 and our son had room 301A. The place was spotlessly clean, had nice thick, fluffy towels, shower and bathtub and free wifi. In the morning, breakfast (an extra charge but not expensive) was delicious - spinach omelette, French toast, fresh fruit salad, cereal, oatmeal (instant), coffee, tea, juice. The only drawback to this inn, as many other people have pointed out, is that it is very close to the railway bridge. I wore earplugs and still heard 2 trains going past during the night. Obviously this is not the fault of the inn but it is something to be aware of. The following morning we told Jeff that we would like to keep the room til about 1 p.m. He refused to charge us any extra and was very gracious. This inn is right downtown and is within a very short walking distance to stores, restaurants and the waterfront. All in all, a great stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 February 2013

We had a very nice pleasant room in this Inn. The furnishings were very good, not just in the room, but in the corridors and landings. The bed was very comfortable. Its just unfortunate that there is a railway bridge almost on top of the hotel, with very slow trains going over it during the night! Hwever we slept well, and had a reasonable breakfast in the morning, before going off to explore this lovely area.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 December 2012

I stayed at the Bayside Inn for two nights in August, having come up to Parry Sound for some local hiking and just to explore the area a bit. I had a VERY comfortable room, with an upper sitting/TV area and then three steps down to the bedroom. The caretaker also provided breakfast every morning, and he's a good cook. The building is a little old; the wooden floors do creak, and the water pressure was a bit low I felt. But the inn is nicely located just a couple blocks' walk to the waterfront, although unfortunately it's also right by the CN line so you need to get used to the sound of trains passing through. Free wi-fi which actually worked. While I don't plan on returning to Parry Sound, if I did I would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 November 2012

Spent one night at the Inn on business. Very comfortable room, nicely furnished with WiFi. Had a very nice breakfast cooked by the Innkeeper Jeff. Would stay again when in the area. Very reasonably priced for two persons.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 October 2012

I had a pleasant, bright, quiet room. The inn was a a good place for my overnight stop and I will come back when I need to stay in the area. Bed was comfortable with nice bedding.
Innkeeper was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business