“A Pleasant Surprise”

Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Parry Sound
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
“A Pleasant Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2013

We stayed here while we were visiting some friends in town. This place was clean and the grounds were well kept. The location is central to everything and the gentleman at the front desk was very friendly and helpful.

It was a pleasant surprise to be treated to coffee and muffins in the morning.

I would strongly recommend this place to anyone looking for a clean freindly placeat a reasonable price.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2012

Originally from Ontario, I now live in beautiful British Columbia. I return home once a year to visit family and always make a point of visiting Parry Sound. I love the small town charm and its idyllic setting on the shores of Georgian Bay.

Last year I drove across the United States and was so excited to arrive at the border crossing at Sault Ste. Marie. I glanced at my watch and knew I wouldn't arrive in Parry Sound until the wee hours of the morning. I called the Town and Country, explained my situation and found they were very accommodating. I checked into my room with no problems - something I really appreciated after driving for well over twelve hours.

This year I spent two nights at the Town and Country. The motel was very inviting as always and hasn't lost it's charm. The rooms are clean, simple and the wireless internet access is a nice touch. The staff are very friendly and the continental breakfast hit the spot.

If you're looking for accommodations within walking distance of the downtown core, while at the same time being close to the highway, this is a good place to stay. This is especially nice when the snow squalls start - the motel is a safe place to stay until the roads clear up.

I'll finish by saying it's a nice, clean and economical place to stay. I always recommend it to my family and friends whenever they are traveling through Parry Sound.

Room Tip: I was in room number 17 (the one on the end) and the wireless internet signal was good - even though...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Sudbury,ON
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2012

We stayed here twice - both times without booking. When the drive north is just too long or the weather just too awful, we love the Town and Country.
Honestly, we've never found a cleaner place - and after all the bad news about hotel chain dirt that's a real plus. The rooms are standard motel style, with fridge and basic TV, full bath and queen + double beds. The continental breakfast is included, as is the friendly reception. And the price can't be beat.
We'll be back!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank CanBrit1
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2012

We spent the first night of our road trip across Canada here and were not disappointed. Parry Sound is a small town but with plenty to see and do. The friendly owner gave us a map of the downtown area and harbour location, and recommended a couple of places to eat. Although the motel is out of the downtown area we loved the location.
Our room was just perfect for our needs, love being able to park just outside your room. Cleanliness of the room was great. Basic breakfast was also included in the price, coffee, juice and delicous muffins.
I would recommend this motel and would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Peterborough, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

As small family motels like this become a thing of the past, the Town & Country continues to offer the quaint charm one looks for. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the staff friendly and helpful. What more could you want? Glass glasses? Got it. Deluxe toilet paper? Got it. Affordability? that too. $100 for the night, I'll take it.

• Stayed August 2012
Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

It's a mom and pop on the wrong side of town, Not downtown, and not near the Walmart but at the other end (north) near the DQ and the little mall.

the checkin went fine, the clerk...took the time to play with a map of the city , circling things in red and gave me a tip about where to view the sunset.
Best spot here. etc...
well in reality the best spot is opposite the OPP at the Bobby Orr complex...it's even got tables and chairs...available at that late time...assuming their not hosting some sort of event. IF so...hoofit a bit onto the fitness trail.

The room is spartan ish, decent non secure wifi.
the rear windows open for night air the one by the door doesnt.

Shower bath seemed clean enough.
YOU WILL HEAR CHOO CHOO trains if you open your windows...

No bears wondering about... they are at the other end of town near the tim hortons, but you'll have to read my Timmy's review to get that story.

Room Tip: Number `1 is right next to the wifi antenna !
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank willdriveforfood
Traverse City, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2011

Neat, clean, quiet and close to everything. I found the price to be very good at $68 per night and my dog was allowed. It's hard to find these little motels anymore and I enjoy staying in a motel that has a little character. Muffins were great and it was a good experience. Nothing fancy but a good stop. I would recommend it.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo