“Clean and friendly” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Parry Sound
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Clean and friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

My family and I stayed here for one night when weather and mosquitoes lead us to change our mind about camping at Killbear Provincial park. My family of four stayed in a room with two beds while our parents stayed in a room with a single bed. The rooms are not as large as what we are accustomed to so we felt a bit crowded. Our parents had no complaints about the size of their room. The rooms were clean and well maintained. The location is convenient and the staff is very friendly. Complementary juice, coffee, and muffins are provided each morning. A gazebo is available outside and lawn chairs are outside each room.

Would we stay there again? No, I would rather stay someplace with a larger room. However, I still feel it offers a lot of quality relative to the price and I am sure many people would be perfectly happy with their stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank pinnacle-project

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
La Riviere, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

On our way back to Manitoba after spending Thanksgiving with family in Kitchener, my husband and I were looking for a place to spend the night. We checked out a couple of chain hotels in the area and we're not impressed. I said to my husband, that sometimes you get a better value at the family run motels. All we needed was a clean, comfortable room and we found that at the Town and Country, a charming motel, neatly landscaped and surrounded by pine trees. The room was small but clean, and charming with the older furnishings and what looked to me to be a homemade comforter on the bed. It was a refreshing change from the chain hotels. Will definitely stay here again the next time we are in Parry Sound! : )

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DeborahQS
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

Town & Country Motel is a gem of a find, simple, clean, and really great hosts. One of the few family run inns left! The owner is happy to share their love of the area and take care of any needs. There is a great gazebo area for enjoying. Would definitely stay here again. I travel for work and stay in very fancy places- the 5 star rating is for hospitality and pride in ownership.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Amy D
Sudbury, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

Reading these reviews I feel that I was at the wrong Motel. I wish I had a room like Mary Ann R.
A strong musty smell hits you as soon as you walk into the room. The bed and mattress and pillows are very old: the decor is from the 60's. and the TV is very small and dated. The washroom sink is separate from the toilet and tub. When washing your hands you have to move to get out of the way to allow someone to use the washroom. (I am not a big person) As for the price if was not cheap and for a motel it was not the best deal compared to a hotel down the road. I won't be staying here again.
If none of that bother's you; the grounds were clean; the owner was friendly and it was in a safe neighborhood.

Room Tip: I would ask to see the room first before confirming your stay.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank S M
ghues, Owner at Town & Country Motel, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
We do apologize that your stay was not up to your expectations. Cleanliness & value is our aim, as a small family run motel! All our pillows are from Home Sense only, & linens are always updated with percale. The last three rooms are being changed over to laminate this year, thus eliminating all carpeting! It is true that we have no drywall, and only have solid pine furnishings with no particle board at all! Making your stay very pleasant is what we strive for! It is true we are not the lowest rate in town, but hope to be in the middle range, and push cleanliness at all times!
Farmington Hills, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

Clean rooms at a fair rate. The rooms are a little small and the knotty pine on the walls took me back to family vacations in the 1960's. This motel is being ran by the second generation of the same family. No breakfast here but they do have coffee and large fresh baked muffins in the morning. Motorcyclists welcome. Gave me rags to clean my motorcycle with and offered to allow me to wash my motorcycle.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Wayne S
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

2 minute drive outside of downtown Parry Sound
superb value, spotless rooms, simple breakfast of muffins, coffee and juice included
stayed overnight in room 11
L shaped room with 2 large beds so I could sleep and he could stay up and watch TV
recliner was a nice touch and comfy after a long drive
chairs outside the room, gazebo and swing, nice landscaping

Room Tip: Room 11 right in the middle L shaped room with 2 large beds so I could sleep and he could stay up a...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Mary Ann R
Hobart, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

This was so good I stayed an extra day. The rooms were excellent and the owner was always helpful. The tariff is great value for the rooms provided. While a bit out of the town centre this is no disadvantage as it is still close to all facilities. A ten minute walk puts you in the heart of Parry Sound.

Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Canadas Best Value Inn & Suites
#12 of 19 in Parry Sound
Quality Inn and Conference Centre
JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka Resort & Spa

Been to Town & Country Motel? Share your experiences!