“Basic room”

and 1 more site!
Mid Town Hotel
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Parry Sound
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

The room was clean... The bed was a little hard, and the room could use updating. Did have a flat screen tv. Shower was very good. Your basic room. No frills but fair. Family run. The staff was friendly, and extremely helpful. Continental breakfast was pretty basic.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank LukeInCanada
There are newer reviews for Mid Town Hotel

Reviewed 7 October 2013

We booked a stay at this hotel because it was dog friendly, it was cheap and we only needed one nights stay. When we drove up it looked very sketchy and we debated not even going in, but we figured it was just for one night. How bad could it be?? I was very surprised at how clean it appeared to be! The gentleman at the front desk was VERY friendly and he even lent me a blow dryer! The breakfast was nothing to write home about but it you just need a piece of toast and a coffee to get you going then this is a nice place to stay. We didn't hear any noise from the other units at all. It is located right in the downtown area within walking distance of shopping and restaurants. If you just want a cheap place to stay and don't need much then this is a good place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mermaid2222
Reviewed 17 September 2013

If there were a minus rating I would rate them. I called them to check rate and they said it was $85 dollars when I checked in they charged us $135. The hotel smelled of cooking from their apartment, the children were running up and down the hallway, the bar attached kept all us up all night and breakfast consisted of fruit loops, corn flakes, and apples. The chairs in our room were old and dirty. We have never stayed in such a horrible place for the price we paid.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank LML833
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I had called and had a reservation to stay there for a few nights, thought all was good. Upon arrival from a very long and far drive when I showed up I was told he didn't have a room for me. When asked what am I to do and how are can we do something about this he said it's not his problem it's mine. Well trying to figure stuff out he kept changing his story. All would not recommend if u are coming from out of town and would like to ensure u have a room upon arrival

Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank jrm1983
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Just spent the weekend for a hockey tournament. Cheap price, clean enough for my liking. Bring extra's for your room. No coffee or breakfast, despite the ad. As others stated, good cheap basecamp. I don't believe a previous post that they caught lice! I call bull on that one!!

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Boi20
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Do not get room 204, as it was infestated with lice. I beleive it was only our room, though one can only hope. Luckily, my husband had caught a a live one, or else they wouldn't have compensated for our troubles. I had a long and sleepless night, as the lice kept on coming back for more. We used the compensation to buy some temporary new clothes at a nearby walmart, plus 1 for location

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Peiwei W
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Okay, the low price had me scared because I stayed there before. But they've made improvements. I enjoyed the bed and the shower was strong and hot. The walls were painted and the carpet seemed new. The problems I had were your common problems. The soap and shampoo offerings were lacking. The window was cracked. There was a club attached to the building that was playing thumpy music, but it never distracted me. I was pleasantly surprised and they've improved.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family