“A welcome sight on the Highway”

Super 8 Parry Sound
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Parry Sound
Petersburg, Ontario,
“A welcome sight on the Highway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

Very clean room with a restaurant attached. From the highway you can not tell if this will be worth the Exit and the roundabout through rocky maze. When we got there, we found that it was worth the time and would definitely stop here again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tkurevija

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

We stayed there for one night during the Canada day long weekend. The room quality and cleanliness was good but the first morning, there was absolutely no water to wash up! and when we talked to the staff, to our astonishment, they said that was normal when there are many guests at the hotel, which meant that they are used to accepting guests without estimating the capacity of their hotel! So, we had to leave the place and we got reimbursed for that one night.
Also, if you're staying there, be careful when you go out of the building at night as we saw a black bear hanging around the hotel parking :)

1 Thank B D

Travellers are raving about these Parry Sound hotels

Waterloo, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2012

No extra blanket at chilly night. Room was cold. No Water in the morning we couldn't wash our face or take a shower. The receptionist was rude and not helpful at all when we asked for help with water cut off. The water issue is not once in a while thing, they face this problem every time that
hotel is full (during the weekend). I don't recommend it at all.

1 Thank Yasaman A
Kitchener, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2012

To be honest, the hotel and services were ok, but my friends and I had a very bad experience. In the morning, we had no tap water in our bathrooms!!! Not only our rooms, the same story for all rooms in our building (the second building with 200 room numbers). It got worse, once we heard their justifications:

1) " It is long weekend, and many people take shower in the morning. We always have this problem during the long weekends" !!
2) "That's a regular problem, and we can not do anything about it" !!!
3) "You can use swimming pool to wash your faces for now" !!!!

A friend of mine could refund the room charge, but when I asked for the same thing, they ridiculously refused. After two hour negotiation and talking to the staffs and finally their supervisor, they refunded the room charges and let us take off !. We moved to Comfort inn located in Parry Sound, and we liked it more. Although we did not pay anything for one-night stay in Quality Inn, their behavior and justifications were really frustrating and took a few hours of our time in order to check out and move to Comfort Inn. I do not recommend this hotel at all.

3 Thank Mehrbod
Nanaimo, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2012

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. At check in the receptionist remained seated, no greeting just asked for a credit card and gave me the keys.When I couldn't get in the building I had to return to the receptionist who then told me the doors weren't working and he should have told me that. We eventually got to our room. What a dump. Old, smelly, non working TV and the room crawling with ants on the wall and in the bed. So once again back to reception. To the receptionist's credit he did apologize and upgraded us to a suite.while certainly much better the suite was still rather shabby, uncomfortable beds, internet and microwave not working. The whole place pools, reception area, restaurant is very old and needs a complete renovation. I'm surprised it hasn't been shut down ..

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Ontario
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2012

This is by far the worse hotel I have ever stayed in. I am a business traveler who travels across Canada and internationally for work to give some background.

When my wife and I first arrived at the hotel we did not have high expectations based on the exterior. Somehow, even our low hopes managed to seem high expectations after our stay. When we first entered our room my wife and I were greeted with the smell of mold and mildew. When we went to unpack we found someones pants in the garbage can. Two unanswered calls to the front desk later I decided to dispose of the pants myself and get some water for the room as I was at in (the water coming out of the faucet was yellow). When I found the ice and pop room I was overwhelmed with the extreme heat and further smell of mold and mildew. Even the pop and water managed to be sold out.

I decided to walk around the hotel and look at the facilities including spa and fitness centre. The pool looked like it was last cleaned in the mid 90's and the fitness room again stunk of mold and mildew.

The bed was uncomfortable the the pillows were abysmal. It rained the first evening and we woke to a damp room that smelled even worse than when we first entered. Trying to make light of the situation we went to the hotel restaurant for breakfast. In hindsight, driving to McDonalds probably would have been healthier and tastier. The food was sub par and over priced.

Icing on the cake was being woken up on our last morning there to the cleaning staff yelling in the hallway that they could not finish cleaning as we had a `Do Not Disturb`sign on our door. Professionalism at its best it seems.

The only saving grace to this trip was that I used points to cover the cost of the room. Never would I pay for this poor quality. Save your money and go camp in the woods. It will be cleaner and smell a lot better than this hotel.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Port Dover
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

It was clean, friendly and quiet place to stay. All amenitities were working well and the indoor pool, sauna and hot tub was very welcoming after a day of RIDING our motorcycles. It's not a biker hotel and were RIDER friendly and accomodating where we could park our Rides safely. All kinds of people stay there, including family and business people alike.

Room Tip: The far east block of rooms was quiet and convenient to the pool, hot tub and sauna !
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka Resort & Spa
Town & Country Motel
Town & Country Motel
#5 of 19 in Parry Sound

Been to Super 8 Parry Sound? Share your experiences!