“40 Bay Street B&B was wonderful”

40 Bay Street Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 12 Parry Sound B&B and Inns
Jewell, Iowa
“40 Bay Street B&B was wonderful”
Reviewed 7 November 2012

Susan met us at the door with a warm greeting, showed us to our room, and made certain it was the one facing the spectacular railroad bridge over the river. I told her I loved trains, and with an accommodating wife it is only getting better. Susan suggested kicking back after our drive from Montreal and afterwards suggested a fine eating place, Wellington's, for our evening dinner. Her breakfast was made to order with the finest berries, muffins, French toast, scrambled eggs for me, and delicious coffee. If you don't like trains, request the Bay Room. If you do like or don't mind trains, the north room should suit you fine. There are frequent trains crossing the bridge during the night, but they do not blow horns. My hearing is not good, but my wife says "yes you can hear the trains, but they do not sound whistles and it is not bad at all. Just a rumble." If we have another chance going to or from Montreal, we shall certainly check in at the 40 Bay Street B&B.

Room Tip: Train side room if you love them, Bay Side room if you'd rather someone else enjoy the rumbles.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Reviewed 22 October 2012

I stayed at 40 Bay for two nights, after having to reschedule twice because of changing work requirements. Susan was gracious and accomodating throughout this uncertainty and even more helpful and friendly when I finally arrived. The Bay Room was comfortable and clean with a beautiful view of the water and the dock. I walked to dinner at a local restaurant that Susan recommended and was quite happy with the meal. My breakfasts at 40 Bay were nicely served and delicious and the conversation with Susan was interesting and warm. I would return again without hesitating.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 18 October 2012

From the moment we arrived Susan Poole made us feel right at home. After being out on the Island Queen touring for the afternoon on a cold and cloudy day, Susan made us hot tea with homemade cookies. After we settled into our lovely room, she made a point of introducing all her guests to each other and sitting with us and socializing, giving us tips on where to go to eat, sites to see and a bit of history around Parry Sound. She then left us to enjoy the rest of our evening, telling us when breakfast would be served in the morning. Breakfast was amazing!!! Fruit, yogurt, granola, homemade muffins, preserves, and your choice of french toast or scrambled eggs with cheese, ham, onions. It was truly wonderful...so much that you didn't need lunch. Again she prepared this all herself and then sat and joined us for coffee and some lively chat. It truly was a lovely experience....I would recommend this B&B and I certainly would stay there again if I'm ever back in Parry Sound!!

Debbie L

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2012

I've stayed at this B&B three times now within the past year and haven't been disappointed! Susan goes out of her way to make your stay at her establishment an enjoyable experience. The rooms are always immaculate and super-comfortable. Susan goes out of her way to make sure all guests have a chance to meet and get acquainted. Afternoon tea is always a treat because of the "still warm from the oven" chocolate chip cookies that accompany tea or coffee. :) Susan's recommendations of places to eat as well as local events ensure that guests see the best that the Parry Sound area has to offer. I look forward to my next visit already!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Halyna K
Orillia, Canada
Reviewed 16 October 2012

Don't let the humble exterior fool you, this B&B delivers. I spent three restful nights in the spacious Garden Room and was treated to the healthful, delicious and energizing breakfasts that left me ready to tackle my projects that brought me to Parry Sound.
Susan runs an excellent establishment.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Awesome is the word! Susan is an amazing host, friendly and attentive, made me feel at home. The house was impeccably clean and beautiful. The place was easy to locate and central to most of the important places and restaurants. Overall, my stay at 40 Bay Street was a poetic experience and its not a hyperbole. I will definitely book my stay here next time.

Thanks Susan for making my trip so memorable.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Canaan Valley, West Virginia
Reviewed 13 October 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the 40 Bay Street B&B. The Garden Room was comfortable for our two night stay and the bathroom immaculate. Our innkeeper Susan was very welcoming and knowledgeable about the area. The breakfasts were delicious with entree selections being offered each morning. Susan makes her own jams and granola which were excellent. Lively conversations with Susan and the other guests added to our experience. Being within short walking distances of the area attractions is another plus.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
#2 of 12 in Parry Sound
Town & Country Motel
Town & Country Motel
#5 of 19 in Parry Sound

Been to 40 Bay Street Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!