“Terrible service, tasty pizza, okay prices”
Review of Pizza Hut

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Pizza Hut
Ranked #50 of 62 Restaurants in Parry Sound
Cuisines: Pizza, Italian, Fast food, Canadian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Ontario, Canada
“Terrible service, tasty pizza, okay prices”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

On a recent trip to Manitoulin Island, we stopped about halfway through at the Pizza Hut in Parry Sound. Now, I will certainly say that the pizza that we ordered (two personal pans, one Veggie lovers and one Italian Classic) was tasty as usual but the service was terrible! As a start, we almost seated ourselves as the hostess/waitress was busy off chatting to someone in the restaurant and completely ignoring us. Then when we were finally seated, it felt like hours before she took our drink order. Ridiculous! At one point when we had finally received our food, the server was busy chatting to a patron in the booth behind us while the cook was yelling at her from the kitchen telling her that her order was ready. I was very close to just going in and getting it so that he'd stop yelling!! Not much else to say other than 'avoid it, the pizza isn't good enough to deal with the crappy service'.

• Visited March 2013

Parry Sound, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Service???”
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Went to Pizza Hut this past week, haven't been for many years and thought it would be nice to try it again. The service was not even there. We felt like we were all alone at our table. Had to ask for dishes and utensils, when we needed more assistance my husband went looking our waitress and by the time she emerged from the kitchen a long time had past by and we both were very discouraged about returning. Sure our server may have been busy in the kitchen, but does the customer have to do everything else themselves. Not happy, probably won't be going there again.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank cathys72
Central Ontario
“new makeover+poor food+terrible service=stay away”
Reviewed 20 November 2012

First time back since they did a makeover. Came with a group of 5 kids and 7 adults. 5 of the adults had their meals, had time to almost finish their meals before 4 of the kids got their meals (simple pasta from the kids menu) and two adults got their meals even later, yet still before one of the kids got their simple pasta alfredo. Two adults ordered shrimp scampi pasta....nice photo in menu with lots of medium sized shrimp, bursting red tomatoes and shaved fresh basil...what we got was a bowl of pasta alfredo with 6 or so small pieces of tomato (some of which not even ripe) and maybe 8 very small, overcooked, rubbery shrimp that were piled on the side of the bowl. AFter waiting close to an hour to get the food, no time to complain...not that the waitress ever came back to check on us. Spoke to young woman in charge when paying bill...she said it was up to the chef (hah, chef...what a laugh) how much shrimp and tomato they put on (she had no control over that???), and that basil on truck was rotten and she wasn't allowed by Pizza Hut to go buy fresh basil at a local store...so no information about this upon ordering...take your order, take your money and give you crap food with sorry excuses. When I suggested that it was not good to have kids wait for almost an hour to get their simple pasta after most adults had their food almost finished...she just said that her boss didn't think it would be busy...may answer slow service but not poor timing of food delivery. Gordon Ramsay would totally ream the management of this restaurant. I live in the area and will not be going back any time soon. When I complained, there was no offer at all about some sort of compensation...like for the scampi pasta that was crap and lacking ingredients. Terrible, terrible, terrible. This town bills itself as a tourist destination with its location of Georgian Bay, but this is another service provider that is clueless about providing good service and a good product....not a plus for Parry Sound tourism. They should be ashamed of themselves. I guess the pizza may be okay though...however, local pizzaville is better quality.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Forestree
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Under-serviced, Overpaid”
Reviewed 30 August 2012

My husband and I decided to stop at the Pizza Hut in Parry Sound on on our way from Coboconk Ontario to Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario. We have travelled this route many times over the past few years and always stop in Parry Sound for lunch/dinner. We have never stopped at the local Pizza Hut and decided this would be a great opportunity.....Boy were we wrong!!!!!
When we walked in it took close to 5 minutes for us to be seated, even though the place was alomost empty. We realized later that there was only 2 people that were running the restaraunt.
We were seated by one server who gave us menu's and advised us that he would be back to take our drink order. 15 minutes passed and no one came back. About 20 mins later the female server came and to take our order which included our appitizer, food and drink. We ordered the pizza rolls as an appitizer, I ordered a single size pepperoni and cheese pizza with a caesar salade and my husband order a chicken pesto wrap with potato wedges
It took another 20 minutes and what came first was our pizza rolls, drinks and my husband's chicken pesto wrap and wedges, and my LARGE rootbeer....I did not get my pizza or salad.
We waited for 10 minutes and enjoyed our apptizers which were pretty good and my husband felt bad for nibbling on his pesto wrap as we waited for my salad and pizza...which I have to state was ice cold on the inside and warm on the outside.....he didn't even want to eat it. I have to put in here that the server that was serving all of the tables was polite but had very little clue about which table order what meal. Finally another 15 mins later my pizza showed up which was pretty good, and my salade at the same time. I was upset because my husband was almost half done his food before I even got mine. When my pizza did arrive it was hot and it tasted good but the server had forgot my salade. I had to remind her what kind of salde I got. By this time it was 45 minutes before I had received my salad.
We enjoyed our meal and when it was time to get the bill my husband was in shock...$33.00!!!! for 6 pizza rolls, an ice cold chicken pesto wrap (from their lunch menu) and wedges, a personal cheese and pepperoni pizza with a side salade and 2 pop. In Sault Ste. Marie you have a 2 person steak dinner with an appitizer and side and drink $55.00....We will never stop at this pizza hut again!!!!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Kara L
Toronto
“My cousin almost died”
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We went there on a normal day and my family got stuffed crust pizza, it was uncooked and my cousin choked on it, all of parry sound watched as she was choking, luckly my uncle gave her himlack moniver, sorry for spelling , horrible and over priced

Visited July 2012