“Excellent Hotel”

Best Western Inn On The Bay
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Owen Sound
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Staff was vey friendly, efficient and professional. Room was excellent, furnished with very comfortable furniture. Stayed 3 nights and have no regrets. The restaurant is a little pricey for the quality of food, but not unreasonably so. Great location with a beautiful view and great seating around the bay shore.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Jason H, General Manager at Best Western Inn On The Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Hi Ian W,

I am happy that you were able to enjoy a 3 night stay with us! Such a positive review after spending that much time here is a true compliment for our efforts. Each employee here truly cares about our guests and I cannot say enough about how proud I am to have them working here. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience and provide value during each stay. I am currently reviewing our restaurant menu and we are looking to offer more popular items in the near future. Our prices are reviewed against chain restaurants such as Montana's and Kelsey's although we are trying to provide an upscale environment and improve on quality with our multiple red seal Chefs on site. Your review of this hotel is very real and I appreciate every word of it.

Thank you again for your time in completing it.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

My wife and I stayed here on our way thru the area. Beautiful setting on the bay. We were upgraded to a whirlpool suite and it was outstanding! Andy at the FD was very friendly and nice to chat with. I definately would recommend this property to any traveller.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Hi Doug C,

Thank you for choosing our hotel on your way through Owen Sound. I am glad that you found it worthwhile staying in one of our Jacuzzi suites and hope that you will be back to visit some day in the future. We are always looking for ways to improve so you may find more value the next time you are in Owen Sound.

Thank you for taking the time to provide this review.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

I have stayed at the inn on the bay since it opened 25 years ago i would say about a few hundred times I traveled mostly on business but had some family and friend trips as well
The place has grown over the years put in a tower expanded the restaurant and bar area.
I probably tried almost every other place in town over the years but once they built this place that was it for me
They offer complimentary continental breakfast or a discount on a full breakfast ( great eggs benny)
I finally retired this year and took my wife up north for a colour tour and had to stop at my old stopping grounds for old times sake.
One of the front desk girls Sandra and I reminisced about all the changes over the years she had been there since day one.
It was nice to go back there again and next time I'm in the area it will be INN on the BAY for me again
you wont be disappointed trust me

Room Tip: I always liked the main floor close to the restaurant and easy to get in and out of The tower room...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank paperguyLondon

Hi paperguyLondon,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your patronage over all of these years. I cannot express my gratitude enough for your business during the existence of this establishment. You are an ambassador as well as a friend to Best Western Inn on the Bay (or Inn on the Bay as it originally was). I have made it a point to recognize and reward Sandra in response to the honorable mention in your review. It says a lot about an organization when an employee stays working there for over 25 years and we are proud to have her working here today.

Thank you again for your wonderful review and patronage of our hotel. Some of the best reasons to work here are the regular guests that continue to stay with us.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Stayed with relations, we all found the hotel comfortable, well run with attentive staff. Evening meal was of good quality and reasonably priced, however, breakfast was less than expected. High speed internet was easily accessed and fast. Staff was knowledgeable about local events.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank David S
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Nice location, clean well maintained hotel. Room was nice with all modern amenities. The staff was courteous and professional. The continental breakfast was the same as every other hotel, not exciting but not bad. We would likely stay again as I suspect it's the best hotel in the immediate area. Only downside would be that it's rather pricey considering other equally well presented hotels that we stayed in during our trip though that region of the province.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

We were skeptical when we were driving to it as it was out of the main part of town. However, the location is absolutely beautiful, the hotel was very nice and clean. Front desk staff were all wonderful!! We got a motorcycle discount, which was nice. If you are on a motorcycle, they let you park under the covered area, which is monitored by cameras. The whole town shuts down very early after Labor Day (we were actually there on Labor Day and ended up eating dinner at Tim Horton's because nothing was open). For the first night on our week-long motorcycle tour of the peninsula it was a great stay!

1  Thank MarciD
Reviewed 15 September 2013

My husband and I drove up to the Bruce Peninsula for a quick getaway to view some of the waterfalls in the area. We had not made a reservation before arriving and found this location better than others in the area. We came to see the local beauty and the setting of the hotel is unsurpassed. The room was clean and well appointed. We thought cost was a touch pricy ($152 for a king bedroom) but considering the location (the only waterfront hotel in the city) we decided to stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Owen Sound
#1 of 4 in Wiarton
Owen Sound Inn
Owen Sound Inn
#5 of 10 in Owen Sound

Been to Best Western Inn On The Bay? Share your experiences!