“nice but expensive”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Owen Sound
GreenLeadersSilver level
Vienna
Reviewed 20 July 2005

We had a suite in the new part of the hotel and the room was very clean and comfortable, with a nice view. Alltough, it was quite small for a suite.
The whirlpool and the sauna are great, but they have no pool (altough it looks like ti on the photos) and thy gym is tiny.
The food in the restaurant is good but also very expensive.
All in all, this is a nice hotel but it's not worth the price.

• Stayed: August 2004
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed 15 June 2005

When we arrived we were told that our reservation did not exist. I had a confirmation # but that didn't seem to make a difference to the young lady behind the counter. They were rude from the onset, and things didn't change. We checked out early and will never be back. I think the room that we stayed in was a former smoking room, my wife has asthma and can't take the smoke. The food in the restaurant seemed like it was all manufactured from the Kraft kitchen, very unoriginal.

I love Owen Sound, and will be back to visit, but will never stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 May 2005

Our friends stayed in the new section and it was pretty nice but we got put in the old section and it was not nice. The brochure we had made it look like there was a pool but don't be deceived - there is no pool. The hotel was very overpriced for what they offer. Get 3 people in their fitness room and its crowded. The food was okay but again the prices were wild.

• Stayed: April 2005
4  Thank OntarioRed
Reviewed 1 May 2005

Booked this motel because of the nice room we thought we were getting. Nice decor, great check in and nice room, but to our surprise couldn't use hot tub because it splashed the walls, curtains and carpet. They chose not to fix it after they have had other complaints. Also you can hear the hot tub below filling and when running. We didnt sleep. Complaining does no good. Cost was 249.00 Ouch.

• Stayed: April 2005
3  Thank egrist2016
Hamilton, Bermuda
Reviewed 25 November 2004

This has become my home away from home, at least when visiting Owen Sound.

I've stayed here five times, most recently July 2004 and November 2004. I'm planning to stay here again in December 2004.

The new addition is beautiful - I stayed in one of the top floor suites in July and you could not ask for a nicer room. It was very spacious - nice size bedroom, separate living/meeting room, fridge, microwave, two televisions, etc. Since I was travelling alone, it actually felt too large.

During November I stayed in a Harbour View room on the second floor which had a gas fireplace, in addition to the usual amenities. I've never seen a hotel room with a gas fireplace - needless to say I did not use the other heating option very much.

I believe all of the new rooms have high speed internet, which is very important to me when I travel. The internet connection was fast and consistent.

Comensurate with the additional rooms, the dining room has also expanded although the menu seems much the same. I only took breakfast at the hotel, plus some buffalo wings one night. I have no complaints about the food or service.

There are less expensive hotels in Owen Sound, but you get what you pay for. By no means is this a pricy hotel - it offers very good value in fact. Plus it has a great location close to downtown Owen Sound but not in the middle of it.

A side benefit - if you are a hockey fan there might be an OHL game next door at the Bayshore Arena.

• Stayed: March 2005, travelled on business
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 August 2004

Stayed one night with the family on way up to Tobermory. Beautiful clean place to stay.Right on the water beautiful view of Owen Sound Bay excellent meals in the restaurant which has an outdoor patio which again gives you a great view of the Bay. I would highly recommend it for any stay in the Owen Sound area

Reviewed 31 December 2003

My husband and I stayed Dec. 20, 2003. We found the hotel staff very friendly and helpful. Our room was bright and very comfortable. The hotel was very quiet.We enjoyed a very good breakfast in the hotel. We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

1  Thank sharlynne
#1 of 4 in Southampton
Waterview on The Bay
Waterview on The Bay
#1 of 4 in Wiarton

Been to Best Western Inn On The Bay? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Best Western Inn On The Bay

Address: 1800 2nd Avenue East | P O Box 516, Owen Sound, Ontario N4K 5RI, Canada (Formerly BEST WESTERN Inn On The Bay)
Region: Canada > Ontario > Grey County > Owen Sound
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Owen Sound
Price Range: £90 - £127 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Best Western Inn On The Bay 2.5*
This Best Western Inn on the Bay hotel gives guests no shortage of pampering along with a fantastic location right on the shore of the Georgian Bay. Owen Sound is located where the Niagara Escarpment meets Georgian Bay so stunning views and fresh air are standard here. We're less than 10 minutes away from three beautiful waterfalls with hiking trails, so outdoor lovers and photographers have struck gold. This is one Bruce Peninsula hotel that never disappoints. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Inn On The Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Inn On The Bay Hotel Owen Sound