“Not entirely Happy”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Clifford Ont
“Not entirely Happy”
Reviewed 27 January 2011

On checking in the lobby appears nicely but when we got to the room there was an odor of stale air, also the carpet looked stained and dirty. We had 2 queen beds and from the door way you could see the cave in the middle of one of the beds and the rest of the bed proved to be very uncomfortable, the bedding was clean and the bathroom was very clean. We had an appointment at the hospital in the morning and were late going to breakfast, getting only coffee when my husband added cream it fell out in one lump he then tried to get orange juice and there was none so we left.overall overpriced and in need of an overhaul. The ladies on the front desk in the morning were very nice, being late for our appointment I had no time to tell them my concerns. We will think twice if we come again

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank grammaCliffordOnt
0496, General Manager at Best Western Inn On The Bay, responded to this review, 3 March 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. We purchased new beds for all our guest rooms last year. It is possible that one may be damaged. I will ensure that our maintenance and housekeeping deopartment check all beds to ensure that something like this will noe happen in the future.
Again I apologise for your concern and thank you for bringing this to my attention. I look forward to seeing you in the future. If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 519-371-9200
Lorne Sarmiento, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Korean first
Paris, Canada
Reviewed 6 October 2010

My circumstances were such that, I spent multiple lengthy stays over a period of months and I found the staff always friendly and welcoming and would make every effort to make me feel comfortable. The rooms were clean and well laid out, allowing space for living / working areas. The dining room staff provided consistent friendly service and the food was always good.
The location of the hotel afforded close proximity (by car) to shopping and entertainment, a short walk to the community centre for OHL hockey and lacrosse.
Located on the bay, the area provided outstanding scenery and sights with kilometers of walking and biking trails

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
osmary, General Manager at Best Western Inn On The Bay, responded to this review, 8 October 2010
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on trip advisor regarding your stay with us. Your feed back is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to ensure that all our guests have a very positive experience. We hope to see you again.
Again, thanks for taking the timeand have a great day.
Lorne Sarmiento
ohio
Reviewed 17 August 2010

My husband and I found this to be a friendly, clean hotel. It is right next to the bike path/ river walk and we enjoyed strolling to the downtown area and watching the sunset over Owen Sound just outside the hotel. Restaurant staff were friendly and the food was pricey but good. We were there during the Civic Day weekend and breakfast was very crowded with families trying to get their meals before hitting the road, so we chose to eat breakfast elsewhere most mornings. We are glad we stayed here. While probably not the cheapest place in town, it looked to be one of the nicest with the prettiest location.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
osmary, General Manager at Best Western Inn On The Bay, responded to this review, 8 September 2010
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally if you wish to further discuss your stay with us.
yorkshire
Reviewed 14 June 2010

A fairly new hotel right on the shoreline of the lake. Great views of the lake if you pay the extra .Had a king room with lake view. Excellent. The rooms are far from cheap you pay for the position. Downside you can't pull the car up to the room, this is an hotel with one entry. With this quality it should have widescreen , flatscreen tvs.Nice lounge area and restaurant ( outside in summer ) but quality of food/cooking lets it down a bit. Needs an outdoor pool, only an indoor jaccusi.Internet is slow at present. Overall the room quality and position makes this a great stay.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. My staff and I use this information to to do everything possible to ensure all our guests have a great stay. We now have mini fridges in all our guest room. We hope to see you again.
toronto
Reviewed 30 May 2010

This hotel was fantastic for a number of reasons.

1. Location! Very close to town, just a one minute drive to the main downtown intersection. Probably would only be A 15 minute walk. Located right on Owen Sound Bay, with a lakefront trail right outside the door.

2. Condition of the hotel! All renovated inside, very clean, very spacious room with a sitting area with a sofa. Beautiful furniture, the bathroom was really nice and fancy.

3. Hot tub and fitness centre! See my photos. Absolutely gorgeous, overlooking the bay. A hot tub plus a cooler (but still very warm) spa tub for when you get too steamy!

4. Breakfast! Quite a nice complimentary breakfast. Toast, oatmeal, cereal, fruit, some pastries and I think there was also eggs and yogurt for people who eat that (we're vegan).

The only drawback I can think of was there was no minifridge in the room.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again.( ps - we now have mini frides in every room)
Ballarat, Australia
Reviewed 28 May 2010

We only had one night here, but wish we could have stayed longer. Very clean, great facilities and super helpful staff. Maybe one day we'll get back there,.. we hope!

Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post your comments on Trip Advisor. My staff and I constantly review these comments to ensure each and every guest experience is satisfying.

Durham, Ontario
Reviewed 28 January 2010

We enjoyed our week-end so much. The room was very comfortable. Scenery from "inside" was great as well as outside. The food in the restaurant was "Top of the Line". Very relaxing lounge and restaurant. Can't wait to visit again. Just like a mini vacation.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. We are all pleased to see you enjoyed the weekend. If we can be of any assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact us at 519 - 371-9200. We hope to see you again.
Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Owen Sound
#8 of 10 in Owen Sound
Owen Sound Inn
Owen Sound Inn
#5 of 10 in Owen Sound

Been to Best Western Inn On The Bay? Share your experiences!