“Great hotel!”

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Owen Sound
Toronto, Canada
“Great hotel!”
Reviewed 31 May 2011

I stayed at the Comfort Inn this month and was very impressed by the hotel. The lobby and rooms were both extremely nice and clean, and the hotel staff was incredible. Anyone I dealt with went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable. I would definately stay there when visiting Owen Sound again!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
GeneralManagerOS, General Manager at Comfort Inn Owen Sound, responded to this review, 13 July 2011
Thank you very much Citygirl233 for your positive review of the Comfort Inn Owen Sound. Our staff strives to meet and exceed our guests needs, and we take comfort in knowing you found our hotel clean and our staff friendly. Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 26 May 2011

I stayed at the Comfort Inn for a weeked, with my spouse. We were up visiting family. I had a great experience at the Hotel, the staff was awesome and the rooms were great, very very clean and up to date. I would recomend this hotel to anyone who wants a great experience and great service. The staff there go out of their way to make sure you are happy with everything.. I will be coming back soon.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you fanfromafar for taking the time to review us here at Comfort Inn Owen Sound. We are extremely pleased that your stay with us was enjoyable. Our staff is always willing to be helpful and we do not consider it going out of our way, it’s just us doing our best to make you feel as comfortable as possible. It comforts us to hear you found our staff to be awesome and our rooms to be very clean
Pinconning, Michigan
Reviewed 16 November 2010

The hotel was nice, but it was not the cheapest of hotels, at least compared to other hotels I've been in. This may have been due to the time of year. The room was nice and clean, the wireless internet worked well, and the front desk staff was very friendly. It wasn't the fanciest of hotels, but I couldn't find any problems.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank gittinsj
KrissyOttawa, guest services representative at Comfort Inn Owen Sound, responded to this review, 18 November 2010
Gittinsj, Thankyou very much for posting such a positve review of our facility. I'm very happy to hear that our wireless internet met your standards and it's always great to hear that our front desk staff was friendly.
Our prices to very depending on the season, thank you for taking that into consideration when you commented on our rates.
I hope that you will come and see us again soon.

The Staff at the Comfort Inn Owen Sound
Connecticut
Reviewed 28 August 2010

My wife and I have been staying at this property since it was a Journey's End Motel back in the late 1980s. We visit Owen Sound almost every August for Summerfolk and this place has never let me down.

They get the reservations right. The rooms are clean and well maintained. The beds are comfy. The air conditioner blows cold and stays on all night, a major benefit when the weather is hot and humid on Summerfolk weekend. There's free in-room wi-fi, and a Tim Hortons next door for a quick snack. And the chocolate chip cookies in the vending machine are pretty darn good.

It has gotten a bit pricey for US visitors (senior rate was $135CDN + 13% tax this year) since the Canadian dollar has risen so much in value against the US dollar. Owen Sound is a summer tourist destination because of nearby Sauble Beach on Lake Huron and the weekend we were there was a special event in Owen Sound, so you've got to expect it to be a little pricey. But I'll make my reservations there again next time we go.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
KrissyOttawa, front desk clerk at Comfort Inn Owen Sound, responded to this review, 5 September 2010
Thirdshf, We at the Comfort Inn in Owen Sound are so pleased to have you as a loyal guest!
We look forward to seeing you again next year for Summerfolk!

Moncton, Canada
Reviewed 22 August 2010

I really enjoyed my stay at the comfort inn! The staff was so friendly and helpful! The rooms were clean and well decorated. The breakfast in the morning was awesome it came complete with coffee (really good) tea and hot chocolate, muffins, toast, waffels and even hard boiled eggs! The hotel even has a beautiful garden and a bbq for the guest to use! The location is great to. The hotel is just off of highway 6 and its close enough that you can walk to the mall and down town as long as you don't mind hills. I can't wait to stay there again!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
KrissyOttawa, front desk staff at Comfort Inn Owen Sound, responded to this review, 28 August 2010
Misstmoss, I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Please come again soon!
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 25 June 2010

At time of check it I was told I had a smoking room. As a none
smoker and who fights allergies those conditions were not ideal. I asked the
fellow at check in if I could get a non smoking but was told they were not
available for the 2 nights. He offered to sent a dionizer to the room, however
working in the front office at a 4 diamond property in the Niagara Falls that
still offers smoking rooms, the dionizers mask the smell with a strong perfume
which I am very sensitive to.

Not only was the room smoking but the straw that broke the camels back was the
fact that the room was filthy and dated. The carpets hadn't been changed in
over ten years it appeared, not to mention there was stains on the lamp shade.
And to really point out how not clean the room was when I had a shower the
bathroom mirror was fogged it had a previous message that was written with
someone's finger that was derogatory and offensive.

On a positive note the service was exceptional. Jon at the front desk tried to
be as accommodating as possible. He even called me shortly after I checked in
to make sure everything was ok. I didn't let him know what I really felt as I
know how it is to be on the receiving end and have my hands tied.

I didn't come to stay at your hotel expecting 5 star accommodations with all
the amenities, however for the price of the room I would have seen better value
staying a no name hotel. People choose brand names as they are somewhat
consistent. However I felt taken advantage of. I didn't even stay the second
night even though it was prepaid as I drove home 3 hours to sleep in my own
bed.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
KrissyOttawa, Front Desk Staff at Comfort Inn Owen Sound, responded to this review, 28 June 2010
w0rshipthesun, Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. Be assured that even though your stay was not as comfortable as you had wished what you have written in your review will be taken to heart so that we can better accommodate you in the future.
I was very happy to read that your experience Jon, one of our front desk staff, was positive and I wish you had of gone to him with your complaints about the room. I know that he would have been upset to hear that the room wasn't as clean as it should have been and would have done all in his power right the wrong. As you know being in the industry yourself we can not fix a problem we do not know about.

please accept our sincerest apologies.
The Staff at the Comfort Inn, Owen Sound

Travellers are raving about these Owen Sound hotels

Reviewed 30 May 2010

Property looks old. Place was clean. Didn't bother with the breakfast. One thing for anyone wanting to stay here and needing to dial 800 numbers - the hotel's phone system blocks access to many 800 numbers and almost all 800 calling card numbers. Front desk didn't offer any explanation just said you can't call - but there is a pay phone in the lobby that you can use if privacy isn't an issue...

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
KrissyOttawa, front desk staff at Comfort Inn Owen Sound, responded to this review, 12 June 2010
MachineGuy, Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for the Comfort Inn Owen Sound. I'm sorry to hear that our in room phone service was not up to your standards. When a room is being paid for by a third party i.e.: your work (I'm not sure if this was the case for you or not) long distance calling will be blocked. Also certain calling cards unfortunately do not work in this area. I again apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
We hope to see you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Owen Sound
#1 of 4 in Southampton
Waterview on The Bay
Waterview on The Bay
#1 of 4 in Wiarton

Been to Comfort Inn Owen Sound? Share your experiences!