I visit Owen Sound almost every year in August for the Summerfolk festival, and most of those visits have included a stay at the Owen Sound Comfort Inn. In a previous review, I said that it was not much beyond the basics, but that it worked for me.
I'm sorry to have to report that this place has gone down hill substantially since I stayed here in 2010.
I noticed a lot of maintenance issues that need to be addressed before I stay here again.
-- There were water stains on the ceiling of my 2nd floor room (#219), indicative of a roof needing repair.
-- The electronic lock on the back door leading directly to guest rooms was not working, a very serious security issue. Somebody had vandalized the keycard box that unlocks this door and it looks like they just removed the door lock instead of fixing the box.
-- There were water pressure problems in my bathroom -- it took forever just to fill a plastic cup with water so I could rinse my mouth after brushing -- and the sink faucet leaked if you twisted it too far to the right.
-- The TV in my room was an ancient analog model with a tiny screen, and the in-room microwave I remembered from previous stays was gone.
-- The grounds looked shabby with overgrown landscaping.
Overall, the place is starting to look like the numerous "no-tell motels" that line Highways 6 & 10 leading out of town.
If this doesn't bother you, then you might be satisfied. The air conditioning still works very nicely and the bed was fairly comfortable, but I see too much neglected maintenance at this property to justify staying here again. Owen Sound doesn't really have that many alternatives, but I think I might consider the Best Western next time I visit.
Also, when we first checked it I found that I had been assigned a handicapped room. It seems well suited to use by someone with limited mobility, but if you need an accessible room you will still have a problem getting in the building. There are curbs and steps to get over if you use a wheelchair, and I'm not sure if some of the doors to the outside are wide enough to accommodate a wheelchair.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Inn provides warm hospitality, excellent customer service and clean comfortable rooms. We are conveniently located on the conjunction of four major highways 6-10-21 and 26. We have all the amenities you're looking for... Free Sunshine Breakfast, wireless internet, daily newspaper, local calls, and guest computer. Your Home Away From Home! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Comfort Inn Owen Sound reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Owen Sound Hotel Owen Sound
- Owen Sound Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Owen Sound Ontario, Canada