“Fair Value for the Money”

Comfort Inn Owen Sound
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Owen Sound
Hamilton, Canada
“Fair Value for the Money”
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Stayed in Owen Sound and went to the Comfort Inn, which is one of my preferred Inns to stay at due to value. As is usual the Comfort Inn offered the basics for a decent price. For some reason there was a very strong citrus smell in the room, almost wondered if they were trying to cover the smell of smoke in our non-smoking room. The smell was strong enough to make it unpleasant. It was a very quiet night which is important to us. The continental breakfast is feeble at best, but again considering the price is better than nothing, my partner's coffee was so bad that she couldn't finish it (thankfully it is next door to a Tim Hortons). So nothing exciting but for a cheap, clean place to stay it worked well for us.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 1st floor at the back and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Comfort Inn Owen Sound, responded to this review, 9 July 2012
Thank you David B for taking the time to review Comfort Inn Owen Sound. We value your feedback and we use it to improve our hotel. We wish you had of notified someone about your room being unpleasant, we would have gladly switched your room if one of your liking was available. We are currently in the process of switching over to a hot breakfast in the coming months. Thank you again for reviewing our hotel we hope to see you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Goderich, Canada
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I rented 5 rooms at the beginning of Feb, 2012 for my highschool basketball team. Check in was simple and quick and the rooms were ready for us when we arrived. The hotel treated us well, rooms were what you would expect from a comfort inn - clean and comforatble. High speed wireless internet worked well. All night coffee, tea and hot chocolate available as well as daily Toronto Star (even on Saturday).

The breakfast area was well stocked and replenished quickly when my 15 teenagers cleaned it out. They must have listened to other reviews since there are now tables (regularly cleaned) in the breakfast area with a TV which makes it convenient to eat downstairs. Breakfast included regular comfort inn fare - english muffins, juice, waffles, muffins, toast, coffee etc. Nothing great but enough to get us started for the day.

Staff professional at the hotel - they always treated the boys with respect. Our key even got us a 10% discount when we went out to eat at East Side Marios.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank like2travellots
Krista M, General Manager at Comfort Inn Owen Sound, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Thank you for your pleasant review of Comfort Inn Owen Sound. We pride ourselves on being able to handle large groups with efficiency. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay and found everything to your liking. We use these reviews as an important tool to see what we are doing right and what we can improve on, thank you again for taking the time to review us
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed 22 January 2012

average CI, very poor continental breakfast, no dining room or tables to eat on, decent rooms, no sheers in the windows of the drive-up units (no privacy), decent views of Owen Sound, overall a failure - 3/10

Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank bensagle
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. As stated in your review we see you stayed quite a while ago. Please take comfort in knowing that we have greatly improved our property including the breakfast. We have added new items since you last stayed, such as danishes yogart and waffles. We invite you to come try us again some time soon thanks again for taking the time to review our hotel.

Travellers are raving about these Owen Sound hotels

Toronto
Reviewed 20 January 2012

I was travelling from Toronto to Kincardine and my car broke down just outside of Owen Sound and it could not be fixed until the next day so I had to find a place to overnight. The tow truck guy recommended the Comfort Inn. So he dropped me off there. I was checked in by a really nice lady called Donna. She helped me with delivery flyers since I had no car to go out for dinner. I found the room to be very clean and comfortable. The room was not a 5 star Hotel by any means but everything was in good shape and most important....Clean. I had a great night sleep and in the morning the Continental Breakfast was really good with a great variety of items. My car was not going to be ready until 1pm and check out time was 11am but the staff allowed me to stay in the room until 1pm which I very much appreciated. I really enjoyed my stay here and I will be back for sure!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
GeneralManagerOS, General Manager at Comfort Inn Owen Sound, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Dear Sean B thank you for you kind review of Comfort Inn Owen Sound. We are very pleased your unfortunate situation turned into a great stay with us. Our staff is always happy to provide assistance anyway possible. The breakfast at Comfort Inn is better than most continental breakfasts served at other hotels with lots of extras. We are looking forward to implementing our hot breakfast in the newyear and invite you to come back and try it out.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 19 November 2011

It pains me to write this review since it means I have to relive my terrible ordeal but I’ve put it off long enough.

This place did not start out so bad: I asked for an upgrade at check in (yes apparently they have this at Comfort Inns) but was told it was not possible since I had booked and prepaid online. However, to our surprise, we had been given the largest room in the hotel with a King bed and a separate seating area with 2 sofas, chairs and a work desk – I guess this was their suite. Score one for the Comfort Inn.

We were in town for a wedding and my nightmare began when we got back from the reception. Let me preface this by saying that our group had a total of about 20 rooms in this place and we are all in the same wing. Note the hotel only has 60 rooms so we were occupying 1/3 of a hotel that was not even full to begin with. I digress…..

Given we had a “suite”, a group of us proceeded to continue the festivities in our room. Not 5 minutes after our friends joined us did we begin to be harassed by the night receptionist. It first started with a phone call where we were asked to quiet down. Fair enough, we did. This was followed by several other phone calls stating that he had come to our room, knocked on the door, listened to our noise as is permeated the stairwell, etc. I had finally had enough and marched downstairs to talk to him. He proceeded to say he had security footage of him knocking on our door to quiet us down. When I asked to see the footage I was shown grainy images that could not even confirm if it was indeed our room – for all I know this could have been filmed a week ago! A complete waste of my time! I then walked him over to the bottom of the stairwell where he said he could hear us and guess what - it was perfectly quiet, you could not hear a thing!

Needless to say he ruined the atmosphere and everyone dispersed for the night. Did he leave us alone? NO!!! He proceeded to call to say that leaving the door ajar was a fire violation and that the room was still too noisy – everyone had left! This was pure harassment and I told him as such. He finally left us alone at 3am.

To sum up: you could not pay me enough money to go back to this pit! I have never been treated so poorly in my life! In fact I feel like I deserve to be reimbursed for my troubles. If management has any integrity whatsoever they will comment on this review and get in touch with me for further details (I have no hope they will do this….)

Room Tip: Ask for room 202 - the "suite"
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank TOFood-TravelChick
Thank you SophiaSolange for your review of our hotel Comfort Inn Owen Sound. We are very happy to hear that you liked our best room in the house. As for your ordeal we are sorry that you found the service was not up to par. At Comfort Inn our staff takes ANY guest complaints very seriously especially when managing noise issues. The number of rooms held by a guest/group does not determine how much noise they can make, if any guest is disturbed action will be taken immediately if disturbances continue further action will be taken. This issue will be investigated in depth to decide if any further action is necessary. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 10 November 2011

At the time of arival our room wan't ready and we were offered another room but it was not up to our room classification so we refussed. Manager was called and nothing was done and we had to wait. Linens were soiled and room was unclean. Will never go there again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Annie1211_11
GeneralManagerOS, General Manager at Comfort Inn Owen Sound, responded to this review, 18 November 2011
Thank you Annie1211_11 for your review of our hotel. We apologize that the room was not ready at the time you arrived at our hotel. We work hard to insure guest’s room is ready no later than 3pm which is the check in time. It is extremely unfortunate that your room was not cleaned properly we use tripadvisor as a helpful tool so we know where we need to improve on thank you again for your input
Ottawa
Reviewed 12 October 2011

I recently had a very pleasant stay at the Comfort Inn. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and comfortable. I would recommend staying there. The only drawbacks would be that we were placed outside the entrance (room 108) and there was a lot of noise outside the room one evening. The seats of the chairs in the room were very badly stained. It looked grotty. If anything is stained it should not be in the room...it makes it look cheap. Good stay overall though.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
#1 of 4 in Southampton
Quality Inn Owen Sound
Quality Inn Owen Sound
#10 of 10 in Owen Sound

Been to Comfort Inn Owen Sound? Share your experiences!