“It Fell a Bit Short For Us”

Comfort Inn Owen Sound
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Owen Sound
Nanaimo, Canada
“It Fell a Bit Short For Us”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We arrived for our stay at about 7:30 after ten hours on the road and were both in some pain because of some lingering injuries. A young man on the front desk checked us in and assigned a room on the second floor. I informed him of our pain issues and the number of bags we had since the hotel lacks an elevator. I asked for a room on the main floor. He told me that the room I had reserved was on the second floor. I had reserved online and actually had no clue that it was on the second floor. He then told me that he did have rooms on the main floor but we would have to pay more.

In three other hotels on this trip where we had been assigned second floor rooms, when I explained the situation, we were given first floor rooms without question or extra charges. One was even a complimentary upgrade. All were in the United States. Perhaps they understand hospitality better down there.

We accepted the second floor room #217 and lugged our bags down the hall and up the stairs. The stairwell stunk badly. It appeared empty of garbage but it wreaked of something. Someone isn't paying attention to let something so bad go unattended.

The room itself was a bit dated and tired. An ironing board hangs on the wall beside the bed and there is no end table on one side of the bed. We found the bed very hard. No pillow top here.

The breakfast was decent and the area was clean but small for the size of the hotel. As we were leaving, we asked for driving directions to a nearby town. It took two women at the desk to consult for several minutes to figure it out. The directions were quite different from what we heard the evening before from the young man who checked us in. He had seemed unsure, which was what prompted us to double check in the morning. The overall experience disappointed us.

Room Tip: There is no elevator. If stairs are any issue, request ground floor by calling the hotel directly.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
GeneralManagerOS, General Manager at Comfort Inn Owen Sound, responded to this review, 14 July 2013
Thank you for your review. We are extremely sorry that us having no elevator was an inconvenience for you please feel free to request this when making your reservation in the future. We apologize for any confusion with directions and look forward to seeing you visit again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Toronto, ON
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Just stopped for one night, it was good value for the money. Comfortable room, a tad dated, no frills, but very clean. I had no issues at all with my stay. Gal at front desk was very friendly and helpful!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
GeneralManagerOS, General Manager at Comfort Inn Owen Sound, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Thank you 5000km for taking the time to post a review about Comfort Inn Owen Sound. At Comfort inn our guest service agents are always friendly and helpful and our housekeeping staff works hard to maintain clean rooms. We greatly appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Chatham, Canada
Reviewed 25 May 2013

When I arrived, I was greated by two friendly staff who were very accommodating...providing a map of the area...outlining directions to 10 restaurants and the location of the event I was attending. I parked right outside my room which made unpacking and packing easy. The room was clean and the bed top quality. The hotel is centrally located to the core of Owen Sound. The bay was close for drumming, a labyrinth is down the street at a corner church. Although there are vending machines and fresh coffee available...Tim Horton's is next door on the corner. I stayed for five days and look forward to a return trip to this Comfort in and the beauty of Owen Sound.

Room Tip: Although A/C was a bit noisy...I took advantage of leaving the patio door open to allow the outside...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
GeneralManagerOS, General Manager at Comfort Inn Owen Sound, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel our front desk clerks are always happy to help with directions. We are very glad to hear you found the room clean and the bed to be top quality. At Comfort Inn we work extremely hard to provide our guests with great service and accommodations, we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Toronto
Reviewed 13 May 2013

A clean, comfortable place for an overnight stop. Person at front desk, Barb, was very helpful when we asked for special accommodation. Had an excellent night's sleep as our room was quieter than most motels and the beds were very good.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
GeneralManagerOS, General Manager at Comfort Inn Owen Sound, responded to this review, 14 May 2013
Thank you for your kind review of Comfort Inn Owen Sound. Our staff works very hard to accommodate our guests. We are well known for being a quiet hotel even on nights when fully booked.
owen sound
Reviewed 25 April 2013

I have just spent the night at the Comfort Inn. When I first drove up to the parking lot it was quite clean. Then I entered the lobby. I was welcomed by a friendly face at the front desk. The lady was very accomidating . She told me about resaurants and shopping areas. The hallways were clean. My room smelled fresh. It was neat and tidy. When leaving in the morning I has a good breakfast. Front desk inquired how my stay was. Everyone was very helpful. If I was in the area I would stay here.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your pleasant review of Comfort Inn Owen Sound. We are pleased to hear everything with your stay way nice and hope you took advantage of the 10% discount at the local restaurants. The house keeping staff at Comfort Inn works extremely hard to maintain a high standard of cleanliness and we appreciate you noticing. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
wiarton
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Stay at Comfort Inn in Jan room was nice and clean and I loved there pillows, housekeeping staff was very helpiful in getting me extra pillows. The flat screen TV was great. Front desk staff very friendly and helpful. Continental breakfast was very good. Lots to choose from. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for you kind review of Comfort Inn Owen Sound. Comfort Inn works hard to provide our guests with the best service. We are glad you enjoyed our new flat screens and breakfast. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed 14 April 2013

We booked the Comfort Inn because it was close to the job we were working on. It is clean,close to everything in Owen Sound. You get a 10% at a few restaurants with your room key. They always have coffee on for you 24/7, and they also have cereal, hard boiled egfgs, yogurt, fruit, waffles,danishes, muffins, english muffins, toast every morning for you.
The staff are very helpful & friendly, we have stayed there quite alot! Good bang for your buck!

Room Tip: there is only two floors - no elevator, so if you have bad knees or can't walk, book the 1st flo...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
GeneralManagerOS, General Manager at Comfort Inn Owen Sound, responded to this review, 22 April 2013
Thank you very much for your kind review of Owen Sound Comfort Inn. We are pleased to hear that you had a nice stay with us. We are very glad to hear you enjoyed our breakfast options and found everything you needed. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit
Also consider these accommodations in or near Owen Sound
#1 of 4 in Wiarton
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 4 in Southampton

Been to Comfort Inn Owen Sound? Share your experiences!