We arrived for our stay at about 7:30 after ten hours on the road and were both in some pain because of some lingering injuries. A young man on the front desk checked us in and assigned a room on the second floor. I informed him of our pain issues and the number of bags we had since the hotel lacks an elevator. I asked for a room on the main floor. He told me that the room I had reserved was on the second floor. I had reserved online and actually had no clue that it was on the second floor. He then told me that he did have rooms on the main floor but we would have to pay more.
In three other hotels on this trip where we had been assigned second floor rooms, when I explained the situation, we were given first floor rooms without question or extra charges. One was even a complimentary upgrade. All were in the United States. Perhaps they understand hospitality better down there.
We accepted the second floor room #217 and lugged our bags down the hall and up the stairs. The stairwell stunk badly. It appeared empty of garbage but it wreaked of something. Someone isn't paying attention to let something so bad go unattended.
The room itself was a bit dated and tired. An ironing board hangs on the wall beside the bed and there is no end table on one side of the bed. We found the bed very hard. No pillow top here.
The breakfast was decent and the area was clean but small for the size of the hotel. As we were leaving, we asked for driving directions to a nearby town. It took two women at the desk to consult for several minutes to figure it out. The directions were quite different from what we heard the evening before from the young man who checked us in. He had seemed unsure, which was what prompted us to double check in the morning. The overall experience disappointed us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Inn provides warm hospitality, excellent customer service and clean comfortable rooms. We are conveniently located on the conjunction of four major highways 6-10-21 and 26. We have all the amenities you're looking for... Free Sunshine Breakfast, wireless internet, daily newspaper, local calls, and guest computer. Your Home Away From Home! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Comfort Inn Owen Sound reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Owen Sound Hotel Owen Sound
- Owen Sound Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Owen Sound Ontario, Canada