“Great Comfort”

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Owen Sound
Orillia
“Great Comfort”
Reviewed 9 June 2008

I recently had the opportunity to stay at the Comfort Inn in Owen Sound while visiting relatives and I must say it was an enjoyable experience. While there the staff took great care of us and we didn't have to ask for anything. The rooms were spacious and clean. We will definitely stay here again for the next family reunion!

• Liked — Cleanliness of Rooms
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank Carefree78

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Orillia
Reviewed 22 January 2008

The staff were friendly and courteous they were willing to help us out in any way that they could. Our stay at the Comfort Inn was very comfortable and the rooms were well kept and clean. No complaints at all I would definetly recommend the Comfort Inn Owen Sound

• Stayed January 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank lj_mw2005
Grand Bend, Canada
Reviewed 14 August 2007

Very clean & the staff were very friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast had a great selection and was always replentished. Overall, great value for the money.

• Liked — Very clean
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with friends
1 Thank mungi
Brampton, ON, Canada
Reviewed 10 July 2007

We were doing a road trip to check out the Waterfall tour. The hotel was at a convenient location. The room was spacious and well-kept. A continental breakfast was included with the price. It had good variety for a continental breakfast. Some places just have juice/coffee and a muffin. They served a deluxe continental - bagels, bread, muffins, fruit, yoghurt, cereal, boiled eggs, two types of juice, coffee, tea.

• Liked — good location
  • Disliked — no elevator
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
3 Thank QofKn
Winnipeg
Reviewed 14 June 2007

Stayed for 3 nights, the general condition of the rooms is good, as is the location. The main problem I had is with the internet not working, for all of my stay it didn't work even with 5 calls to the technical support for them to fix it. The hotel staff was indifferent to if it worked or not, and all they could do is simply say to call technical support. Although in fairness I don't expect front desk staff to be techies, the fact they seemed rather disinterested if it worked at all is what I didn't like. Considering that other hotels around the same area had working internet for around the same price, I would of rather stayed elsewhere. Continental breakfast was decent.

• Stayed June 2007
1 Thank will5404

Travellers are raving about these Owen Sound hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 September 2004

I was very dissappointed with our stay, we checked out early. We stayed there last year and was very pleased.....not this time. We had blood stains on our bedspread and and I went and showed the staff they gave me another and agreed that it was digusting.When I checked in they gave 3 different rates and they charged me 160 and when I had called they said it was 140. For the same rooms other people paid 120 and then less then that. I asked why and she said people get different rates. I stoood there while they charged the rates.....and the people were the same as me.
I went to the lobby and the breakfast was stored in white garbage bags and it was out at 1:00 am and that was the juice too!
In the am i went up and checked out and then I went and stripped the beds to make it easier for the girl and then we discovered that the mattress cover was saturated in urine stains......all over in different spots. I felt sick that my son laid in that all night. Their was garbage behind the nite stand.. I was dissappointed and will not stay there again and neither will anyone I tell as we travel lots with hockey.
Please advise why this happens and I am paying full price and never offered any money back......
Heather

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 17 June 2004

I have stayed at this place twice in Owen Sound, and both times it has been great. The excellent location of it, near the crossroads and downtown, the price is very reasonable, and the hotel rooms are your typical average rooms. Service is excellent as well. For people travelling or just spending a night in the Owen Sound area, I would recommend the Comfort Inn, for pricing and good hospitality. No complaints at all!

5 Thank rjsbird287
#1 of 4 in Wiarton
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 4 in Southampton

Been to Comfort Inn Owen Sound? Share your experiences!