“Revisit”

Dragonfly Cafe
Ranked #10 of 103 Restaurants in Owen Sound
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Canadian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Breakfast spot a favourite of locals, almost don't want to give away this secret, but their food is excellent and their service great, they totally deserve the recognition!
Collingwood, Canada
“Revisit”
Reviewed 25 December 2013

The last time we went to the Dragonfly it was a disappointment - formally my favourite breakfast place. The owner saw my article and wrote to me explaining staffing difficulty during that time and apologized for the bad experience - good customer relations and professionalism shining here! We returned to the Dragonfly recently to give it another chance and we are happy to report that they are back on track! The food was great, service always fantastic and back as our favourite spot for breakfast. Not pretty from the outside (not so pretty on in the inside either lol) but well worth a visit. Congrats Dragonfly - well worth the 60k drive.

• Visited December 2013

Owen Sound, Canada
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Blink and you may miss this place along the highway. We had eaten here before and have enjoyed the food. The coffee is good and hot and the food is great. The place is a little dated however that is part of the charm. Everything is clean and comfortable. The people at the next table struck up a conversation with us while we were waiting for our order. In all a great start to our road trip.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Chris G
London, Ontario, Canada
“HOME COOKED, GOOD OLD FASHIONED BREAKFAST”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

The wife and I stopped in at the "Dragonfly Café" on Sunday SEPTEMBER 2nd, 2013, on our way back from spending the weekend in TOBERMORY, Ontario. Although the building and parking lot is not much to look at, the owners and their Mom deserve praise for the quality of the meals and their hard work. This was a very busy place when we stopped in for breakfast. Mom was exceptionally busy tending to tables and her kids (young adults) were diligently cooking and preparing meals in the kitchen, for a full house. The portions were huge and the breakfast was very tasty. Lots of hot coffee and delicious varieties of home-made bread. Keep doing all the right things folks..., and you'll have a small gold mine there. You might even find the need to expand if you keep getting more and more customers. We would definitely eat here again. G.F. WHITE @ "Fifth Avenue Para-Legal & Private Investigation Services Inc." , LONDON, Ontario.

• Visited September 2013
Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada
“2nd Chance Review ~ Excellent Lunch”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

The Dragonfly Restaurant is located on Hwy. 6 & 10 between Owen Sound and Chatsworth. I have reviewed this restaurant before and unfortunately at that time it was not a good experience therefore it did not get a very good review. This would have been fall of 2012. And I had vowed not to eat there again!!
To my surprise about 2 weeks ago I got an email from the Owner/Manager of the Dragonfly Restaurant apologizing that I did not have a very good culinary experience at her restaurant and explained the transition they were going through at the time and she also asked if I would try it again and even offered me a certificate/voucher. I immediately wrote her back to thank her for her kind words and told her that I would try the Dragonfly Restaurant again but that I did not want the certificate and that I would just come in as a "mystery shopper" kind of thing!
Today my partner and I ate lunch at the Dragonfly Restaurant and it was excellent! The service was very good and our server was very efficient and friendly. The restaurant itself was clean and organized for the small space that it has! They have 10 tables in all and half of those are tables for 2 ... the others for 4. They also have a small patio to the side with a few tables with umbrellas but today was a little rainy so we sat inside.
My partner ordered the Chicken Burger with Caesar Salad and an Ice Tea. I ordered the Special which was 2 eggs any style (got mine poached) topped with sautéed mushrooms, onions and Hollandaise Sauce on a bed of Spinach and that came with Home Fries and choice of bread for the toast. I opted for rye. They make all of their breads on their premises!
My partner's Chicken Burger was great ... the Breaded Chicken Breast did look home made and was a full breast of chicken and done to perfection ... my partner said the bun that it was served on was delicious. It was topped with fresh big slices of tomatoes and lettuce. His Caesar Salad was very good with home made dressing and croutons and yes I did taste it a couple of times! The server brought him a glass filled with ice to pour his Ice Tea into which was very good service.
The Special I ordered was so good ... the Mushrooms and Onions had been sautéed perfectly and my Poached Eggs were soft (like I had asked for) and the Hollandaise Sauce was very tasty (one of the best I've had) and this all came on top of a bed of spinach ... yes lots of nice fresh spinach! The home fries were also spiced properly and crispy. Even though it was a very big serving I ate almost the whole thing except for a few of the potatoes, plus I dug into my partner's Caesar Salad a couple of times!! The green tea I ordered was of very good choice and tasted superior to others that I have had in restaurant.
I would like to thank the Owner/Manager for writing to me and inviting me back as it was a wonderful culinary experience and your food and service has improved ... a lot!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Summerpls
Owen Sound
“Great place for breakfast and lunch”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Love going to this little gem!
Great home cooked food, great service with a friendly smile, Always!
Fresh breads to choose from and plenty of food.
You won't go away hungry.

• Visited June 2013