“D.I. in Owen Sound”

Quality Inn Owen Sound
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Owen Sound
Reviewed 16 August 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Owen Sound

Reviewed 12 August 2013

The beds were extremely uncomfortable. There was not even a mattress cover on the mattresses and the box springs had numerous stains. There were stains in the curtains and on the chairs. The man at the front desk that evening was very friendly, but I will never suggest to anyone that they stay in a Days Inn Motel based upon our stay in Owen Sound. It was also very noisy as people were walking through the hall---I am assuming from the bar. Perhaps you should put families in a different spot, far from the bar. My children kept being awakened by the noise in the hall as well as by the noise in the room next to ours. I myself took a shower as soon as I got home, even though I took one that morning at the hotel. I just felt dirty after spending the night on mattresses that were filthy without even the elastic covers on them like all the other hotels I have ever stayed in. I did not sleep very well thinking that the sheet covering the mattress would move during the night and my face would be laying on the dirty mattress. I do not usually complain about much of anything, but I was just shocked at the quality of the room for the high price that we paid. The room also was very stinky from something that was cooked in the microwave. We slept with the window open and made some coffee to try to better be able to tolerate the smell.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sdd068
Dianne T, Manager at Quality Inn Owen Sound, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

I am sorry for how you where feeling and your experience at our hotel.
I wanted to let you know that all of our mattresses are steamed cleaned
on a regular basis as are all furniture and carpets.
We where sold out on the evening of August 09/13. We had many guests staying in the hotel for many different reason.
Some where here for a wedding, some for a baseball tournament, some like yourself on family vacations, and we also had
other family's here attending a funeral. Each event had different arrival times and some where late and other groups
have no consideration for others even though they where spoken to several times.
We want all of our guest to feel comfortable and have a great experience.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

Our recent stay at this hotel was a huge disappointment in a four day trip I recently took to mid Ontario. It is seriously in need of a full refurbishing.We had a list of complaints so long the lady at checkout gave us the stay free of charge. We are both mobility challenged, did not bother to mention the only access to ice was down a flight of stairs, no help offered with luggage, room taps both broken, whole place smells smoky and on and on and on. Very discouraged as have stayed at other Days Inns that were quite good.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I wouldn't recommend this motel. There were no fitted sheets on the bed, and the flat sheet that to be used as a fitted sheet wasn't tucked in either. The mattresses on beds are similar to sleeping on a board. The room didn't smell clean, smelled like a smoked in motel room. Considering the money paid for this motel, it sure wasn't worth it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Overall, our stay at the Days Inn was disappointing. That the lock of the first room we were given didn't work can be forgiven. That the replacement room reeked of smoke (non-smoking room) can also be forgiven, particularly because we were subsequently upgraded to a room with a king-sized bed. In fact, the front desk person was very friendly and helpful. No complaints there. But the room we ended up in was not very clean (a bundle of hair on the bed; another in the bathroom) or comfortable. The pillows resembled cushions, too stiff and too high to support one's head comfortably. The low-quality linens didn't make the night more comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank capricorn18
Reviewed 4 August 2013

My family and I stayed at Days Inn Owen Sound over Christmas while visiting relatives. The staff was friendly and accommodating when we checked-in, letting us know about the facilities. The salt water swimming pool and hot tub was a draw for us and we brought my nephew to swim with us They allow swimming for non-guests and it costs about $7/$10 for children and adults.

The rooms were spacious and clean, and the beds were very comfortable (and I'm fussy about a comfy sleep, not every hotel has a good mattresses). On the morning we left we ate at their restaurant, the prices were reasonable and the food was yummy (especially the breakfast sausages!).

Overall, I would recommend Days Inn and I was pleasantly surprised since I had booked this place online. Another added bonus wasn't at the hotel, but throughout Owen Sound: Christmas lights were beautifully arranged in various shapes and colours which was fun to discover and my child really enjoyed it.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Dianne T, Manager at Quality Inn Owen Sound, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel and restaurant. I am glad you enjoyed your stay ,the festival light display will be here again before you know it.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

My husband and I stayed for three nights to attend a wedding. The room was clean and comfortable, and larger that one we recently stayed at in what was described as a luxury suite. The front desk staff (Nathan in particular) were very helpful in dealing with questions. The pool and hot tub were great. The down side is the age and condition of the rest of the hotel. The ceilings are low in the hall. The carpet in dated and worn. There is a pervasive unpleasant odour of mildew and age. This was especially overpowering in the fitness room. This made the room unusable. The restaurant was okay, but I felt overpriced for what you got.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dianne T, Manager at Quality Inn Owen Sound, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Owen Sound
#5 of 10 in Owen Sound
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 4 in Southampton

Been to Quality Inn Owen Sound? Share your experiences!