“(Sigh.....)”

The River Cafe
Price range: US$3 - US$13
Cuisines: Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Description: BEST CAFE in Owen Sound. Custom espresso beverages, coffee or tea made by our skilled baristas. Fantastic European style atmosphere, original 14' restored tin ceiling in vintage building. Exposed brick wall, cozy fireplace seating with wing chairs, marble tables and old maple floor. Homemade soup, fresh from scratch baking, unique and delicious sandwiches. A big smile and friendly greeting are always complimentary! *GLUTEN FREE* *DAIRY FREE* *VEGETARIAN* *VEGAN*
Reviewed 27 March 2013

But soft upon whetted lips lingered the delicate, yet thrilling taste of that last, steaming, cream laden mug of snickerdoodle coffee. I warm at the gentle thought. :)

8  Thank JodiBV42

Reviewed 23 February 2013

Known for my brutal honesty...

If you are a fan of Nanaimo Bars, you have got to go to The River Cafe! Yummy!

I bought 1 square for just over 2 bucks and had it cut into 3 of the standard sized nanaimo bar sizes, which I shared with my 2 daughters.

The Best, hands down, second to none, PERIOD!

9  Thank Michael S
Reviewed 6 September 2012

River Cafe is an older, restored building inside, with exposed brick on one wall, a nice fireplace and comfortable seating at tables or in armchairs. Really nice place to sit and chill, especially in the summer since it's air-conditioned.

The whole place just has great character and their coffee and drinks are delicious, to boot. If you're in for lunch, it's a bit pricier than fast food, but it's fresh, homemade and delicious. Try the cabbage salad with crispy noodles, can't remember the exact name but it's my usual.

There's also Wi-Fi, so I sometimes just go sit there and read or work. It's not bustling and noisy like some of the other coffee shops. Highly recommended.

12  Thank Miranda M
Reviewed 25 August 2012

I asked what coffee they use but the person at the cash wouldn't say! Said the business is very competitive. Excellent coffee anyways! And lovely decor in a historic building with original tin ceilings.

9  Thank Doeraymee
Reviewed 25 July 2012

I walked into this lovely River Cafe quite by accident the first time. I spend my summers in Sauble Beach and had wandered over to Owen Sound. The ambience is so very lovely and charming and calming and they have the most wonderful flavoured coffee. I made a point to go back to see if I felt the same way and guess what..... it was equal if not better. Don't miss this experience in Owen Sound.

11  Thank Supa_ma52