Owen Sound Inn
Knights Inn Owen Sound(Owen Sound)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$160
US$152
Diamond Motor Inn(Owen Sound)
US$62
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Inn on 6th(Owen Sound)
Springmount Motel(Owen Sound)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewscleaned every dayfridge microwavecomfortable bedsflat screen tvhot waterwould highly recommend this hotelcoffee machinestayed here for two nightsnice stayplace to staymotels hotelsmemorable staynice roomin townhospital
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 September 2012

My family and I stayed over during the Labor Day weekend. The price is extremely good for the service and room you get. The beds were clean, there was a lot of hot water, and the rooms were equipped with a fridge, microwave, and 40-inch flat screen. The location is convenient. The family who owns the inn is warm and welcoming, and makes you feel at home. If I had to be really picky, the only problem was with the slightly thin walls (they must've been blasting the TV next-door) and simple breakfast (muffins, coffee, tea, and bagel). Bring your own shampoo!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2012

My wife and I spent a night here over the Labor Day weekend.
The room was a good size and came well-equipped: microwave, fridge and 40 inch flat screen TV.
Everything was extremely clean. Plenty of towels but bring shampoo. The water in the bathroom was very hot.
Our room was on the ground floor facing the garden at the back. Consequently, not only could we sit outside but it was also very quiet with no sound of traffic from the main road.
The staff were very helpful and well organized.
We didn't take advantage of the simple continental breakfast but it was there if we had wanted it (7:00-9:00 am).
We had checked out the rates at other hotels in Owen Sound and this seemed very competitive. Nevertheless, $129+tax for a king-size bed was a bit of a shock - maybe I've been traveling overseas too much! My wife thought it was a fair price.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the back (quieter) and on the ground floor (if you are going to be in Owen Sound when it's warm enough to sit outside).
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2012

This place is off Hwy10/6 and just outside the Owen Sound city proper. A little too far away to walk to the downtown or river front area. We decided to stay at this motel because of the many positive reviews on this site. Although the owners/managers were exceedingly pleasant and chatty, the motel itself was just OK. It was clean and the beds were fairly comfortable. The walls are paper though; thank goodness our neighbors were pretty quiet.The flat screen TV was a bit of a bonus but we didn't come to Owen Sound to watch TV so...not sure what to say about that. I guess for some people, this is an important feature. There was no in-room coffee but I think there was a pot brewing in the lobby. No one offered us any but I assumed it was meant for the guests. There was a fridge and microwave in the room however, which came in handy for a few left-overs we had from supper. Breakfast fare in the morning was completely inedible...some sort of muffins. I'm not sure why these motels/hotels even bother to set food like that out. I can't imagine anyone eats more than a bite. The coffee was just barely OK. We went out of breakfast. There are several places in Owen Sound and just past Rockland to get a hearty meal so don't bother even going down to the lobby for breakfast.

Room Tip: An upstairs room would likely be quieter considering there's virtually no sound-proofing.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Great hospitality and well priced for our short stay. Enjoyed the continental breakfasts and customer service was excellent. Had a great base to have a bit of a look around shores of Lake Huron. Enjoyable!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank David M
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Don't be expecting 5 star excellence at a budget motel on the highway. With that in mind, this is a good value motel for what you pay. The hotel is clean, there is a continental breakfast (muffin, toast, bagel, coffee/tea and juice) provided free, and the room is well-sized, with a large TV, microwave and refrigerator. The bed was comfortable, the front staff were pleasant, and it's a short drive to Tim Horton's. There was no shampoo provided in the bathroom,but my wife brought her own, so I never checked if there was some available at the front desk. We would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business