“Northern Exposure”

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Owen Sound
Trenton
“Northern Exposure”
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I choose this particular Inn on three counts. One, because of close proximity to our destination, second because of the price and third, it's family owned and its quiet. :)
We had stayed at this Inn more than once before, so when calling back to reserve again, even though the time period had been a few months, the owner remembered us, which is always a pleasant surprise.

Room Tip: I prefer the downstairs rooms, as the room is three feet from the car. We knew the air conditioner...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Gladys F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 16 May 2013

That was my first time in Owen Sound and this Inn was highly recommended. I didn't regret the choice - yes there are renovations going on in the hallway but it's normal and not noisy at all. The owners were very friendly and helpful with everything I needed. I had a smoking room on the top floor - the balcony was a plus. Everything was clean and maintained, good size room, comfortable beds, pillows & lots of towels in the bathroom. WiFi worked well. The only thing I missed was coffee in the room, but anyone can go get some from the lobby. The patio door windows were very "cloudy" needed cleaning but this time of the year is hard to say with lots of rain and the hotel right out of the highway. As for location - you need a car / taxi to go anywhere but plenty of parking spots available (coming from Montreal, that was a surprise :)

I would go back and I recommend this hotel. Congrats to the owners!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Alexa42_10
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 25 January 2013

+ Corridor-style rooms (which I like better than outdoor entrances), but for motel prices
+ Owner was very helpful when my car got stuck in the snow in the parking lot (not their fault -- they were getting it plowed three times a day!)
+ Rooms themselves are nothing special, but for the price they are an excellent value
+ Close to the courthouse

Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank eightydays11
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I was there 1 time and I really liked this hotel. We stayed there with a big family and it was a great experience. The owner of the hotel is very friendly and helpful. Breakfasts are very delicious. The rooms are clean and cozy. Haven't checked out the swimming pool because of the lack of time. I think when we decide to have one more vacation on Huron lake, we will stay in the same place.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Anna A
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed 17 December 2012

I have not yet been disappointed.... this was my 4th time at this hotel and I am always pleased with the rooms. They are clean, and have a fridge, microwave, and big flat screen tv.
This Inn is owner/operated (husband and wife) and I highly recommend making this your stop in Owen Sound. It is located right on the highway, and convenient to all amenities.
Shiraz and his wife will make your stay a great one.... and at a most reasonable rate!

Thanks to both of you...
Susan

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Susan N
World
Reviewed 5 November 2012

There were 17 families that stayed here for a Hockey Tournament Nov 2-4, 2012. When my party arrived we were greeted by Shiraz with a friendly "Hello...and welcome". Once we checked in, Shiraz was kind enough to help us carry our bags to our rooms.
The rooms are average, but are spacious. All rooms have a mini fridge and a microwave. Linens were clean and the room was cleaned every day. Shiraz was very accommodating having 17 11 year olds romping thru his hotel, he never complained!!!
This hotel does need some updating... but if you hear what it was before then you will understand that it takes time and lots of money to update everything. For a hard working generous man this makes it a worthwhile stay.
One evening the parents were standing in the hall way talking and Shiraz came to us and was concerned about us standing, so he open opened up the lounge area and allowed us to sit comfortably. He even offered coffee and muffins for us. That type of personal service you will not find in the "big chain" hotels.
Thank you to Owen Sound Inn for giving our team a great experience for our first trip to Owen Sound !!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Chris K
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Almost sounds like the owner might be reviewing his own place.
Anyhow I'm not one to judge.
My stay was average. Clean sheets etc. Nice to for the hour you actually watch it. Sketchy locks on the doors Imo. No key card access sorta speak. The service was subpar. No friendly greeting at the service counter like the reviews say, where we had to go looking for somebody.
The price was a bit expensive Imo. I think I paid just around 180 for 2 beds and 3 people on a Saturday night. No amazing park in the back. Though the property is well maintained.
Just don't think it's a paradise compared to other places. For 180 I would have got a lot closer to sable.

• Stayed August 2012
Manish99, Manager at Owen Sound Inn, responded to this review, 31 October 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review.
Please take note that Can $.180.00 is charged for 2 nights ( Fri & Sat )
which is 79.99 & 79.99 + 13% HST = 180.78.
Our room rates are still reasonable than other hotels in Owen Sound,which you have noticed at the time when you have given the reservations to us.
Also you are at liberty to contact to the people, who have took their time to contribute for the good reviews towards Owen Sound Inn.
One thing we do understand that if you are upset with something than the blame comes to the htel service.
Management,
#1 of 4 in Southampton
Waterview on The Bay
Waterview on The Bay
#1 of 4 in Wiarton

Been to Owen Sound Inn? Share your experiences!