“Mediocre meal saved by standout fish and chips.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian, Canadian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Owen Sound, Canada
“Mediocre meal saved by standout fish and chips.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

I went to Tuscany's Pub & Eatery on a Saturday evening. Our party was one of only 4 or 5 in the restaurant. I was expecting live music, as per advertisements, but there was none.
The decor is nothing special.
Our server was very pleasant; she was quick to tell us the specials and get drinks.
We had heard that the portions here were large, so decided to forgo an appetizer.
The rumours about portion size were absolutely correct - I can't imagine anyone leaves hungry. Our party of three ordered the seafood bowtie pasta (decent, but swimming in sauce to the point of being soupy), the crepe special (spinach and feta - heavy on the spinach, almost no feta), and the fish and chips (delicious!). The fish and chips consisted of 2 MASSIVE pieces of crispy flaky fish, with fries, tartar sauce, and coleslaw. The dish was easily enough to feed two people, though our server told us that on Fridays, some people ate 3 or more portions of the all you can eat fish and chips special.
In the summer months, they have a rooftop patio that looks like it would be fun. If I go back to check it out, I'll definitely be ordering the fish and chips.

• Visited April 2014
4 Thank Ange C

“Politeness cost nothing?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

I visited to have A snack and pint, sat at the bar and was talking to a portrait seated next, to me. Wow! My conversation intruded upon with a lecture as to the nature of the bar (lades) nephew’s skill and awards in my line of business. As if to add insult to injury the comment I made to her on her recommendation of a local beer was “I aren’t pushing anything” The place looked fantastic and the young server was polite and very friendly. The patio was up stairs and the weather did not permit me to use it. The food looked grate coming from the kitchen it must have been a bad day for her, she shore made one for me.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Andrew G
Port Perry, Canada
“Great evening of entertainmemt and food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

We are in Owen Sound camping and dropped in to Tuscany's Pub & Eatery to listen to the Saturday night jazz and have few drinks. Music was great and the appetizers were superb. The staff was very funny and helpful, met the owner and she was a delightful person who at the end of the night followed us out to the street to thank us for coming and gave hugs all around. Will most certainly be going back for a full meal before our stay in Owen Sound ends.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank John R
“Will Not Return”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2013

A friend and I had dinner at this restaurant a couple of nights ago and while some of the food was satisfactory , much of it was cold . As it had taken awhile to get our dinners served , we did not return it ,as we had an engagement later in the evening . The restaurant was quite busy but this could have been anticipated as it is situated next door to the local Little Theatre where a play was beginning that evening ; so the one wait staff was going back and forth between greeting people at the door and taking and serving orders . The problem was that rather than say 'We are short staffed but I will be right back ' she just kind of abruptly left the table and returned. She had difficulty pronouncing Pinot Grigio ( picky I know ). As to the food , I had the whitefish which was tasty , my friend a pork with blueberry sauce which she said was very fatty . The mixed vegetables were cold , the potatoes were hot but most of my friends meal was cold . At he finish of the meal she did mention it to the wait staff who of course did say ' You should have told me. ' All in all , our experience was not pleasant and with the entree at $22.00 , we will go elsewhere .

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Catherine T
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bring your own dishware”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2012 via mobile

food was ok. I had about 2 glasses of water when i realized there was lipstick on my glass. My friend also had it on her glass. When i notified the waitress she made no apology rather she giggled and brought a new glass and said you won't find and "shades" on this one. the wait was long for appetizers (35 min) food was okay but service was terrible. There was maybe two other tables of customers. The next people that came in got their order taken first and food first. standing in line waiting to pay we were quickly shuffled out of the way by a staff member.
Would i visit again? Not when there are better places to visit.

• 1 of 5 bubbles