“Quaint”

Cuisines: Diner
Owen Sound
“Quaint”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

A very quaint unpretentious restaurant with good food and attention to detail. Breakfast all day ~ simply prepared with home made detail. Lunch options are varied with attention to our favorites, sandwiches, clubs, wraps and salads. And their butter tarts! With pastry that is filo-thin so the true desire of the butter tart is the star - the filling. Pies and squares that only a bakery could produce. Their home made fresh cookies are large and can be served in pairs filled with vanilla ice cream....mmmmmmmmmmmmm instant ice cream sandwich. Come visit and contribute directly to supporting a privately owned restaurant ~ chains are so predictable. Thanks Todd (Tilly) for a great experience.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Leslie H

Owen Sound, Canada
“Nice middle of the road spot”
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

We were curious so visited Tilley's three times for lunch. Nice interior in an old store. Tin ceiling and original floor boards. They do breakfast and lunch only. Certainly nice, honest food and the owner visited our table to be sure we were enjoying our lunch. Good soup and good sandwich. A pleasant little cafe with good good.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank DonJ532
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious food and very reasonably priced”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

A few months ago my husband took me to Tilly's for breakfast.
It was a wonderful experience. We've been back many times for breakfast
and lunch again. The food is fresh and delightfully prepared. The ingredients
Todd uses in his cooking and baking are fresh and he makes delicious
sandwiches from home made bread. He also uses fresh ingredients for his
home made soups. Desserts, oh my goodness. Pies, tarts etc.
The prices are very reasonable. The service is friendly and welcoming.
You will be so glad you make Tilly's a place to enjoy the fine food available.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Mary Jo S
Grand Bend, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great service, delicious food and very reasonably priced!”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I was driving through Kilsyth en route home from a business trip and stopped here for a late lunch. I was greeted by the owner and 2 of his employees (wry pleasant and personable).
I ordered the Chicken Ceasar wrap with BBQ sauce (BBQ sauce was special request). The BBQ sauce he informed me was homemade (brought it out for me to try even!) and absolutely delicious.
The wrap was amazing. Lots of chicken which is nice as I find so many places these days cheap out. The tortilla was very fresh and the wrap was lightly grilled (not too much to make the lettuce wilt). It was absolutely delicious! Oh and their baked goods - yummy (I had a chocolate chip cookie, baked fresh that day, very moist/gooey).
I look forward to trying the ice pressed olive oil he sells next time I'm passing through (was all out). I'm quite the foodie and this place really hit the spot!
Heather

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank HeatherLewis411
Owen Sound, Canada
“Quaint and Subperb service”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

A hidden experience in a small place called Kilsyth near Owen Sound. Take the time to stop and have lunch; you won't be disappointed and their bread is awesome.

• Visited December 2013