“Hope you like your food cold”

Grey's Boot & Blade
Ranked #11 of 105 Restaurants in Owen Sound
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 December 2012

Literally just ate the worst meal at a restuarant I've ever had. Ordered a club sandwich and fries.
The toast on the sandwich was cold and crumbling apart, the turkey was dryer than sand, and the tomatoes were so expired, I could literally tell they had gone bad before the server put the plate down. Zero flavour and beyond dry. I have been here for breakfast before and it was fine, but after today, I would never go back. My friend had the pulled pork sandwich and had a very similar review of his meal. The only good thing was the one really cute waitress - Sadie I believe - unfortunately not cute enough to have me ever return to this place.

Reviewed 13 November 2012

Never been there for any other meal but breakfast in the last 10 years. But you are guarunteed a good breakfast with the eggs done just the way you order. Service is good.

1  Thank Paul S
Reviewed 29 October 2012

This is country-fare. Whatever you order, there will be lots of it. The server was very helpful and friendly. Prices were reasonable.

Ordered the pork-chop special. Chops were uneventful, veggies were overcooked. No amount of salt or pepper could rescue this.

Restaurant is clean and country-ish with wooden bench seats and backs. Decor is all sports. At lunch hour the place was very busy. Sure to be that way at dinner again.

Reviewed 28 September 2012

Excellent food, great selection, great service and good value. Would definitely go back and recommend to others!

Reviewed 23 September 2012

We are new to the Owen Sound area and were searching for a good diner for breakfast. We stumbled across the Boot and Blade. Restaurant looks quaint and clean. Decor is old country style with wood chairs, tables and bar. The restaurant had a lot of guests so we figured we'd give it a try. We ordered the breakfast special #1 which is two eggs, 3 slices of bacon, home fries and toast. One of my bacon slices was undercooked and gross. My scrambled eggs were really dry. The home fries taste like they come from frozen as they were also dry and tasteless. The service was nothing spectacular. Our server refilled my husband's coffee twice but never refilled my water when it was completely empty. Our search for a good breakfast place in the area continues. We will not likely return. At least not for breakfast. Cost for each meal was 6.50.