“Happy customer”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
St. Catharines
“Happy customer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stopped for lunch on a whim. We were surprised to see no other customers but quickly figured out the reason why. We'd arrived on one of the few days of the week where they don't have the double the fish special. So we paid the regular price for the regular amount of fish. We ordered the two piece haddock and chips. They were excellent and the quantity was more than enough to fill us. My husband was in the mood for chowder to go with his meal, but they don't serve and soups here. Casual atmosphere.

• Visited August 2014

Cudahy, Wisconsin
“great place for fish & chips with gravy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

Definitely a place locals go to since the waitress seemed to know everyone who came in. that's always a good sign. We went on double fish day so it was really a great bargain.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank KnittingNut53110
Toronto, Canada
“average fish and chips”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

The fish and chips were OK, a little over cooked. Fish tasted like it had been frozen too long, definitely not fresh. Which is kind of disappointing, considering all the lakes. Service was a little slow, waitress seemed more interested about talking on the phone then serving customers.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank VinceTrains
Owen Sound, Canada
“If you are looking for great fish and chips”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

This is your place. We ordered the daily special and the fish was great, the batter was crisp and tasted good too. The fries were made at the shop and hot. Our server was attentive and prompt. The place was clean - however it was dated. The paint was fading and this place could use a spruce up. Ignore that and you will enjoy the food.

• Visited August 2013
Waterloo
“Very Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

When I saw the sign advertising Broasted Chicken I thought it would be a good place to pick up some food for my family. I've been enjoying broasted chicken every year on holidays since we tried it about five years ago at Maple Ridge in Miller Lake. I love the flavour and moistness of the chicken at Maple Ridge. I thought it would be the same at Captain John's. I was wrong. They advertise moist chicken at Captain John's. It wasn't. It was dry and tasteless.Oh well. I guess they're known for their fish. I was very happy with the service though - very friendly and prompt. Maybe next time we'll try the fish and go on a double fish day.

• Visited July 2013