“We Got Lucky”

Ranked #11 of 104 Restaurants in Owen Sound
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 July 2014

This restaurant looks like it's in an old gas station. We happened to book a table here on July 5 and they were going to be closed for 2 weeks .... the owner has retired and the business will be under new management. The night were were here it was us and lots of locals wishing him happy retirement and I'm sure getting their last schnitzel dinner. I suspect it'll be a different menu in the future. You wouldn't want to eat schnitzel every day (in fact it's been years since I had it) but this was excellent, huge portion. My BIL had the pork tenderloin in raspberry sauce which he pronounced as excellent. Who knows what the new place will serve!

1  Thank travelfun001
There are newer reviews for Rockford Restaurant

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I've tried three different times to eat at this place but never found it open. Today, at about 5:00 PM we pulled up in front. A big sign announced it was closing July 8th and would open sometime in the future under new owners/management. Since it was July 7th, a Sunday and one of their normal days of business, we parked but the guy at the door told us to go away as the business was "done".

2  Thank Dunsmos
Reviewed 24 June 2014

after hearing my friend rave about their meals at the rockford restaurant, we finally decided we had to go try it for ourselves. i am a very picky eater, but the freshly made food was exactly what i was looking for. and the portion sizes could fill any hunger for really reasonable prices. i wanted to try everything on their menu but ended up trying their special, which included a healthy portion of soup to start. amazing experience. the service was great, the man who served us was funny and charming, just like rockford. cannot wait to go back and try more of their food.

1  Thank Manny416
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Absolutely the finest restaurant I've been to in years. The food is fantastic. I've eaten here many times and have to say that there's not a dud dish on the menu. And, the service is excellent. I especially like the Rack of Lamb (with mustard sauce). Another favourite is the Coquilles St Jacques. The schnitzels are amazing - the only problem here is choosing from their extensive selection of them. The Garlic Soup alone is worth dining here. A treasure indeed! Owen Sound - you're fortunate to have the Rockford nearby!!!

1  Thank Roman S
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We visited the Rockford Inn again two nights ago and found the menu had been modified. Still lots of great selection and all the old favourites are there but on the daily specials board was Rack Of Lamb. Had it with mustard sauce and it was to die for. The best I have ever had. Melt in your mouth, amazing flavours. The schnitzel is still great but the lamb was amazing. This is their new signature dish, in my option. I asked Chef Jane for her secret and was told she marinates it in a yogurt sauce. It sure works.

1  Thank DonJ532