“Good Food and Service”

Ranked #1 of 104 Restaurants in Owen Sound
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We came in here for a late night dinner - great food lots of selection and our server was great!! Dessert was scrumptious!! Only thing is we keep wanting to go again but the only day we seem to be through Owen Sound is on a Sunday and they are closed! Disappointing.

There are newer reviews for Shorty's Bar & Grill

Reviewed 5 June 2014

The place was buzzing but not too noisy. Good atmosphere with cinema posters for decoration. Food freshly cooked and huge portions - two whole chicken breasts for my wife and a plateful of liver and onions for me. Excellent service from friendly staff.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We were will a group and they were able to accommodate us quickly to all of our tables as there were 40 of us. From the outside it looks small, but once inside there is plenty of room plus a seasonal out door patio. So many great choices to have on the menu, but made the decision to have the prime rib and my preference is always to have it well done, which is hard for most restaurants to do, but not Shorty's. It was done perfectly and huge portions. I have never seen such a perfect cut and no fat on it. Great home cooked veggies and a nice large baked potato. If you have room, save room for dessert because the cheese cake is excellent !!! It can be a little noisy and my only regret was they did not offer a refill on soft drinks. If we are in Owen Sound again we will definitely stop.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

This is my third time being at Shortys. I am afraid to admit, I loved their Phili Cheesesteak sandwich the first time I went there, that is immediate what I have chosen to order in both subsequent trips. Maybe one day I will try something else but the sandwich is SO good!! Our waitress, Natasha, was bright and efficient. I love the quaint friendly bar atmosphere with its retro movie posters. Some may find the noise level too much but I take it that it is the sound of people having a fun Friday night out with friends.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very good food, large portions. It can get loud, it is not a large restaurant. Had everything from burgers, pulled pork, steak, to liver & onions in the group we went with, all was very good. I would recommend reservations from Thursday night on. All ages were there eating, but not really a place I would take young children. Would certainly tell people to go there.