“Good Choice”

Ranked #2 of 105 Restaurants in Owen Sound
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We went to this restaurant on the advice of one of the locals. We were staying in Owen Sound for one night after coming from Tobermory. I think we made a good choice. We were able to be seated right away even though it was a busy Friday night. Service was friendly and their wine prices were reasonable.
I went for the Cobb Salad and added a salmon filet for $7. The Salmon was a little over done but I prefer it to be over rather than under. The salad itself was so good that it would have been great even without the salmon. Lots of egg and blue cheese and the dressing was excellent. My husband ordered the Jumbo Lobster Ravioli. It came with two small garlic bread. The portion size was on the small side and he felt there wasn't enough lobster. The basil sauce though, was quite good.
Overall a good meal. I would go again.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is one of my favourite quick, light lunches in Owen Sound. A great salad which includes avocado and corn niblets with the greens, etc. This salad, and I think all of their salads are served with two warm pieces of garlic toast which are to die for.
Give it a try, I bet you like it.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

It's comfortable, dining area is great for conversation and comfortable for all age groups. We had a baby and a senior citizen - space was a requirement for our group and everyone was comfortably accommodated. The food was average. My daughter is Vegan and she was taken care of without question. The menu is very limited- chicken wings, sandwhiches, fries etc ....

Yes- it's a pub and an active upper drinking establishment once the sun goes down ... but it's pretty ok :)

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Excellent tasty food. Very busy place.... however you get what you pay for.... and MAN...... do you PAY there.... 19$ for fish and chips and 15$ for a hot hamburg with fries, no veg. Good service and good food though... so IF you don't mind paying through the nose..... for nasty food ... go to Shorty's while in Owen Sound.

1  Thank Tim M
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Two rules when serving mussels on the menu...please make sure they are fresh, and make sure they are scrubbed. Fresh..yes, they were, but when i picked up one, it was linked to another by a good sized, very thick, finger length chunk of algae. Both mussels had algae "beards" on them. I debated mentioning this to my server but decided against it. She was preoccupied, i am pretty laid back, and there were other patrons close by. We had to ask for cutlery, which was brought to our table after the mussels were consumed. I don't blame the server for the mussels having "beards" she is not the cook. Rest assured, other people WILL complain about this, and had i had my iphone, i would have photographed it. If you enjoy mussels, consider yourselves lucky i didn't. We've visited Shorty's before, on a few occasions, but i am sorry to say it..this will be our last visit.