“New Market, HI express review”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newmarket
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Newmarket
Novi, Michigan
“New Market, HI express review”
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

I visited New Market for the first time last week on business and was put up in this hotel by my employer. I checked in real late and the check-in was a breeze even at 1:00 AM in the morning. The room was clean and everything looked to be in place. I stayed here for 3 nights and was never disappointed. They had continental breakfast which was ok..Only complaint I had was the noise from the lift which was right next to my room. I'd stay away from rooms close to the lift as the lift is real noisy!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank travellingchacha
HolidayInnNewmarket, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newmarket, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear travellingchacha,

Thank you for taking out the time to review our hotel. We are happy to have made your stay a great one. I have passed on your concern regarding the elevator noise to my general manager who will be taking this forward with our local elevator company in order to come up with a way to minimize the noise. We greatly appreciate for you to let us know about this issue. We hope you will choose us for all your future visits in Newmarket, Ontario.

DOS

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Very nice staff. Checked in on Thanksgiving Day in Canada. Clerk at desk was personable and professional. Room and amenities as expected for hotel in this range. No significant complaints. Price and quality are as can reasonably be expected in hotel in this range.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jordan C
Dear Jordan C,

Thank you for taking out the time to review us. We are glad we could make your recent stay a pleasurable one. Your positive words encourage our staff members to know that they are doing a good job. Our team at the hotel works very hard to obtain guest satisfactory results.

We would love to make your stay a pleasurable one everytime!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Hotel was very clean, no bb issues that others stated earlier. Staff extremely friendly & beds very comfy. Free breakfast was very good, kids loved pancake machine. Friends stayed in king suite with a mini kitchen with full suze fridge & dushwasher, very large room. Would def recommend & would stay again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear murphds,

Your sincere words of kindness have made our day! Our staff members were very happy to know that they are doing a good job when I mentioned to them your positive comments during our last staff meeting. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I stayed in room 208 August 26 to August 28 and checked out early due to bedbugs. I emailed a complaint and was emailed a response from Azhar Syed – General Manager - that there were no bed bugs found in the room. I requested a refund and was basically told in the email response that I was only looking to scam them. Nice customer service Azhar. Please get pest control in and deal with the problem. No one wants to pay for a nights accomodation in a bed shared with bed bugs.

Room Tip: Do not sleep here!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank JLariviere2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newmarket, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear JLariviere2013,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please accept our sincerest apology for the over-all issues you had during your stay. We have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain some additional details. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Newmarket hotels

Seymour, Indiana
Reviewed 10 September 2013

My wife and I arrived with a "passport" used by employees for stays. The desk clerk asked where she worked and in what capacity. That was fine. He kept asking questions concerning her job to the point of an "interogation". Even after verifying it with a General Manager her kept drilling her. He asked what computer operating system she used. She didn't know so he asked "Don't you think you should know that"? That was an inappropriate question from A DESK CLERK AT A HOTEL to ask a GUEST. The answer is no, she doesn't have to know the name of the system. We arrived from the U.S. for the funeral of my wife's brother. She already felt miserable and thanks to a DESK CLERK, she felt worse just by checking in. If he wants to question people so much he should join the RCMP or local law enforcement acency but refrain from doing it while he's A DESK CLERK AT A HOTEL. He didn't tell us where the elevators, pool or work out room was or what time breakfast took place. All that talking and he still didn't do his job correctly. I didn't hear him treat my wife in such a manner, I was getting our bags. It's a good thing.

My wife and I came to the conclusion that cleranliness is optional at this property. Our sheets weren't changed after an accidental coffee spill. We even turned the covers back to make it obvious. It's a wonder the desk clerk didn't question us about that. The trash wasn't taken out each day, pillows could be found in various places after "cleaning", neither the sink nor the shower was wiped down, the sink faucet had hard water stains on it ( I wiped that off), toilet paper rolls were replaced with USED ROLLS and the ends left hanging to the floor and dusting was never done. There's more but I'll stop here.

I've worked at a hotel before and my wife still does. Consistant, professional attention to detail and complete guest comfort and consideration is standard practice. It's a service industry after all. This hotel seems to have no concept of service.

Good Notes. The breakfast was pretty good and we enjoyed the pool, spa and work out rooms. We weren't asked a single question while using them.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Seth H
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newmarket, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Dear Seth H ,

Connie D
Kitchener
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We stayed in room 208 on Aug 9 & 10-13 for my 9 year old daughters soccer tournament. After checking in I checked the box spring (I do this whenever I stay at a hotel) and noticed several "apple seed" like bugs. When I touched one it started moving so I had my wife tape it on her phone (wish I could upload the video to this website). I immediated informed the manager who was in charge and they took a couple of live samples to give to an exterminator. We were alos moved to a room at the opposite end of the hall... that room didi not contain any bed bugs. HOWEVER, the next day, Holiday Inn rented out room 208 to friends of ours... I could not believe it ! The manager said that they took care of the bugs, but how ?? did they send up staff to squish them by hand ? there were no exterminators at the holtel that morning. Unbelievable. Also, the breakfest was awful, the air conditioner was broken and there is no common room. In fact, there was no apology or embarresment on behalf of the representative on this particular Holiday Inn. if you choose to stay here, check your beds before going to sleep.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Ingar F
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newmarket, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Dear Ingar F,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. Providing excellent customer service is one of the things we pride ourselves on and I am sincerely sorry to read that in this case you feel we have fallen short of your expectations. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Janice A
Toronto,Canada
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this location before and normally stay in a standard king room. This time that was sold out so I stayed in a room that had a full kitchen is was not better even it was bigger. The carpet by the bathroom was ripped the kitchen sink was not as clean also the side of hotel we were on had a loud humming which was hard to sleep thru. I hope if staying there again I get a better room

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Naddy016
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newmarket, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Dear Naddy016,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Connie D
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newmarket
Best Western Voyageur Place Hotel
#3 of 4 in Newmarket
Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Markham
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Toronto Markham
Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto-Markham

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newmarket? Share your experiences!