“General manager is worse than the females in regards to their people skills.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newmarket
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Newmarket
Reviewed 27 November 2013

If it was not for the convenience of the location I would not be coming here twice weekly. The male clerks are friendly, the females are not, they never greet anyone entering the building but they sure stare right at you. I come here often and the more I do the more disappointed I am. The manager claims to be the owner and really lacks the notion of customer service. Very unprofessional.

• Stayed: November 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newmarket, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear Karenkat0,

Ben J

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newmarket

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Horrible management staff who do not seem to know how to deal with sports teams despite accepting reservations and revenue.
Idle threats of calling police and adding charges for people walking through halls.
Management not willing to discuss concerns cutting off inquiry before a sentence is complete.
Hotel in not old but not in good shape and location is not optimal.
Find another alternative or come with low expectaions.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mike F
HolidayInnNewmarket, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newmarket, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear Mike F,

Please accept our humble apologies for the dissatisfied stay at our hotel. This should not have happened to you at all. We at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Newmarket thrive on making our guests' satisfaction a number one priority. I will personally look into the period of your stay and see to it whomever from our staff members gave you a hard time. Our team of staff members are well trained to pleasantly interact with guests at all times. Your comfort is very important to us and your concerns are of serious matter. We hope you can find a place in your heart to forgive us and give us another chance by making your future stay a positive one! Thank you.

Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

I visited New Market for the first time last week on business and was put up in this hotel by my employer. I checked in real late and the check-in was a breeze even at 1:00 AM in the morning. The room was clean and everything looked to be in place. I stayed here for 3 nights and was never disappointed. They had continental breakfast which was ok..Only complaint I had was the noise from the lift which was right next to my room. I'd stay away from rooms close to the lift as the lift is real noisy!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank travellingchacha

Dear travellingchacha,

Thank you for taking out the time to review our hotel. We are happy to have made your stay a great one. I have passed on your concern regarding the elevator noise to my general manager who will be taking this forward with our local elevator company in order to come up with a way to minimize the noise. We greatly appreciate for you to let us know about this issue. We hope you will choose us for all your future visits in Newmarket, Ontario.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Very nice staff. Checked in on Thanksgiving Day in Canada. Clerk at desk was personable and professional. Room and amenities as expected for hotel in this range. No significant complaints. Price and quality are as can reasonably be expected in hotel in this range.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jordan C

Dear Jordan C,

Thank you for taking out the time to review us. We are glad we could make your recent stay a pleasurable one. Your positive words encourage our staff members to know that they are doing a good job. Our team at the hotel works very hard to obtain guest satisfactory results.

We would love to make your stay a pleasurable one everytime!

Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Hotel was very clean, no bb issues that others stated earlier. Staff extremely friendly & beds very comfy. Free breakfast was very good, kids loved pancake machine. Friends stayed in king suite with a mini kitchen with full suze fridge & dushwasher, very large room. Would def recommend & would stay again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear murphds,

Your sincere words of kindness have made our day! Our staff members were very happy to know that they are doing a good job when I mentioned to them your positive comments during our last staff meeting. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 7 October 2013

I stayed in room 208 August 26 to August 28 and checked out early due to bedbugs. I emailed a complaint and was emailed a response from Azhar Syed – General Manager - that there were no bed bugs found in the room. I requested a refund and was basically told in the email response that I was only looking to scam them. Nice customer service Azhar. Please get pest control in and deal with the problem. No one wants to pay for a nights accomodation in a bed shared with bed bugs.

Room Tip: Do not sleep here!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank JLariviere2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newmarket, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Dear JLariviere2013,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please accept our sincerest apology for the over-all issues you had during your stay. We have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain some additional details. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M

Reviewed 10 September 2013

My wife and I arrived with a "passport" used by employees for stays. The desk clerk asked where she worked and in what capacity. That was fine. He kept asking questions concerning her job to the point of an "interogation". Even after verifying it with a General Manager her kept drilling her. He asked what computer operating system she used. She didn't know so he asked "Don't you think you should know that"? That was an inappropriate question from A DESK CLERK AT A HOTEL to ask a GUEST. The answer is no, she doesn't have to know the name of the system. We arrived from the U.S. for the funeral of my wife's brother. She already felt miserable and thanks to a DESK CLERK, she felt worse just by checking in. If he wants to question people so much he should join the RCMP or local law enforcement acency but refrain from doing it while he's A DESK CLERK AT A HOTEL. He didn't tell us where the elevators, pool or work out room was or what time breakfast took place. All that talking and he still didn't do his job correctly. I didn't hear him treat my wife in such a manner, I was getting our bags. It's a good thing.

My wife and I came to the conclusion that cleranliness is optional at this property. Our sheets weren't changed after an accidental coffee spill. We even turned the covers back to make it obvious. It's a wonder the desk clerk didn't question us about that. The trash wasn't taken out each day, pillows could be found in various places after "cleaning", neither the sink nor the shower was wiped down, the sink faucet had hard water stains on it ( I wiped that off), toilet paper rolls were replaced with USED ROLLS and the ends left hanging to the floor and dusting was never done. There's more but I'll stop here.

I've worked at a hotel before and my wife still does. Consistant, professional attention to detail and complete guest comfort and consideration is standard practice. It's a service industry after all. This hotel seems to have no concept of service.

Good Notes. The breakfast was pretty good and we enjoyed the pool, spa and work out rooms. We weren't asked a single question while using them.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Seth H
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newmarket, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Dear Seth H ,

Connie D
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newmarket
Best Western Voyageur Place Hotel
#3 of 4 in Newmarket
Hilton Toronto / Markham Suites Conference Centre & Spa
Holiday Inn Express Toronto - Markham
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Toronto Markham

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newmarket? Share your experiences!