“An affordable and friendly nights stop over”
Review of SilverStar Motel

SilverStar Motel
SilverStar Motel
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Midland
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We arranged to visit Midland on a whim and decided to give the Silverstar a try as we were only there one night .The gentleman at the counter was very pleasant and helpful. He showed me the room before we decided to book and when we did; he spent a few minutes showing me a map of the town. He explained were the best places to eat were and gave me a few pamphlets on the tourist attractions in the area. He also suggested a possible walking route around the lake. At no point did I feel pestered or put upon, in fact I was extremely grateful for the advice.
The room was very spacious and clean, the AC was great and the bathroom was immaculate. The place is a little basic but this is well reflected in the price and as far as motels go I have stayed in far less impressive hotels.
All told, I was really impressed with the Silverstar the staff were great the room was lovely and the price was very affordable for independent travellers. Well done you guys!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 August 2013

This is a typical small town motel, however the owners actually care about your comfort.
They keep the rooms clean, and provide you with an extremely friendly and helpful attitude.
I stayed there 8/16/13-8/18/13 and just booked the labour day long weekend starting the 30th.
if you need a room for a night or two, that is worry free and close to the heart of Midland,, then you're more than fine here !!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We had a great night's stay at the Silver Star. We had booked this motel over the phone before our stay andd upon arrival the owner greeted us as if we were long lost friends. The room was very clean and accommodating, with comfortable beds, table and chairs and a tv. We made use of the complimentary toiletries and coffee maker that were in the room as well. it is in a wonderful location, close to restaurants and stores.

The staff was wonderful and we would definitely stay there again and again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2013

My husband and I had a great stay at this motel. Everything was comfortable and the staff was great and very accommodating. The rooms were perfect for the price as well. Recommended for all travelers.

Room Tip: Get the 2nd floor rooms - nice view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Best price in town. The new owners are very nice. The accommodations are nice, every clean. We like the deck chairs on balcony where we drank some wine before headng out for the night. Even though we slept in Jay was kind enough to give us couple of reminder wake up calls. I would definitely stay there again. Very nice steak & seafood restaurant right across the street. 5min walk into downtown Midland. Love the family that runs the SilverStar.

If you are reading this, just do it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2012

I enjoyed my stay at the Silver Star motel in Midland.
The two new owners were so friendly ! They even made me a special fare because I was travelling alone and on a budget.
Rooms are very clean and the motel is located close to the main attractions, in a quiet area of Midland.
I highly recommend it..

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank traveldreamer84
jitendra_solanki, Owner at SilverStar Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

Thank-you for your reivew. It was our pleasure to serve you. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 27 July 2012

We travelled to Midland to work for 6 weeks and were looking for a motel that was clean and unexpensive. The Silverstar was the third or fourth place we looked at. Tanya and Jay were very friendly and showed us their rooms right away. They are brand new owners to the motel and are working very hard to ensure that you have a good stay with them. The rooms all have new paint and carpet and are very clean! Though it is not the most modern motel... it is a motel!! Free wi-fi, air conditioners that actually work and are fairly new I believe. TVs that work, a decent fridge and a microwave in each room. Also a coffee maker! Bathrooms could use a little love but are spotless with new shower surrounds. Clean towels and sheets each day (towels are a little small but they work) ask for extra pillows, Tanya or Jay will bring them for you right away, and I mean right away! If there is anything they can do to improve your stay they will do their best to please you. Awesome people. Location is great (as there is no grass at the motel) it is almost right across the street from a beautiful park., very close to downtown, the main street, the marina, golf courses and 10 minutes from Penetang. Definitely an affordable place to stay and I would recommend it to anyone, not the Taj Mahal but clean, quiet, and very friendly. We will stay there anytime in the future!
Thanks for making our stay away from home so easy
Tammy and Mike

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Tammer3
jitendra_solanki, Owner at SilverStar Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

thanks for your time to write a brif review for silverstar motel.
hopefully see you soon.