“Thanks Mr and Mrs. Jay !”
Review of SilverStar Motel

SilverStar Motel
SilverStar Motel
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Midland
Reviewed 4 October 2013

we stayed at the Silver Star motel for three nights and had a wonderful time. What makes this place so special, in addition to its great location and facilities, is that owners Mr and Mrs Jay. They helped us in many ways during our stay. The Room is very well equipped for a couple or a family. The room is ultra clean. Everything has been as promised and as pictured on their web site. I would certainly recommend this motel to anyone vising Midland. Thanks Mr and Mrs. Jay !

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Viji S
There are newer reviews for SilverStar Motel

Reviewed 18 September 2013

We arranged to visit Midland on a whim and decided to give the Silverstar a try as we were only there one night .The gentleman at the counter was very pleasant and helpful. He showed me the room before we decided to book and when we did; he spent a few minutes showing me a map of the town. He explained were the best places to eat were and gave me a few pamphlets on the tourist attractions in the area. He also suggested a possible walking route around the lake. At no point did I feel pestered or put upon, in fact I was extremely grateful for the advice.
The room was very spacious and clean, the AC was great and the bathroom was immaculate. The place is a little basic but this is well reflected in the price and as far as motels go I have stayed in far less impressive hotels.
All told, I was really impressed with the Silverstar the staff were great the room was lovely and the price was very affordable for independent travellers. Well done you guys!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2013

This is a typical small town motel, however the owners actually care about your comfort.
They keep the rooms clean, and provide you with an extremely friendly and helpful attitude.
I stayed there 8/16/13-8/18/13 and just booked the labour day long weekend starting the 30th.
if you need a room for a night or two, that is worry free and close to the heart of Midland,, then you're more than fine here !!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We had a great night's stay at the Silver Star. We had booked this motel over the phone before our stay andd upon arrival the owner greeted us as if we were long lost friends. The room was very clean and accommodating, with comfortable beds, table and chairs and a tv. We made use of the complimentary toiletries and coffee maker that were in the room as well. it is in a wonderful location, close to restaurants and stores.

The staff was wonderful and we would definitely stay there again and again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2013

My husband and I had a great stay at this motel. Everything was comfortable and the staff was great and very accommodating. The rooms were perfect for the price as well. Recommended for all travelers.

Room Tip: Get the 2nd floor rooms - nice view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Best price in town. The new owners are very nice. The accommodations are nice, every clean. We like the deck chairs on balcony where we drank some wine before headng out for the night. Even though we slept in Jay was kind enough to give us couple of reminder wake up calls. I would definitely stay there again. Very nice steak & seafood restaurant right across the street. 5min walk into downtown Midland. Love the family that runs the SilverStar.

If you are reading this, just do it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2012

I enjoyed my stay at the Silver Star motel in Midland.
The two new owners were so friendly ! They even made me a special fare because I was travelling alone and on a budget.
Rooms are very clean and the motel is located close to the main attractions, in a quiet area of Midland.
I highly recommend it..

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank traveldreamer84
jitendra_solanki, Owner at SilverStar Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

Thank-you for your reivew. It was our pleasure to serve you. We hope to see you again soon!