“Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Midland
London, Canada
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

Very comfortable and enjoyable stay. I stayed here recently with my family and we enjoyed our stay. Kids enjoyed the pool and the games room. Breakfast was excellent. Kids and wife are happy means stay was excellent.

Room Tip: Rooms with two queen beds when travelling with family
1 Thank Jenjen A
MidlandOn, Manager at Quality Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 9 June 2012
On behalf of the management and staff of the Best Western Plus Highland Inn & Conference Centre, we would like to thank you for taking out time from your busy schedule and sharing your feedback which directly help us to improve our service.

I would like to personally thank you for your stay at our hotel and provide us the opportunity to make your stay comfortable. We are really happy that you have enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

I shared your feedback with the Front Desk and Housekeeping Staff and how you appreciate their work and they were really excited.

We look forward to welcome you on your next visit at The Best Western Plus Highland Inn & Conference Centre, Midland. If you have any questions or need assistance please feel free to contact us.
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us, we really appreciate your business.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Markham, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

I stayed at this Best Western in May 2012. I was awoken after midnight by very loud laughing, door slamming and general running around and screaming in the hallways. I quickly realized that the noise was not only coming throught the walls of our room but also form the hallway and the outside parking lot. After I realized it was not going to stop on its own I called the front desk at 1am, 1:30am and again at 6am. The problem was not obviously resolved satisfactorily. The noise just ebbed and flowed... As you can imagine not much sleep was happening on my end. When I checked out and reminded front desk of this (they did not bring this up on their own of course) they offered a $15.21 discount (13%) of the original room rate. I found that quite insulting. Are they suggesting I received 87% of the service I should have gotten? I expected a good night sleep. Sleeping from 2am - 6am was NOT what I was counting on. If they had enforced their own policy of quiet after 11pm then I would not been woken up and had to make any complaints at all which would have been ideal. When I said this they offered to up the discount to 25% I was still not impressed.
As for customer service don't expect much here. I was told that I would get a follow up call from the Manager, Mr Abid but alas none was forthcoming. I gave him the benefit of doubt and called him. Answering machine. Left a message and alas ... still no phone call.
Called Best Western's Customer Service and after 30 minutes of holding they offered me a membership into their valued customer program. Why would i want that exactly?

Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Alice R
Thank you for taking the time for your feedback about your stay with us.

We were very much concerned to learn about your dissatisfaction with regards to noise disturbance.

Your feedback is very much appreciated as we continuously strive to improve our services and facilities and only through comments provided by our valued guests we will be able to do so.

I thank you for taking the time to talk to me and address all the concerns. .

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Thanks you
Operations Manager

Travellers are raving about these Midland hotels

france
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012

Not outstanding, but very middling. Rooms have what you would expect :Rooms & beds OK, shower OK, towels OK. Resto menus confusing, Some items only available in lounge, discount vouchers not applicable. Disappointing. Riotous wedding did not disturb us at all so sound proofing very good;
Breakfast at poolside not ideal ( smell & noise) breakfast lacked any meat.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MidlandOn, Manager at Quality Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 18 May 2012
On behalf of the management and staff of the Best Western Plus Highland Inn & Conference Centre, we would like to thank you for taking out time and sharing your feedback which directly help us to improve our service.

I thank you for all your comments and I would like to assure you that anything brought to our notice is treated with care and attention it deserves. In this way, we hope to ameliorate any areas which our guests feel may need improvement.

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2012

I visit the best western every summer when we come for our boat. Its a great experience every year. I like to stay on the corporate level off the front desk and when we come with our dog we stay in the exterior units. The breakfast area is under renovation which is almost complete and it looks great. Staff is always smiling and cheerful.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jane W
MidlandOn, Manager at Quality Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
On behalf of the management and staff of the Best Western Plus Highland Inn & Conference Centre, we would like to thank you for taking time from your busy schedule and sharing your feedback which directly helps us improve our service.

Dear Guest,

I would like to personally thank you for your stay at our hotel and provided us the opportunity to make your stay comfortable. We are realy happy that you have enjoyed your stay.

I shared your feedback with the Staff and how you appriciated their work and they were really excited.

We look forward to welcome you on your next visit.

If you have any questions or need assistance please feel free to contact us.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

I usually visit family in midland and stay at their house. This time decided to stay at the Best Western and enjoyed our stay. Nice pool, hot tub, ver good breakfast and excellent staff.

Room Tip: I stayed at the lobby level and it was good.

Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcome you on your next visit.

If you have any questions or need assistance please feel free to contact us.

Guelph, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

This is the best hotel option in Midland. My wife & I stay here regularly as we keep our sail boat in Penetanguishene, just 15 minutes away. For overall service, convenience and value you can't beat this Best Western. My only concern is they don't allow any pets, so when we need a hotel when our dog is along we choose the Comfort Inn or Super 8.
The Best Western has an indoor pool, sauna, hot tub, breakfast facility (usually included), lounge, restaurant, exercise room and lots of clean well maintained rooms. The service is great and even when things go wrong (which happens, even at 5* hotels) the staff works to fix it. The Olympia steakhouse, at the hotel, has very good food.

This place has never let us down, which explains why we keep coming back. Reasonable pricing, good service, easy access, central location and right next door to Home Depot, Walmart, West Marine, three restaurants.

Room Tip: Book directly with the hotel, if possible, as they often have specials that do not show on the Best...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MidlandOn, Manager at Quality Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 5 May 2012
On behalf of the hotel team, a very big Thank You for your detailed review.
Your feedback is really appreciated.

We allow pets in our exterior units and would like you to stay with us all the time.

We are all striving to ensure the highest level of standards and service to all our guests and we look forward to welcome you again soon.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

Overall this was a nice hotel. The rooms were comfortable and kept clean. Buffet breakfast was good to get the kids going in the morning. It has a small fitness area so you can get a work-out in but not a lot of equipmment. Pool area is large but parts were under renovation so not really particularly comfortable to sit out. It is an older hotel and so has that feel to it but beds were comfortable and hotel was quiet which is really all we needed.

If you are looking for a comfortable place to stay when you have lots to do in Midland and so won't be hangin out at the hotel, this is good place to stay.

1 Thank RH_Travellors
MidlandOn, Manager at Quality Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Thank you very much for your time and giving us your feedback.

We are happy to read your review and appreciated your effort for taking time to post such a comment. Our guest’s complete satisfaction is our main concern. We are doing some upgrades and renovations and hoping to finish the work soon.
Thank you once again and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel.

Best regards,
Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Midland
Comfort Inn Midland
#1 of 14 in Orillia
Super 8 Midland
Super 8 Midland
#3 of 8 in Midland

Been to Quality Inn & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!