“Excellent value for the money”

Quality Inn & Conference Centre
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Midland
A TripAdvisor Member
“Excellent value for the money”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

This hotel is excellent for a family. The highlight was the salt water indoor pool. The staff were very friendly and helpful . They provided excellent value. Our one bedroom suite, with a whirlpool tube was very large, but a bit dated. The décor was very basic, but very clean.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed 18 June 2013

To start with I am not going to give a true rating for this hotel. This is a Best Western Hotel and they should Know the difference between a Breakfast and a Continental Breakfast. I've been at the hotel before and they have this great Buffet Breakfast. I was under the impression the Breakfast was a Buffet Type Of Breakfast or something similar as I was paying more money. It says "Breakfast" not "Continental Breakfast" on their website.
I felt a little ripped off when I went down to the restaurant in the morning and its the typical cold continental breakfast. On top of that they have 4 juice machines. One for apple,fruit, and 2 orange. I found it funny that both orange juice machines were out of order. (If Best Western is too cheap to fill the machines or go to the store to get some cartons of orange juice on a Tuesday then just put a notice that says out of stock not out of order.)
Check the website and you'll see what I mean. TALK ABOUT BEING CHEAP !

Room Tip: Hotel guest June 17 to June 18th 2013
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Bruce M

Travellers are raving about these Midland hotels

Penetanguishene, Canada
Reviewed 12 June 2013

We recently had our carpets cleaned, and all the furniture was moved out, and we could not set it back up for 24 hours... being from the area we decided to stay at the Best Western since we had no place to sleep at home. We were given room 252, fireplace jacuzzi suite (which is so outdated and in need of an upgrade). I'm very picky on the cleanliness of a room, so I always do a walk through.. first thing we noticed was an empty chip container sticking out from the bedskirt and crumbs. We went to the front desk, and asked for a different room, as I questioned how "clean" the room really was. . I picked up the container, put it on the coffee table and left a note for them. Plus I had originally wanted a room with a jacuzzi tub and no fireplace..

They moved us to the ground floor in an executive suite and said they would "send" the one in charge of housekeeping to inspect the room and thanked us for bringing it to their attention.

I'm not sure if there was smoking or a party in this room previously, but the carpet was wet and while it smelled nice, it was almost over powering.. On the bedspread, there was a cigarette burn, in a NON smoking room so one can only assume.. There was mold in the corners of the shower, hair in the sink areas/shower.. That for me is one of my biggest pet peeves as i find that disgusting. I dont want to see other people's body hair in any room i rent. I figured it had been a long day, so I decided to use the jaccuzi tub and relax. upon turning on the jets, chunks of white stuff came out (not sure what it was) and the knob to turn/empty the tub fell off

Really? for 149.99 a night, this is NOT acceptable. I didn't bother complaining and just sucked it up. I went down to the lounge for a burger. We used to eat and have the "highland burger" before Olympia took over and it was amazing. This burger was really bad. It was dry, and burnt, and upset my belly. I was really disappointed.

I brought my laptop to be able to have something to do, however their wifi connection on the bottom floor was slow and horrible and kept disconnecting. I ended up just watching TV then going to bed.

It could be a nice hotel, if they paid more attention to maintenance, and cleanliness. If we ever need to rent a room again for any reason, it don't think it will be at this location

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Brantford, Canada
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I came here just for one night with my friends and our parents and it was really fun. For starters it had really nice rooms and quite big to. I have to say, this was one of the nicest rooms we have ever stayed in. We had a big window, 2 queen beds, 40" flat screen TV, refridgerator, microwave and an enormous bathroom. The room was spotlessly cleanNext after we unpacked we went down to the pool and it was really fun and large and nice for us to play in. It also had a big sauna and hot tub.it was fun to and there was lots of space to run around so if you are ever staying on Brantford I would recommend the Best Western

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
MidlandOn, Manager at Quality Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 6 June 2013
Thank you very much for your wonderful comment on Tripadvisor.
We truly appreciate your feed-back and are thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us with your family and friends. We thank you for your valued patronage!

We are looking forward to your upcoming visits with your family and we truly hope to be able to make your future stays even more enjoyable.

Best Regards,
Angus, ON
Reviewed 29 April 2013

We stayed at The Highland Inn this past weekend for a Lions' Club convention, and found it to be quite pleasant. Our room faced into the Atrium, which was far nicer than if we had been facing the parking lot or road. The beds are very comfortable, and provided as good a sleep as our high-end bed at home. It was great to have a choice of pillows too ... usually I take mine because I'm afraid of what I'll get ... glad I took a chance this time! Breakfast hours were good, and there variety was quite adequate ... scrambled eggs, breakfast sausage, home fries and the usual continental items, all very fresh. Our experience with the staff was good, and management was on hand to make sure everything was running smoothly. The only problem we had was that the thermostat wasn't working properly in our room. It wasn't serious enough to bring in Maintenance because we only stayed 2 nights, and while not to our liking wasn't unbearable. I contacted the management this morning, and they will be checking it out right away so others don't have the same experience. We would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Ask to be looking over the Atrium
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
It is such a pleasure to start the day with your amazing feedback on trip advisor.
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us,
It is a great pleasure to see that you enjoyed our hotel and services.
Thank you as well for complimenting our staff, this will be a wonderful source of motivation and teamwork for all of them.

We hope to be able to welcome you back soon.
Kind regards,
Strathroy, Canada
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. I have not had good luck with Best Western properties before but this one is nice. It has a really nice salt water pool that I was told was warm and all that were in it seem to be enjoying themselves. The breakfast area overlooks the pool and a nice place to have your coffee.Would like to go back in the summer to see the area.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
How can we not smile, with such wonderful comments.
The entire team of the Best Western joins me to thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed staying with us and appreciated our amenities and breakfast.
We would very much have the opportunity to welcome you back in Summer.

Yours sincerely,
Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Midland
Comfort Inn Midland
#2 of 4 in Port Severn
Super 8 Midland
Super 8 Midland
#3 of 8 in Midland

Been to Quality Inn & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!