“A pleasant experience, we will be back”

Ciboulette et Cie - A Food Shop
Ranked #7 of 81 Restaurants in Midland
Cuisines: Cafe, Canadian, American, Soups
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Description: o is Ciboulette et Cie." Remember the vibrant flavours and a home-cooked meal? Though Canadian families have grown increasingly busy, few of us have forgotten how delicious a home-cooked meal can be. But who has time anymore? Ciboulette et Cie is here to help. We combine superb culinary skills with a passion for fresh, local, hand-picked ingredients to bring the home-cooked meal to your table. All you have to do is sit and enjoy with family and friends. Our concept is simple: We find as many quality, locally sourced ingredients as possible then transform them into delicious, ready-to-eat take-home meals. Whether a family dinner on a Wednesday evening, a gathering at the family cottage, or a romantic dinner for two, we are there to contribute to the experience. Our Commitment Ciboulette et Cie (Chive and Company) is rooted in the community. We create partnerships between producers, farmers, and chefs so that you can enjoy the best our region has to offer. Just like the old General Store was at the heart of the neighbourhood, so too is Ciboulette et Cie. We believe ‘Local’ is more than a trend. Like us, it is here to stay. We have deep roots in this community and we believe your food should too. Unlike a supermarket, or a single-aisle store, we can tell you where your food came from – and chances are it's just up the road. By shopping locally and preparing our ingredients and meals right here in our store, we are ensuring that that the environment and local economy will benefit just as much as you and your family. So come in to our kitchen, and bring something home to yours.
Barrie, Ontario, Canada
“A pleasant experience, we will be back”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

My wife and I stopped by Ciboulette et Cie recently while in Midland. While we did not have lunch there we did shop from the great selection of gourmet food items available. We will definitely be back.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Roy E

Midland, Canada
“Amazing”
Reviewed 4 July 2013

This place is awesome! Amazing food! Simple and healthy! Best quinoa salad ever! If you're planning on going to Rib Bistro across the street DON'T! It's garbage! Instead cross the street and come here! Amazing!
Two thumbs up.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Jake D
Victoria Harbour, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“best scones ever”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

the first time I went in to purchase something for unexpected guests for dinner. I bought the chicken pot pie, and decided to get a scone for myself. Both were great and I find I now buy a scone every time I go regardless of what my purchase was supposed to be. I have even bought a pot pie to take to Toronto. I highly recommend it, I was even given a take out menu so I can call ahead if I am looking for a particular item

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Ann S
Collingwood, Canada
“Stale Pastry”
Reviewed 3 March 2013

On two separate occasions we visited the Ciboulette et Cie- Food Shop in Midland Ontario, and both times found the pastries to be attractive in appearance but extremely stale in taste. The pastry of the Lemon Curd Square I had this time was so tough I could not cut it with my fork. My wife had a butter tart and ended up only eating the filling because that pastry was also dry and tough.
The coffee we had was average, but certainly nothing I would expect from a specialty shop. The handle of my coffee mug was sticky as though it had not been washed.
Also despite what appeared to be an adequate number of staff I had to clear one of very few tables large enough to seat more than two. The dirty dishes sat on the table next to us for a long period of time before anyone came to clear them. On the first visit even after I cleared the dirty dishes I still needed to go and get a wet cloth from the girl behind the counter to wipe the table.
The washrooms on both visits were messy with the garbage in the men's washroom filled over the brim.
The girl behind the counter on this last visit appeared to have difficulty multi-tasking as my wife stood at the counter for over 5 minutes while she waited on only one other person with an equally small order.
We will not return to this restaurant for a 3rd attempt.

• Visited March 2013
5 Thank J T
Midland, Ontario, Canada
“Expect wonderful!”
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Andre has really worked hard to add new and exciting things to both the menu and the store. It always seems to be very busy during the lunchtime hours. I have bought many gifts and gift certificates at this restaurant. It also caters to gluten free!

Visited February 2013