“Casual Family Fish Restaurant”
Review of Henry's

Henry's
Ranked #13 of 81 Restaurants in Midland
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian
Good for: View, Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Toronto, Canada
“Casual Family Fish Restaurant”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We have tried this Restaurant on a few occasions and enjoy it more and more every time we go to it.
The breaded pickerel and chips, are just amazing, and with a cold glass of Muskoka Ale for me and a glass of white for my wife well, it just doesn't get any better.
Highly recommended

Dundas, Canada
“First Rate Fish in Midland”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We were tired after working on the boat all day and decided to eat at Henry's (South) in Midland, Ont.The restaurant is located within the Wye Heritage Marina, around the corner from Martyr's Shrine and just off Hywy 12 - a few kilometers west of Hywy 400.
We had a very light dinner; a couple of Muskoka pale ale, an excellent Caesar salad and an order of smoked lake trout, both of which we shared. The salad was great, not too garlicky or over-dressed, with real bacon bits & croutons. The fish was fresh from Georgian Bay and smoked on the premises. Service was good and the view from the patio overlooking the marina and the boats was pretty hard to beat; certainly worth the drive. (or walk, in our case)! All in (incl. tax,)we were just about $30. for 2 - very reasonable for what we got.

Vancouver
“Nice fish, good setting”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We were looking for a spot with a patio for dinner on a lovely summer evening, and Henry's was great. It's located right on the marina and has a nice view. We had the pickerel and pike. Very generous serving portions and fresh-tasting food. Only regret was that we couldn't eat outside on the patio - the only seating is picnic tables which weren't possible for my elderly mother's mobility problems. So one suggestion - invest in a few regular outdoor tables.

“Better Places For Fish”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

If you like a very small portion of fish breaded in a large portion of batter then this is the place. Really could not believe how much batter you could get on such a small portion of fish. Family style service portions of sub standard food does not make a good dining experience. Above average pricing, many other better paces to eat in the area for a nice fish dinner.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank revueitt
“Yikes”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I had heard so much about this place since I moved here, so when a relative was visiting from out of town & wanted fish, I decided to finally give it a try. I'm not a very picky person when it comes to food, but this food was pretty horrible. Maybe I was there on a bad day!? Only one other table had guests the entire time we were there, which shocked us after all that we had heard. I ordered the pan fried pickerel & it was dry, bland & had an extremely fishy taste - & I gathered all of this from one second of it being in my mouth without even chewing. After spending so much money, I forced myself to eat a bit. The best was the battered fish, but I imagine it was the deep frying & the batter that made it taste good. The other 2 fish offered were better than the pan fried, but still bland & fishy tasting. Worst meal I've had in this country so far. I had a horrible fishy aftertaste in my mouth when we left. I was embarrassed to have brought my relative there saying the food was good. On the upside, (if the food had been good), the portions were huge. I ended up taking a huge portion of it home & in not wanting to waste my money, I gave it to someone I don't like. LOL

• Visited May 2014