“Good hotel for a short stay”

Holiday Inn Kitchener
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Kitchener
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed for one night at this hotel. Everything was clean, bed was comfy. The hotel was undergoing renovations but only in the tower. The shower/tub was hard to drain and leaked a bit of water - but other than that, nothing big to report. There was a pool and the rooms had a balcony.

For the price, would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Try to get poolside to not have a highway view room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Managerofthenight, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Kitchener, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Jelly_Bean_Ottawa,

Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor. We are so glad to read that you had your stay with us even though it was for a short time. I have noted your concerns about the shower/tub and assure you this will be brought to both the maintenance and housekeeping departments

It’s great to know that our team continues to provide exceptional service to our guests. Your comment about the cleanliness of the room and comfort of the beds will thrill our housekeeping team and I will be more than happy to pass them onto them.

We would love to have you stay with us, whenever you are in the Kitchener area. It would be our pleasure to see you again.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Run far, run fast, run wide. This hotel is under a major renovation which was not made clear when we booked our room. Upon arrival there was a very large convention taking place which was very noisy and we found out that the hotel elevators were not functional so we had to climb the stairs. I had my elderly Mom with me and as everything was sold out in Kitchener we had to very slowly climb the stairs making it impossible for us to come back down and enjoy any amenities. (OK most weren't working anyways) Once in our room we discovered that the television remote didn't work properly, the telephone did not work and the window had a large crack down the middle. The beds are OK however the pillows are so soft that even with 2 I was sleeping on the mattress. The bathroom is very small (cannot fit 2 people in at the same time) and the shower did not work. The hotel did give us our room free of charge however it appears that no one in the hotel can make any decisions as the desk clerk had to bring in her manager and he had to call his manager etc etc etc. The manager on duty that night did not even have the courtesy to speak with us directly passing right in front of us and signaling to the front desk to give us our room.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lynn185

Dear Lynn185,

I would like to send you a personal thank you for the comments concerning your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Kitchener. I am very disappointed that we were unable to resolve the issues you experienced while you were with us. I am so terribly sorry to hear that your stay was not up to our standards.

It is only by hearing guest comments that we can make changes in the way that we do business to improve our service levels in all areas. As a Quality Excellence Award Winning hotel our team is completely committed to ensuring that all of our guests enjoy a superior level of service during their visit with us and it is very disappointing when we fail to carry that promise through.

I would like to take some time and discuss your individual experience in more detail with you so that we can take specific steps to improve on the areas that were of concern to you. Please contact me either by e-mail at tristanwilkinson@fortisproperties.com or by telephone at (519) 894-8502.

Thank you again for your feedback. Please let me know if I can be of assistance in making any future reservations for you.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

It should be mentioned when booking that there are major renovations been made to the hotel, It was a very unpleasant stay, I am glad it was only for one night. Considering the price paid, I did expect more from the Holiday Inn. The front desk staff were the only saving grace.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
HolidayInnKitchener, Front Office Supervisor at Holiday Inn Kitchener, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear Vicki M,

We value the time you took to let other IHG readers know about our Holiday Inn Kitchener.

We consistently renovate and refurbish all our rooms and the tower project is one of our biggest renovations to date. I will say that come September 2014, when all our tower rooms are remodeled, you will be pleasantly surprised.

We would love to have you stay with us again, whenever you are in the Kitchener area. It would be our pleasure to see you again.

Tristan Wilkinson, Front Office Supervisor

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I was really disappointed by a recent stay at this hotel. It is under construction and when I arrived late in the evening there was construction garbage lying all over the parking lit and entryway. The parking lot is poorly lit and did not feel safe with a late arrival. I was in a 1st floor room down a never-ending series of hallways and when I arrived I entered a room stuck in the 80's. The bathtub was dirty, the bathmat was stained, the door paint was chipped and peeling. When you sat on the toilet it clunked against the wall of the room!! The coffee maker had a cord which didn't reach a single outlet. I had to move furniture to plug it in. Very disappointing and not up to Holiday Inn standards.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
HolidayInnKitchener, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Kitchener, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

To Hallake2,

It was very kind of you to take a few minutes out of your busy schedule to share your experience on Tripadvisor and thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Kitchener for your recent stay. I am very disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us.

I will address the Housekeeping issues, specially the the stained bathmat and dirty bathtub, as well as the coffee maker with our Housekeeping manager Grace Friel. With regards to the refuge from the renovations we definitely should have had the area cleaned up or blocked off so it would not impede any guests while staying at the hotel. That is something I will bring up with my general manager.

I would like to take some time and discuss your individual experience in more detail with you so that we can take specific steps to improve on the areas that were of concern to you. Please contact me either by e-mail at tristanwilkinson@fortisproperties.com or call me at 519 894 8502.

Further, I would like to invite you to give us another opportunity to demonstrate the product and services we are used to providing to our guests. I am very sorry that we were unable to provide this to you during your stay.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Beautiful place- great personal service- a place to have a staff party where the atmosphere, food and accomodations surpass your expectations!
We host our annual Christmas Party at the Holiday Inn and we have no complaints.
Hivi our personal planner had everything prepared to our satisfaction.
The newly renovated rooms were lovely.
Staff was amazing!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Mary K
HolidayInnKitchener, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Kitchener, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear cheyenneo1,

We would like to extend our great appreciation to you, for sharing this wonderful comment with other Tripadvisor readers. We would like to thank you for your loyalty. The Holiday Inn Kitchener is proud to be your home away from home.

We appreciate your comments about the overall service and accommodation of the Hotel and pride ourselves on going the extra mile to ensure you had a comfortable and memorable stay. We especially enjoyed reading that Hivi offered you exceptional service and we all can’t wait to welcome you back again to the Hotel for your next Christmas Party.

Tristan Wilkinson, Front Office Supervisor/Manager

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Was booked here by an organization for a week-long training program. I stayed in a ground floor room which was very clean. The room I was in is due for an upgrade - not overdue - but definitely due. Staff was very friendly. Room service was good and on time. A good location as there are a couple of other restaurants nearby and the Fairway (Fairview?) mall with Wal-Mart, Sears, etc. is a 5-10 minute walk away. A couple of minor complaints - after heading to dining room for the breakfast buffet on Saturday morning, was told that I could order off the menu. I guess it wasn't busy enough that morning so the buffet was a no-go. Remote in room would not shut-off tv. Other than that, I would recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Some rooms on ground floor have sliding doors with good locks, so if you want direct access to your...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank 5kmilesin2010
HolidayInnKitchener, Front Office Supervisor at Holiday Inn Kitchener, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear 5kmilesin2010,

We would like to extend our great appreciation to you, for sharing this wonderful comments with other Tripadvisor readers. Your comments on the cleanliness of our room will definitely put a smile on Grace our Housekeeping Manager's face. Moreover, we appreciate your compliments regarding the efficiency of room service and the friendliness of staff.

We are constantly improving and upgrading our rooms, providing comfort and quality for all who stay there. We should have replaced the television remote for your room, I am terribly sorry for that. I will be following up with my Chief Engineer about that issue.

Customer satisfaction is our main priority and we are so happy to have you stay with us whenever you are in Kitchener.

Thank you for your loyalty. It would be our pleasure to see you again

Tristan Wilkinson
Front Office Supervisor

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Beds are comfortable. Not overly impressed by this hotel stay. Rooms were not ready on time. Did not get the requested room. Put too close to the hiway behind and it was noisy. Our toilet did not flush properly. For the rate we paid, I would not go again.
No breakfast included.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank kesrock
HolidayInnKitchener, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Kitchener, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Good Day,

I would like to send you a personal thank you for the comments you gave us on Tripadvisor concerning your stay at the Holiday Inn Kitchener. I am very disappointed that your experience was not up to our standards.

I would like to take some time and discuss your individual experience in more detail with you. Please contact me either by e-mail at najikotob@fortisproperties.com or by telephone at (519) 894-8526.

Naji Kotob
Front Office Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kitchener
Radisson Hotel Kitchener
#1 of 14 in Kitchener
Kitchener Inn and Suites
#2 of 14 in Kitchener
City Commercial Core
Crowne Plaza Kitchener-Waterloo
The Walper Hotel
#3 of 14 in Kitchener

Been to Holiday Inn Kitchener? Share your experiences!